Concrete bunker mod part 2

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mrcobbler:

Tanks, that final version is a great look.

I still can't find it at any of the sites yet.

Who will get it, and when?......

Thanks.

Shoeman<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks. It actually isn't the final version. I improved the stair stepping and removed the poster. I sent it to The Last Defense yesterday, but 109 Gustav may be having trouble with his e-mail.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by John Kettler:

Tanks a Lot,

Please post a picture of the latest design iteration. Am intensely curious!

Thanks!

John Kettler<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I tried to deepen the look of the embrasure and increased the shadowing of the upper stairstepping.

I can't seem to get in touch with 109 Gustav. I don't know if he ever received my mod.

new%20step.jpg

Tanks a Lot,

Keep this up and you'll be working for KwazyDog! I'm sure it took hours to make all the requested improvements, but you have every right to pat yourself vigorously on the back. The improvements are dramatic.

Would it be possible to pull the point of view out some, that we might see what this looks like in a tactical environment, rather than being practically in the firing slit? Whether you can do this or not, congratulations!

Sincerely,

John Kettler

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by John Kettler:

Tanks a Lot,

Keep this up and you'll be working for KwazyDog! I'm sure it took hours to make all the requested improvements, but you have every right to pat yourself vigorously on the back. The improvements are dramatic.

Would it be possible to pull the point of view out some, that we might see what this looks like in a tactical environment, rather than being practically in the firing slit? Whether you can do this or not, congratulations!

Sincerely,

John Kettler<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks again John.

I think it's improved because of suggestions from you and others. Thanks for the help and nice comments.

above.jpg

Danvnuk,

I don't understand what sh*t happens, I just tried the link under IE5.5 and it's okay :confused: :confused:

But other people complained, so I'll ask my ISP...

What browser do you use ? Have any special dload software (DAP, Gozilla, SmartDL...) ???

Anyway I'll send it to you via email this evening (in Europe).

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Pascal DI FOLCO:

Danvnuk,

I don't understand what sh*t happens, I just tried the link under IE5.5 and it's okay :confused: :confused:

But other people complained, so I'll ask my ISP...

What browser do you use ? Have any special dload software (DAP, Gozilla, SmartDL...) ???

Anyway I'll send it to you via email this evening (in Europe).<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Pascal,

using IE 5.5 tried the link normally, and then when it failed with GetRight, Still no joy. First time I have come across this problem.

I have mailed you my home mail address.

Thanks a lot in advance, your a gent.

:D

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Richard Morgan:

I went to the Last Defence site and couldn't find the pillbox mod. I was redirected to Combat Missions and it wasn't there either (although a very good wooden bunker mod was).

Could you PLEEEEESE email it direct to me at richard@boatbrentonian.freeserve.co.uk

Cheers,

Richard<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Here is the link.

Concrete bunkers

...gee folks, ya'll reckon this guy knows how to convincingly render concrete?

slick, tanksalot.

...would you consider applying your skills toward the paved road .bmp's? seeing as both you and juju have heightened the quality of the pavement, as well as the heavy, stone structures, the current road textures have a rather limp-wristed air...

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Peter Panzer:

slick, tanksalot.

...would you consider applying your skills toward the paved road .bmp's? seeing as both you and juju have heightened the quality of the pavement, as well as the heavy, stone structures, the current road textures have a rather limp-wristed air...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm currently "winterizing" my large buildings. Maybe after that.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Peter Panzer:

slick, tanksalot.

...would you consider applying your skills toward the paved road .bmp's? seeing as both you and juju have heightened the quality of the pavement, as well as the heavy, stone structures, the current road textures have a rather limp-wristed air...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did you ever grab Pud's roads. They are very nice. Find them

here.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>I'm currently "winterizing" my large buildings.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

...that sounds tasty as well.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Did you ever grab Pud's roads.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

...yes, thanks for the heads-up. a cut above the stock versions to be sure, however they fail to cater to my fussy, indulgent predilections - especially when one takes a gander at what is currently coming out of the works. in terms of concrete/pavement/stone, tanksalot and juju have raised the bar considerably...

• 5 weeks later...

For those of you into pillboxes I have just been given a site that will give you heaps of designs to look at.

After our meeting in London Justin posted this site to me.

Take A look, I hope some modders can use it to effect.

A GREAT SITE.

http://www.britarch.ac.uk/projects/dob/month.html

Just found this with a neat drawing of a spigot mortar which I had heard of but never seen.

http://www.worcestershire.gov.uk/home/index/cs-index/cs-archeo/cs-archeo-surv-defence-bombard.htm

H

[ 11-18-2001: Message edited by: Holien ]</p>