Whatever...goodbye

I apologize for bringing up the question to BTS on whether it would be possible to have mod-able casualties in CMBB. I didn't know that it would be such a big deal. For the record slapdragon, I think IIRC that I have asked once before sometime last year about it. Certainly not 30 + times.

I apologize for not searching for BTS's 'official' response on this matter and no I didn't know before I made my other post, believe what you want.

As far as the other topic which brought this about...what Mord said.

Goodbye all. Good luck with CMBB BTS.

-John

aka Tiger

Damn, I don't know what that is all about but it sounds like you're leaving. If that's the case then good luck to you and thank you for all the great mods you gave us. I'll think of you from time to time when I use them and I am keeping several of your mods including my - well your Chaffee you did for me. Take care. :(

DAMN IT!!!! GOOD JOB GUYS!!!! REAL FRIGGEN GOOD!!!! I did not really get into the stupid thread he is refering to but let me tell you this right now that I hope that it had nothing to do with him leaving. If it did then each of the persons responsible should really look at themselves and blame themselves for the loss of a leader of the community. What Fionn was not enough? Hmm no all the damn morons that think that they are the know all be all end all of the forum once again show why they feel the PENG thread is so funny. Here is a wonder of an idea. If you see a thread that you do not agree with simply post your arguments thoughtfully and then shut up. I really hope that Tiger was going to leave anyway because if he was not going to and was frustrated to the point of leaving by the rantings of morons (who may have had a point but obviously decided to act like morons instead of debating the subject). Tiger I wish you would stay but good luck and thanks for everything. I would like to apologize for the community for any wrongdoings of it's members if that is the cause for your departure. BTS and CMBO are wonderful things but it would seem that like all great things the cost is high and what we have to deal with to interact here grows daily as egos and elitism start taking over. It is why I left the PENG thread and why I post so little here now. Once again good job folks! What is you next project? Maybe you will all piss off Steve or Charles!!! Wouldn't that be thrill! Idiots!

He isnt going is he...? After all those good mods to...darn sad to see another CM person hit the road....well good luck to you. (It probably has to do with David Aitken and his responses to the body BMP thing..)

-Fieldmarshall

[ 07-25-2001: Message edited by: Fieldmarshall ]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Priest:

Maybe you will all piss off Steve or Charles!!! Wouldn't that be thrill! Idiots!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Perhaps you would like to share with us the reasoning why the MBT should be held accountable for Tiger's action?

I really , really look forward to it.

Mace

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ParaBellum:

It would be really sad if a man with your talents leaves us and CM because of some jerks who behave like 5-year olds.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

For the record I feel the need to say that there were people on both sides of the issue acting like 5 year olds. Also, if this thread devolves into a rehash of the hard feelings in the last thread the giant padlock of doom will be comming very soon.

Having said that, sorry to see you go Tiger, I've really enjoyed your work.

--Chris

I quite like my home.

Most of the time I like the people who live in it.

Occasionally the five year olds behave like 5 year olds and that annoys me.

But it doesn't prompt me to leave.

Nor make hasty and possibly illconsidered threats to do so.

;)

Before I lock this one up... I took a quick look at the thread in question and found plenty of ill manners on all sides to go around. If you kick at a hornet's nest expect to get stung. The dead bodies topic is one of the worst open wounds ever to fester on this BBS. I'm not at all surprised to see that it ended the way it did. However, I am surprised someone would leave the BBS over it.

Steve