Dorosh is God: The Need to Vent

I think the spiralling discussion where many people noted Mr. Dorosh, Grog of Grogs, used humor for the first time ever (and took off that damn green suit of his) is an interesting social artifact of recent events. With flame crews flaming, and discussion breaking down, many people just want a place where they can go and insult each other in a friendly way without rancor or hatred. They also want to challenge each other to games at the same time.

There is the Peng Thread of course, but the Peng thread is a special institution with 20000 arbitrary rules, and its own special culure of abuse and cast of characters. Now long may the Peng Challenge Thread live and rule, but there is a need for a different bar in town for the other folks who want to belong, but cannot pay the price for Pengish admission.

I would liek to suggest that a new thread be opened aimed at private flame weary travellers a relief from a hard day defending the boundaries of groginess, and that this thread be transplanted to the General Forum. I further suggest that this be called the Dorosh thread, and that it operate much the same as the Peng thread, minus the high entry fee, bribed waiters, dolts, and sycophants. It would be a "Cotton Club" to the the Peng Thread's "Johnny Rockaway's Private Disco Lounge". A more relaxing place of insult and comraderie for the other guy, the embattled Grog.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Soddball:

Does it allow NotGrogs like me who are just asking for a kicking across the battlefields of Normandy to hurl abuse at their social inferiors, or do I have to hang around outside the local primary school to find someone short enough to challenge?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why the hell not. No rules, only right!!! At least flamers are left at the foor, or are shown it feet first.

Of course calling Dorosh a turd does not count.

Good. Just so long as I am allowed to mock people for their singular lack of intelligence and belief that discussion of the GKz-212a optics pack on the early PanzerPantyWester K/42h is even remotely important or socially acceptable. Oh, and when do we start?

And edited because I bloody well wanted to. So.

[ 10-03-2001: Message edited by: Soddball ]

Yes! A D-roach thread! Excellent! I think I also saw ol' Mike D. crack a joke a while back, but I could be mistaken...It might have been that other well regarded Mike: Mr. Emrys.

Although I refute the notion of God being Canadian, I think this thread has a future.

Until the gang of Aussies lock it up. ;)

Gyrene

I once spent a summer in Perth, too hot if ya ask me. Nice people though...

BTW what is the max effective range at a point target on the Ma-duece? What about at a area target, and what is the specs for head space and timing?

***I like to edit***

[ 10-03-2001: Message edited by: Tread Head ]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Slapdragon:

Heck, how do you think we reward the Canadians and the Norwegians. 'Cept, after the Norwegians been at em, no self respecting Canadian will touch em.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sheeps, bah! We kill whales just for the fun of it!

I deeply and sincerely apologize to the members of the Outer Board for having to see my name used in this context.

I think Mace is far more deserving of having an entire thread named after him.

Nonetheless, Slapdragon, you malingering, malodorous runt - I sent you a setup about 9 months ago - will the intent of your Anti-Peng Thread Crusade be to start games that no one ever plays?

If that is the case, you are one up on everyone...

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

I deeply and sincerely apologize to the members of the Outer Board for having to see my name used in this context.

I think Mace is far more deserving of having an entire thread named after him.

Nonetheless, Slapdragon, you malingering, malodorous runt - I sent you a setup about 9 months ago - will the intent of your Anti-Peng Thread Crusade be to start games that no one ever plays?

If that is the case, you are one up on everyone...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, i was in the hospitol with tubes up my nose then, please send it again oh GOD of the nonPeng outer club wilderness.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Terence:

Wankers.

(Edited to correct mistakes in grammar, sentence structure, punctuation and spelling.)

[ 10-03-2001: Message edited by: Terence ]

[ 10-03-2001: Message edited by: Terence ]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And by the "edit record," it took you three times to spell "wanker" correctly? Tch tch tch.

PATHETIC. Really.

You still staying up with weightlifting, though, Terence?

(PS to Slap: I'll e-mail tonight.)

[ 10-03-2001: Message edited by: Spook ]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Spook:

And by the "edit record," it took you three times to spell "wanker" correctly? Tch tch tch.

You still staying up with weightlifting, though, Terence?

[ 10-03-2001: Message edited by: Spook ]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats just the type of shy self-deprecating humor I've become famous for on the board.

To answer your question, though, yes, I do lift the weights. I've been at it since I was 16 (am now 31) but only weigh about 165 pounds.

So its pretty clear that I've been doing something wrong.

Not sure what that could be, really. I eat right, get enough sleep, vary my workouts, get really sore, yet don't overtrain. Ive tried creatine, but that doesn't really seem to help.

Its a source of continual frustration for me, and since ive bored everyone I know in meatspace about it, I figured I'd start in on you guys.

Any weightlifters out there have some good advice?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Terence:

Thats just the type of shy self-deprecating humor I've become famous for on the board.

To answer your question, though, yes, I do lift the weights. I've been at it since I was 16 (am now 31) but only weigh about 165 pounds.

So its pretty clear that I've been doing something wrong.

Not sure what that could be, really. I eat right, get enough sleep, vary my workouts, get really sore, yet don't overtrain. Ive tried creatine, but that doesn't really seem to help.

Its a source of continual frustration for me, and since ive bored everyone I know in meatspace about it, I figured I'd start in on you guys.

Any weightlifters out there have some good advice?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, look at the bar you are using. At the ends, there should be some circular items with numbers on them. Probably, there is not. Grab a few, and put them on each end of the bar, making sure that you have the same amount on each side. In a few weeks, add another little one. Thereafter increase the size and number of the round things until you start to gain some mass.