The Ten Best Hi-Res Mod Packages?

On a slightly (very slightly) related topic, I am looking for a grass mod that has good elevation color differential. I have one now that is OK but the higher elevations are too blue-green for me. I am looking for something more yellow-green at the top and darker green at the lower elevations. Anybody?

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by wadepm:

[QB]On a slightly (very slightly) related topic, I am looking for a grass mod that has good elevation color differential. I have one now that is OK but the higher elevations are too blue-green for me. I am looking for something more yellow-green at the top and darker green at the lower elevations. Anybody?<hr></blockquote>

Try Richard Tremblett's bumpy_hiresgrass.

Though because it's high res, it can slow down your video card a decent amount. I resized all the textures down to 128x128, and it works well without bogging down the system.

As to the original question, Marco's Sherman packs are excellent hi-res mods. Though he has apparently come out with some new ones recently, and I may have to try those out. :D

- Chris

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by wadepm:

On a slightly (very slightly) related topic, I am looking for a grass mod that has good elevation color differential. I have one now that is OK but the higher elevations are too blue-green for me. I am looking for something more yellow-green at the top and darker green at the lower elevations. Anybody?<hr></blockquote>

You HAVE to get gunnergoz's darkfield grass at derkessel, best CM grass ever (he used real pictures to make it)

www.derkessel.de

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Headcount:

Obviously deeply subjective but I would really appreciate your opinions. Preferably the list would include both terrain and vehicles.

Thanks,

Headcount<hr></blockquote>

try my website: link in my sig. shows what i got on my hard drive. be warned, not all are hi-res and the combatmissions.net website mods are at cmhq now.

for grass i like old dog's subdued.

DD's terrain pack was the favorite on my recent polling of forum favorites.

Magua's normandy terrain was also popular.

Fernando, Gordon Molek & Marco Bergamann are the ones to watch for vehicle mods.

Andrew TF is the king of uniforms (And Jeeps ;) )

Gyrene

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr> Originally posted by wadepm

On a slightly (very slightly) related topic, I am looking for a grass mod that has good elevation color differential. I have one now that is OK but the higher elevations are too blue-green for me. I am looking for something more yellow-green at the top and darker green at the lower elevations. Anybody? <hr></blockquote>

IMO Wolf's grass and winter pack is very good.

Tue

Um, slight teaser perhaps, but one you'll like will be the upcoming 'Winter Terrain Set,' By Tanks A Lot and myself. It will feature a lot of stuff, like:

-woods

-brush

-grass

-pavement

-rough

-roads

-railroads

and whatever else we haven't thought of yet.

Screenies forthcoming, later, that is. smile.gif

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Gyrene:

Andrew TF is the king of uniforms

Gyrene<hr></blockquote>

Ha, this is blasphemy. :mad:

Scipio is the king of uniforms. At least of the German uniforms. Have you missed his camo pack? :cool: He posts his stuff at www.warfarehq.com

[ 12-11-2001: Message edited by: Puff the Magic Dragon ]</p>