MAGUA's terrain mods

Guest Space Thing

Guest Space Thing

I'm happily waiting, I have to admit. His work adds a lot to the CM experience.

Is there anyone else who'd like to cheer him along?

Guest ckoharik

[cheer]

Go MAGUA! Go MAGUA! Go MAGUA!

[/cheer]

I am definitely looking forward to some more high quality mods.

Guest Space Thing

Originally posted by Matt:

I've been away for too long. Where can I find these mods? Can anybody shoot me a link?

Thanks,

Matt

Matt,

This is where the terrain mods have been previewed and where they will end up when finished (I believe):

http://www.afv-uk.net/cmoutpost/Terrain/Magua/magua_terrain.htm

Right now, he has other really cool mods for buildings. (There are mods for doors and windows too.) They're low-res but look better than some high-res ones that I've seen IMHO.

Thanks for the interest guys!

I have not been able to continue with the mod lately due to RW work deadlines but I should be clear of this in a few more days and then I can return to the project. Most of the terrain is more or less in place, it just needs refining further. One change I may make though is to make the buildings lo-res (about 1/2 are hi-res at the moment). Lo-res are much quicker for me to put together and means I can access a much more useful variety of textures. These may loose some of the sharp detail of hi-res but I think they should turn out more realistic and natural looking. Also the file sizes will be much more "friendly".

Cheers

Guest Space Thing

Originally posted by Magua:

Thanks for the interest guys!

I have not been able to continue with the mod lately due to RW work deadlines but I should be clear of this in a few more days and then I can return to the project. Most of the terrain is more or less in place, it just needs refining further. One change I may make though is to make the buildings lo-res (about 1/2 are hi-res at the moment). Lo-res are much quicker for me to put together and means I can access a much more useful variety of textures. These may loose some of the sharp detail of hi-res but I think they should turn out more realistic and natural looking. Also the file sizes will be much more "friendly".

Cheers

GO MAGUA GO!!!!!!!!! smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

Thanks for the update buddy. smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

For textures like buildings that don't have transparent portions, creating a lo-res set from a hi-res set is actually pretty easy with most graphics programs. Textures with tranparent portions get tricky because you have to clean up the edges of the transparent regions to avoid "pink-itis".

Gordon

Magua, hi,

If Lo-res is easier for you then go for it. I am keen to use what ever you come up with. You really do know what you are doing and seeing a entire new building set from you would be huge fun.

Terrible thing the RW when it interferes with the CM world!

All the best,

Kip.

Guest Space Thing

Originally posted by Franko:

Well...where the heck are they??

Franko,

He's working on them -when he can. Hang in there buddy. MAGUA's explanation regarding his recent schedule is listed above in this very thread. smile.gif

Magua, will Sturmtruppen's hi-res building fit in with your new terrain mode?

It looks like they will since they have all a subdued color and I like to be able to read if the building I am facing is a school or the city hall ;)

Get a hi-res buildings too in the future: some of us are lucky enough to have all hi-res available around installed and still having a smooth playing.