Boots N' Tracks - "Back in Business!"

Sometimes we get down, but never out! It is so good to be on this forum again! I hope all of you are surviving the war. Now for some news.

We have reopened our Boots N' Tracks site under the direction of Kevin Kinscherf as of now. New scenarios and much more.

It will be good to be, as Sgt Horvath said, "Back in business!"

http://www.militarygamer.net/combatmission/

Wow! The legend himself. I have played a couple of your scenarios, but never seen you post (unless I'm doing a search). You do really nice stuff. I look forward to seeing what comes next.

Welcome back, Wild Bill!

Kingfish and I are hacking our way through your masterpiece, "To the Last Man." We're almost halfway through, and the tension has me climbing the walls. Even with reinforcements the tactical demands seem to always outpace

available resources, especially infantry, and as the attacker I keep getting the distinct feeling that I'm outnumbered. Germans seem to be popping up like the proverbial mushrooms, and my head's about to split under the strain from trying to solve the knotty problems which seem to be everywhere I move.

A certain heavily armed but relatively unskilled individual did absolutely stellar work a few turns back, to Kingfish's dismay and relief. Dismay because the guy really dished out the pain. Relief because that pain is no longer a dark cloud over everything he plans to do.

Your scenario is amazing, the map gorgeous, and the thrills unending. I really feel sorry

for the original participants. What a meatgrinder!

Gratefully,

John Kettler

Wow! What a bloodbath, John! To the Last Man is really just that! In reading about the German defenses, I was impressed at how long they held out even as the Allies advanced, flowing all around them.

I'm glad you are enjoying it. I love this one.

And to Dean and so many others, I am greatful. I feel like I am back in family :D

I'm working on a new one for you and there is more to come!

Wild Bill

I'd just like to add my voice to the throng...your scenarios are consistently of the highest quality, Wild Bill! I love 'em!

I also marvel at your ability to balance sides while maintaining interesting, varied force mixes AND historical flavor. Plus the tension, my gosh, the tension is almost alive!

My one complaint: My opponent captured Corporal Merli at Bruyeres!! I thought he was supposed to play dead and then pop up for some cheap kills?! (It's OK, though, I still secured a tactical victory)

My one question: Approximately how many hours, and over how many sittings, does it take you to create a medium-sized scenario?

Thanks again! smile.gif

Thanks fellas. We are very enthused about this. Kevin Kinscherf is the CM Team Leader for the Raiders and he is doing a fantastic job.

Nice little group of guys, including Rune, SuperTed Quincey, Brian Rock, Massimo Rocca, and of course, the old Colonel standing by :D

Binkie, I think the Germans read the intro text and were looking for the poor Corporal :eek:

I plan carefully my scenarios. It more or less breaks down as follows:

Research-Planning 2-4 hours

Setup-Map Making 3-5 hours

Picking-Deploying Units 2-3 Hours

Personal Play testing (depending here on size and length of scenario) 6-12 hours

As an average, I spend around 20 hours preparing and doing preliminary testing for a medium sized scenario.

Then there is a total investment of tester time of another 10-20 hours before we turn it loose.

I'm probably a little slower than some, but I prefer moving at a more relaxed pace. I make less mistakes that way.

"Planning" includes my thinking my way through just how I can portray a particular battle in CM format.

Hope this helps...

[ 05-07-2001: Message edited by: Wild Bill Wilder ]