Will Brummbars Or Sturmtigers Be In CMBB?

First of all, are these the only Sturmpanzers not in CM?

Will these two be in the sequel? I know that not very many Sturmtigers were made but I think it was 166 Brummbars were put in production which might make it worthwhile to include in CMBB. This would be a great unit to have against those Russkies.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Crash-Neptune:

And I've heard that the Sturmtiger will have a :eek: 10 :eek: Minute reload time! :eek: <hr></blockquote>

Good. And I hope they are expensive as hell, otherwise some guys will get cute and have them all over the battlefield.

Michael

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by JAK:

I knew that the Brummbar was in the lineup for CM:BB, but I hadn't heard about the Sturmmorser (Tiger). Is it really in or is this just a really good dream?

<hr></blockquote>

See Charles' response in the interview at Gamespot.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Mattias wrote:

But will the StuIG 33B be included one wonders? <hr></blockquote>

Don't know yet. I hope to see as many of the 15cm sIG33 guns on different chassis as possible (various 38t as well as PzI and PzII versions). A list of possible units I've seen mentioned is in the M16 in CMBB thread.

- Chris

[ 10-28-2001: Message edited by: Wolfe ]</p>

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Gen-x87H:

Brumbars, are those the Tiger equivalent of the SturmPanther?

And I just want to make sure the Ferdinands are going to be included.

Gen<hr></blockquote>

Here's what they look like.

sp4_4.jpg

This the late production version with MG mounted on the front glacis. Same gun it appears as your Sturmpanther. It's also a command variant. The StuIG33 was built on a Pz III chassis and looked fairly similar but only around a dozen were made. They were all lost at Stalingrad. The first operational sturmpanzer battalion (Sturmpanzer Abeitlung 216) was paired with the two Elefant battalions at Kursk, to form Schwere Panzerjaeger Regiment/Brigade 656.

Edited to add armor data.

Front Superstructure: 100mm @ 40 degrees.

Front Hull: 80 @ 12.

Side Super: 50 @ 15.

The rest can be punched through by anything so I'm not going to waste the space.

[ 10-28-2001: Message edited by: panzerwerfer42 ]</p>

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Panzer Leader:

Wait a minute, I thought the brumbarr was off a PzIV chassis, after all, in that pic there are EIGHT roadwheels...<hr></blockquote>

That is Pz IV chassis. The III had 3 PAIRS of roadwheels with 3 return rollers. The IV had IV PAIRS with 4 return rollers.