Buying CM2 because......

I'm buying CMBB because it is being designed, written and tested on a MAC!!

(of course it won't run under Mac OSX, because of that stinking RAVE issue, but I'm buying it anyway because I KNOW it will run great on OS 9.1!!)

-tom w

[ 10-28-2001: Message edited by: aka_tom_w ]</p>

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr> Buy a Mac...with system 9 then you wont have any trouble. Or just Run CM in an older Windows OS is that so hard to do? <hr></blockquote>

Not entirely true. CM will not appear quite right on GeForce cards on the Mac, regardless of OS.

Gyrene

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Linda WarChest:

Problem 1:

Combat Mission 1 and 2 will not work under Windows XP if you have a Nividia video card.

Therefore, you have this configuration do not buy Combat Mission 2...IT WON'T WORK !!

Bye<hr></blockquote>

Read some of your earlier posts "blaming" BTS for CMBO not running properly on XP. I think you'll find that a lot of people are having problems with many different programs/games running Nvidia cards with XP. Take a look around some XP forums and you will see that Nvidia cards are almost exclusively the only card that people are having major problems with. Time for Nvidia to fix or do somefink.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Gyrene:

Not entirely true. CM will not appear quite right on GeForce cards on the Mac, regardless of OS.<hr></blockquote>

True, however I can live for a while without a sky if otherwise I get better graphics. But I'm still thinking about that Radeon...or whatever has come down the road by the time I really get the itch.

Michael

I get some minor glitches with XP and a TNT2, but it's only been since I downloaded the latest NVIDIA drivers. It's certainly nothing that affects gameplay, it's just really annoying to change the end number of a PBEM turn because the box is changed to black which nicely comliments the black text.

Linda Warchest,

Don't buy CM2, CM1, CM99, etc. Down load the right video drivers & chill out. It is your fault for using a late beta OS (Windows XP), not BTS's.

If you were prudent, you would have purchased XP after the initial bugs were worked out. But guess what, you are 'now' a Microsoft beta tester. You should be pleased.

BTS & CM existed long before XP was released. You should have checked to make sure that your OS was compatible with your programs. Don't blame BTS & CM for your lack of prudence.

Richard :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Linda,

It is nice that you came to tell BTS that Nvidia's crappy video drivers don't work with CM and Windows XP. But you've got a pretty pissy way of saying it.

My guess is Nvidia will fix the bugs in their drivers and then the CRIME you are bitching about will be fixed.. without BTS doing a thing. How many times to we have to tell you

IT'S THE VIDEO DRIVERS YOU IDIOT, NOT THE GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your last post was right. If NVIDIA doesn't do anything about their drivers, then neiter CM1 or CM2 will work. But that's NVIDIA'S fault, not BTS.

If NVIDIA does not fix the driver issues, BTS may modify the game to work around poor video card drivers. And then I hope you play both CM1 and CM2 and are much happier than you appear to be right now. You are acting very ignorant right now.

Xp has nothing to do with the crashes, its all to do with the 3d card drivers which have been just realeased.

I know the problem u speak of as i have an xp chipset Athlon 1.8, with xp and a GF2.

I get the prob.

Be patient and it will sort it self out.

Buying the best and latest gears can have it problems. However i must say the graphics card issue is the only problem i have had.The whole system i have is very stable and im most impressed.

As for the comment regarding beta testing for windows, ive found windows to not give a **** when it comes to fixing problems.

I personally find myself a beta tester for around 50% of games i buy which is why im very careful purchasing games especially after WW2 online. GOT RIPPED!!! BIG TIME

BTS is very good on the other hand fixing the probs that were inherinent in CM1 very promptly and not ripping us off.

ah i see i am not the only guinea pig that beta tested world war 2 online for 50 bucks. i hear the game was finaly patched as to work how it was advertised, too bad i got so sick of paying 50 bucks to beta test their game to even want to play it now, yeah that was a rip, i am running windows 98se, with a geforce2mx 64mb video card, and the game runs perfect. when a new windows comes out. i like to wait for not one but a few good reviews before i buy into purchasing whatever upgarde i may be looking into, just because some rep at dell tells me their computers rock, does not make me buy into it

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Panzerman:

I all buy it becuase...is the Eastern Front the largest theater (one land) of war ever in the 20th century.<hr></blockquote>that was the largest conflict in the history of the planet, unless their was some huge dinosaur war that pitted the country of Stegasormania vs T-rexica, wich turned into a prehistoric world war that spread across the planet like an insect palque leaving the warring dinosaurs extinct from years of unrelenting fighting?

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Linda WarChest:

Problem 1:

Combat Mission 1 and 2 will not work under Windows XP if you have a Nividia video card.

Therefore, you have this configuration do not buy Combat Mission 2...IT WON'T WORK !!

Bye<hr></blockquote>

Huh...that's intersting because I have WInXP and a Geforce3 and guess what? I just got done playing Fear in the Fog and it was great...Maybe it's your config and not CM???