Axis surender, Axis Minor Victory ?

edgars

That would be what one could call an "empty victory" for the Allies.

The Axis may have surrendered but before they did they took out a 1:1 ratio of infantry and 6 vehs. I will assume those vehs are tanks and if they are expensive the points for them are going to outweigh the flags and captured losses on the German side.

In short the Germans may have surrenderd but they gave the Allies such a bloody nose that by the time they put up their hands, there probably weren't enough Allies around to take em prisoner.

Question, was it an auto-surrender or voluntary by the player. If it was voluntary, I would say he/she jumped the gun and should have fought on.

[ 09-26-2001: Message edited by: The_Capt ]

I was under impression that no matter what happens on the map, if you surrender - you loose.

It was small scenario i was "playtesting" as Axis, and when i decided it was it for Germans, i surrendered (I had one badly chewed up/partly broken platoon left and Allies had 3 Sherms + Stuart and about Platoon or more of infantry).

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Porajkl:

I have a strange feeling... Fonts in that picture are just not right... Seems like a fake AAR to me. :rolleyes:<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe it's because you have PC and this AAR is from Mac (i'm an art director, and believe me, if i wanted to make a fake AAR, i would have done it right).

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> [...] no matter what happens on the map, if you surrender - you loose. [...]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I found out that this (my) statement is wrong. If you beat your opponent very bad, you can surrender and still get the victory.

It's clear for me now, getleman, thanks for your time,

[ 09-26-2001: Message edited by: ciks ]

You get that when the losses of the victory are so high that they outweigth the flags plus the surrendered force's losses.

Example:

400 points in flags (1 big flag, 1 small)

The surrenderer had a force of 1000, the flag-owner had 2000. The surrenderer lost 850 points of units and 75 more are captured due to the surrender. The flag-owner lost units worth 1500 points.

Result: 1325:1500 points in favour of the guy who surrendered.

This is usually the result of too few flags in a scenario. There should always be flags worth at least 50% of the bigger force. Unfortunately that is not true for CMBO quickbattle MEs.

[ 09-26-2001: Message edited by: redwolf ]