BTS, please delete the "New strategy" thread

It is NOT BTS policy to delete threads.

Some of those who had been locked in the past had been pretty sick and even had pics included.

Best thing is to lay low, bump other threads to have the culprit out of page 1 and that's it.

In any case, should such thing happen again, it had been said that the best way to deal with it is to ignore the Troll, to resist the urge to post in the would be locked thread and mail the URL to the Moderators so that they would know what's cooking even if it's on page 2 or so...

Eternal Justice Sig: <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>You will know you have spoken the truth when you are angrily denounced; and you will know you have spoken both truly and well when you are visited by the police.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I didnt know that people like this still existed. What a brave soul he is to come here and speak the truth, for OUR benefit, while he selflessly endures the slings and arrows of our ignorant attacks. He wasn't brave enough to list his email address, like most upstanding forum participants, but no matter.

I wish I could be a martyr like that. That way, anything I do in the name of my misguided notions becomes virtuous.

Bravo, EternalJustice.

What's sad about the whole thing is is that the poor bloke takes the time to type all that out or takes the time to cut and paste which still takes time if the original material is broken up.

Isn't he the one that posted all that Liberal Lingistic crap on the General Forum?

I know there's no perfect solution, but I wish we could answer this person without banning him or deleting his posts. Don't we have a moral obligation to try and deprogram him, or at least plant some doubts in his head? If his arguments are so ridiculous - which they are - we should be able to refute them without too much difficulty. I think I can.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending this guy. I just worry that shutting him down without comment may only serve to harden his resolve.

Of course I could be wrong, and he could simply be trolling for flames...although I wouldn't flame him, only answer his assertions.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by UniversalWolf:

I know there's no perfect solution, but I wish we could answer this person without banning him or deleting his posts. Don't we have a moral obligation to try and deprogram him, or at least plant some doubts in his head? If his arguments are so ridiculous - which they are - we should be able to refute them without too much difficulty. I think I can.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending this guy. I just worry that shutting him down without comment may only serve to harden his resolve.

Of course I could be wrong, and he could simply be trolling for flames...although I wouldn't flame him, only answer his assertions.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh please...you last para says it all. He is a troll. Please everyone stop bumping this back to the top and LET'S TALK ABOUT COMBAT MISSION

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by UniversalWolf:

Don't we have a moral obligation to try and deprogram him, or at least plant some doubts in his head?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, but my problem is that my sense of futility in dealing with obvious blockheads is has a very low threshhold. I've already spent too much of my precious time arguing with them.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>If his arguments are so ridiculous - which they are - we should be able to refute them without too much difficulty.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The problem with that line of reasoning is that his opinions are so obviously ridiculous that if he were capable and willing to see that he would have already done so without any prompting on anyone's part. People who spout that kind of vile tripe aren't looking for a rational argument; they are just looking for a chance to hurt someone. Period.

Michael

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Blenheim:

Please. Saying that kind of things is against the law in my country...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not to defend Infernal Pustulence (I find him an abhorrent fool), but I think what you are saying is even scarier than what he said. In my country, we allow people to express such silly ideas because we have learned that the most ridiculous ideas are generally dismissed or rejected by citizens in a public forum; banning the expression of these ideas only grants them the appearance of legitimacy (otherwise, why would the government be afraid to let people express them).

Something for a politician such as yourself to think about.

It makes me sick to see such hate! The only key to stop a person like this is LOVE!!!!!!!

(and if that doesn't work a .30 cal with about 1000rds should do nicely) This guy makes me sick to have any white blood....as if I don't have enough reasons already.

Sincerely(expecially the .30cal part smile.gif

Jake

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Maximus:

Not to look too deep into his thinking, but his first post of utter bull**** was anti-Liberal. Kinda makes you wonder what that says for the Conservative way of thinking, doesn't it?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

First, Dave, please watch your language.

Second, don't paint with such a broad brush. I realize all you are trying to do is provoke a flamewar here by making such a rude statement, but you and I both know it is unnecessary and inappropriate.

Steve

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Maximus:

Not to look too deep into his thinking, but his first post of utter bull**** was anti-Liberal. Kinda makes you wonder what that says for the Conservative way of thinking, doesn't it?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The "Conservative" way of thinking?

...because everyone to the right of the center is an anti-semite and a racist, or what?

Out of curiosity, what about Sen. Jeffords? I guess he's not a racist anymore now that he's left the GOP?

I'm amazed that a self-professed lefty such as yourself is still intolerant enough to believe that everyone on the right has one set of values. Believe me, I'm pretty much as left as you can get, and I can do without most of your values.