Damned German Gun

I am in the process of playing the 2nd scenario of the demo while waiting for THE GAME to get here. I have 2 platoons attempting to flank the town from our right flank. 1st platoon protects the left flank of the local advance while the 2nd platoon runs over the rise and into the trees just on the other side...then BOOM, we start taking fire from a German gun in the distance sheltered by trees. They are nailing us. I finally manage to get the 60mm mortar into position and start pounding that damn gun. Our advance has bogged down. ****, a pill-box. 105mm arty on that bad boy. The mortar manages to silence the gun and the 2nd platoon jumps the wall and runs for the nearby tree line. Just as I start to get into position to take out the damn pillbox, the German gun opens up again...we didn't kill the crew, only drove them to ground. Lost my 105mm spotter, lost my mortar. Saved the game just before sending in 1st platoon...have to think about that. The tanks and the 3rd and 5th platoons are about to launch a direct attack on the town with smoke screening our left and front line. Things are falling apart..........

This game rocks!!! When that German Gun(I still do not know what caliber it is...too far)opened up on us again, my eyes got big while I watched my troops get hit. Excellent game. Cheers to the makers of this surprising game! :D

*SPOILER ABOUT THAT GUN IN VALLEY OF TROUBLE*

IIRC it's a big 150mm infantry gun :eek:

!!DON'T TELL HIM ABOUT HIS NEXT BIG SURPRISE IN THIS DEMO SCENARIO!! :D:D

ps ~ Good to meet you Redmow. The full game is much better than the demo too.

[ 04-17-2001: Message edited by: Tiger ]

Glad to meet you Redmow. You haven't seen anything yet until you get the game. I've been playing it for 7-8 months almost every night and every time I get a chance on the weekends and still love it. Actually, if you have a life right now you might not want to get the game because you sure won't have one after getting it. Well, do what you want I warned you. See you around this forum . That's the other problem. If I'm not playing the game I'm on this forum. Some pretty cool people hang out here alot. :D

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BloodyBucket:

South African Wine?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You bet your ass, South African Wine. Its fantastic. I lived in Johannesburg for 4 years and guzzled it down and yelled for more every chance I got.

You don't hear a great deal about South African wine in mainstream USA, but much of it is really first rate.

In fact, I'm in search for the lowest Member # to play a PBEM game. If he/she wins, 6 bottles of good South African red/white will be on the way. Seriously.

Anyone lower than Member #10 will do. I assume these guys are the REAL GROGS :D

Any takers?

Kind regards

Charl Theron

WineCape,

The problem is that the numbers does not tell the relative maturity of the forum member.

Take me for example, I was already covered with a fine layer of dust as, for example, Madmatt found the forum, yet he has a lower number than me smile.gif

What happened was that at some point in time the member numbers where handed out to all members, in alphabetical order.

only after that point where they given in numerical order.

Your best bet is to look at the date they where registered, though some have had to reregister due to forum crashes.

As a third and last alternative you can simply ask prospective players to explain, in detail, the differences in tactical deployment of a Stellenbosch and a Sturmgeschütz smile.gif

M.

[ 04-18-2001: Message edited by: Mattias ]