Renewing CM interest

There most certainly is. There are Scipio's sound mods, Magua's or Panzertruppens building mods, some really nice hi-res grass and tree mods, some gorgeous sky mods, and there are online clubs to join.

Now, where to find all these? Start with CMHQ and work the CM web ring sites.

Oh, and welcome back.

Dear Rocket,

A number of players are using Franko's Iron Man Rules. They eliminate the eye of god feature for those who think that capability is cheating. It also enhances the Fog of War by allowing play only from ground levels 1 and 2 plus only allowing viewing from the position of your own forces. There are a number of other rules and exceptions.

Honorable Toad

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Louie the Toad:

Dear Rocket,

A number of players are using Franko's Iron Man Rules. They eliminate the eye of god feature for those who think that capability is cheating. It also enhances the Fog of War by allowing play only from ground levels 1 and 2 plus only allowing viewing from the position of your own forces. There are a number of other rules and exceptions.

Honorable Toad<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And how would you possibly enforce those kinds of rules? Lemme guess, you have to self-police yourself...

[ 07-17-2001: Message edited by: Colonel_Deadmarsh ]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Farnz:

10 months!!!!

Don't tell me that, I've got one due in weeks. smile.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I had this crazy notion that if I had to get up for 4 ayem feedings or something that I could play a few turns of CM and feed the kid a bottle at the same time. Is that crazy?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Farnz:

Now you mention it Terence if I'm in London and its 4 am, its between 8 and 11 in the states i could PBEM stateside...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ill see your PBEM and Ill raise you a TCP/IP. But you have to give me a couple months.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Louie the Toad:

Dear Rocket,

Honorable Toad<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Where can I find Franco's rules? They sound interesting.

rv

I have a 7 month old and my CM playing has gone from juggling about 4-8 PBMs and the odd IP game, to ....

Zero games. I'm trying to finish a few games that got dropped right after he was born, but those little munchkins take so much time. I can't believe it.

Scott

Surely ther must be some kind of support group, a CMBO creche..., in 7 months CM2 will be out, christ what if we have another? By the time I've got time it'll be CM7 in bloody China or something and I'll still be using Shermans. I'm going to bed. Noooooo thats how it all started.....

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by karch:

I have a 7 month old and my CM playing has gone from juggling about 4-8 PBMs and the odd IP game, to ....

Zero games. I'm trying to finish a few games that got dropped right after he was born, but those little munchkins take so much time. I can't believe it.

Scott<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ha! Try 3! A 5 year old, a 2 and a 1. Talk aobut no time!

I do a pbem turn here and their during the day ( I work nights). But my 1 year old sees me on the pc and now he wants to try. Every chance he gets he climbs the chair and hammers the keyboard and moves the mouse. When I see him and hurry over he hammers faster and points the the screen.

rv

[ 07-17-2001: Message edited by: rvalle ]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>I had this crazy notion that if I had to get up for 4 ayem feedings or something that I could play a few turns of CM and feed the kid a bottle at the same time. Is that crazy?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nope. When mine were smaller, I learned real fast how to handle the bottle, baby, and mouse. You can do it. smile.gif

Preacher

[ 07-18-2001: Message edited by: Preacher ]

LOL! What a scary conversation. I am SO relieved my GF (of 5 years) vomits more loudly and theatrically than I do whenever some moistened bint with a pair of sprogs under her arms says "So when are you two going to have kiddiwinks then?".

*shudder*

I need a beer.

I just met a friend of my brother's who told me he has twins on the way. They will be his first children. He does not feel that they will cause any lifestyle changes on his part. He is in an interesting state of denial. I did not try to burst his bubble.

Just before my boy was born I was heavily into CM and enjoying every minute of it. After he was born I would sneak up stairs and play a turn and then come back down to hang with the family and ponder my next move, then back up stairs I went to play another move.

But this didn't work out too well because I'd spend an hour issueing commands and looking over the battlefield. Eventually I gave up, those munchkins certainly take ALOT of time!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Soddball:

I am SO relieved my GF (of 5 years) vomits more loudly and theatrically than I do whenever some moistened bint with a pair of sprogs under her arms says "So when are you two going to have kiddiwinks then?"

.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Does she lob a scimitar at you, this moistened bint of whom you speak? And how is she moistened exactly? From lying in ponds, distributing swords? And is that a basis for a system of government?

...Personally I thought we were an autonomous collective.....

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>I just met a friend of my brother's who told me he has twins on the way. They will be his first children. He does not feel that they will cause any lifestyle changes on his part<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sometimes I wonder what in the world people are thinking. He will have forgotten who he was after about 2 months smile.gif

Caveat: Children are the most wonderful thing in the world, imho. Wouldn't trade them for anything. Even CM pales in comparison to the joy they bring.

smile.gif

Preacher

OK

Try a 15 year old daughter who uses the computer to IM (instant message) 3 different people at the same time for around an hour. When someone leaves another shows up and the whole thing starts again. If I am lucky I get about 1/2 hour to check e-mails and this group. But I do usually get 1-2 hours on Sat to try a play (if something doesn't come up).

Believe me it does not get any easier when your kids grow up. They usually end up think the computer is theirs and let you have it once in a while.

Eric

Thats the problem with kids (I have 4 by the way 7,5,2,0.5). When they are little they consume your time, as they get older they consume computer time. I currently get a balanced mixture of both, hence my abscence for the last few months.