unusual CM kills

Anyone ever get a double kill? i.e.

AT gun fires AP round that goes through the first vehicle and takes out the one behind it. Or the ensuing explosing from one vehicle takes out a softskinned beside it?

I had My Sharpshooter take out another Sharpshooter. Thought it was kinda funny.

------------------

"If you're in a war, instead of throwing a hand grenade at the enemy, throw one of those small pumpkins. Maybe it'll make everyone think how stupid war is, and while they are thinking, you can throw a real grenade at them." - Jack Handey

Check out the Dogs of War CM Players Community

Originally posted by joeski:

I had My Sharpshooter take out another Sharpshooter. Thought it was kinda funny.

If it was at less then 100 meters, then it was a real unusual kill.

------------------

Cos

I once targeted a sherman using a shreck. It missed, but the building behind the sherman got hit and collapsed.

------------------

Gilthoniel A Elbereth!

A Elbereth Gilthoniel

o menel palan-diriel,

le nallon sí di'nguruthos!

A tiro nin, Fanuilos!

Well, look at the following kill list of a Hetzer:

hetzer.jpg

Five tanks with 17 lbr guns destroyed in a single battle... Those tanks fired at least a total of 15 shots at it, with three ricocheting hits and one miss from 98 meters.

- Tommi

Originally posted by coe:

AT gun fires AP round that goes through the first vehicle and takes out the one behind it. Or the ensuing explosing from one vehicle takes out a softskinned beside it?

Actually, I've tested this out, and found that exploding vehicles don't do any damage to nearby units. If you have inf riding on/in vehicles that explode, however, you can expect about 50% casualties.

To test this, I put a few platoons of inf near some cromwells, and targeted the croms with 88s. About half brewed up, but none of the infantry got killed, or even alerted.

------------------

The Last Defense- Made any scenarios? Send them here!

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

Originally posted by coe:

cannot happen in CMBO's game engine with the predetermined hits.

unless it's a blast kill.

------------------

"OK, I stand corrected, but that still doesn't sound effective as the Germans still did lose the war." (Maximus)

Originally posted by Wolfe:

Had a Rifle 45 infantry squad kill a 20mm FlaK tractor yesterday at 346m. Catastrophic explosion, too (musta hit the gas tank). Though the crew didn't even suffer a single casualty. frown.gif

This was possibly a rifle grenade. I've seen a couple of open top vehicles taken out by these. It took me a while to figure out who got the kill but the only possibility was a rifle squad that had rifle grenades.

I've also seen a Rifle squad take out a Panther with a rifle grenade at point blank range. rear penetration. (uh, that sounds kind of dirty)

Rifle Gernades don't fire that far. Do they? I've fired at Flak vehicles with infantry, and had them abandon the vehicle, with crew casulities.

------------------

"If you're in a war, instead of throwing a hand grenade at the enemy, throw one of those small pumpkins. Maybe it'll make everyone think how stupid war is, and while they are thinking, you can throw a real grenade at them." - Jack Handey

Check out the Dogs of War CM Players Community

[This message has been edited by joeski (edited 04-02-2001).]

Originally posted by Pak40:

Yea, 300+ meters seems a tad too far for a rifle grenade.

Yep, they don't seem to fire at more than 55m. Atleast I haven't seen any fly at 60m or more.

What was cool was the Inf squad, after killing the Flak tractor shouted "Yeah, got him!". cool.gif It was about time, too. That Flak tractor had absorbed fire for 4 turns from a Hellcat, a Sherm-75, and a Sherm-76. The FlaK took out the Hellcat, and damaged the gun on the Sherm-75. frown.gif My tanks had IDed the vehicle as some sort of FlaK AFV, not a tractor with Flak, and so they fired AP shells at it instead of HE. Which (if you check a couple of other active threads on killing SdKfz's), isn't gonna help much. smile.gif

- Chris

[This message has been edited by Wolfe (edited 04-02-2001).]

Guest AggroMann

I had a Zook go through the upper turret armor of one of my Lynx' and out the back exploding about 4 M away from my second Lynx!

1 crewman died. Musta been the commander..

------------------

AGGRO-MANN

not strange at all for a squad to take out a jeep or truck at those ranges. The BAR and LMG could easily do the job. Plus there was the availability of armor piercing bullets that could co through an engine block at those ranges.

I did have a zook take out 2 Panthers in one turn once. 2 shots 2 kills not thats good shootin.

------

"phhhhfffffft" Bill the Cat

Actually with any of the bolt action rifles of that era it is really easy to take a soft skinned vehicle like a flak truck or jeep out at ranges of 200+ meters or more depending on the skill of the shooter. One bullet through the radiator or just a FMJ through the block will suffice to stop it.