Combat Mission back on E-bay!

No, I vote that it's a spouses orders. Get rid of the game or else.... We can, however, blame him for making the wrong choice! hehe.... This sort of spousal pressure has been happening quite a bit as of late. I know through first hand knowledge of two such cases.

------------------

All CM All the time!

The Dogs of War CM Club

http://members.tripod.com/johnnocmdow/

hey bigmac, I'm one of those cases. my wife can't understand how I can sit for 8 or so hours and play. I said "think of it as if I were on a golf league or bowling league. I would be gone at least that much 1-2 times a week. she still don't get it.

my god. Why would someone pay $56.

BTS should post a dutch auction on there with like a quantity of 100 and a price of $45 + 8 shipping.

That way these people that have no idea where to get it could find it on ebay. Plus they could take Paypal or something and send em out faster. Not that they haven't sold out of em all before.

B

Well I am one of the suckers who bought it on Ebay (I only paid $2 more than from Battlefront). I originally ordered it on Feb. 9th from Battlefront and didn't hear anything from them until this week. So needless to say desperation set in and I had to do something......... Now I may end up with a second copy - Ebay anyone?

------------------

Gengisjon

I bought my copy (an original with manual) over E-Bay too, around Feb. 2, when BTS was out of stock. Would have preferred to get it from BTS, but they need to make sure they keep enough stock on hand.

BTW I paid about $2 or $3 more than from BTS, too. Seller said it wasn't exciting enough for him. What a dolt!

MrSpkr

------------------

But we're saying goodbye to them all

We're Harry's police force on call!

So put back your pack on

The next stop is Saigon

Don't bless the few bless 'em all!

This is a good example of why I never buy from eBay any more. There are far too many idiots that jack the bids up past what you could just buy a brand new item for. Look at computer components especially. Find hardware on eBay that has sold and then look it up at a site like pricewatch.com and have a good laugh.

------------------

Craiger

All your victory flag are belong to me

Originally posted by Subvet:

This is a good example of why I never buy from eBay any more. There are far too many idiots that jack the bids up past what you could just buy a brand new item for. Look at computer components especially. Find hardware on eBay that has sold and then look it up at a site like pricewatch.com and have a good laugh.

Hey, I would have liked to, but its not like I had many choices. I STRONGLY hinted to my wife that I wanted this game - instead I got an authorized biography of Ronald Reagan. I enjoy it (I love Ron!), but CM would have been better. When I decided to buy it from the company myself (in mid January), they indicated it would be out of stock until the end of Feb. I wasn't willing to wait, so I snagged one on E-Bay. I paid a little more, but hey -- I didn't have to wait (and what's the difference when you play the game anyway? It doesn't get poorer gas milage, it doesn't need a new paint job, it doesn't need the a/c fixed, and it doesn't blow black smoke out of its tailpipe)?

Sorry - just a bit defensive tonight. redface.gif

MrSpkr

------------------

So put back your pack on

The next stop is Saigon

[This message has been edited by MrSpkr (edited 03-29-2001).]

Woah, hold on there MrSpkr. Actually I wasn't replying to you specifically. In fact I was directing it more to Canuck than anyone. I was just commenting on how, in general, people tend to bid items over their retail price. As to your specific case: I'm certainly not trying to imply that you did the wrong thing. If an item is up for bid that you can't buy retail or that you can get at a discount then by all means bid away.

------------------

Craiger

All your victory flag are belong to me

Originally posted by jmac:

hey bigmac, I'm one of those cases. my wife can't understand how I can sit for 8 or so hours and play. I said "think of it as if I were on a golf league or bowling league. I would be gone at least that much 1-2 times a week. she still don't get it.

What you need to do is start making mods or scenarios, or start up a CM website. You won't have as much time for CM, so the wife is happy. And yet you'll still be working with/for CM, so you'll be happy.

Now if I can only find a way to get paid for running a CM website... besides clicking on my own banner ads. smile.gif BTS, maybe a subsidy for webmasters? smile.gif

------------------

The Last Defense- Made any scenarios? Send them here!

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

Originally posted by Ales Dvorak:

Hmmmmm this red face?

Is this your wife?

Yeah - That's my wife after I come home from work, eat supper, then sit down to play CM for a few hours.

wink.gif

MrSpkr

P.S. No offence taken Subvet - it was a tough day yesterday.

------------------

So put back your pack on

The next stop is Saigon

[This message has been edited by MrSpkr (edited 03-30-2001).]