A New(bie) Age Begins!

So our forces are going to be pre purchased? Intersting! This will be a short lived experience for many of us newbs then, finding out that unit x sucks vs unit y for the first time smile.gif

The comp starts Saturday... YOUR time smile.gif Sunday for me smile.gif

I am amazed at the number of newbs this game has, even after being released so along ago. When I load CMBO up at LANs I always get people looking over my shoulder going "wow whats that?" 'Tis a shame CMOB does not get the publicity it deserves

:(

Let the newbfest begin!

[ 12-03-2001: Message edited by: Sir Uber General ]</p>

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. You're doing force allocation and everything. . . This is definitely a full-service establishment. Do I get a free tournament patch with my entry fee, too?? tongue.gif

Your solution to eliminate (or at least mitigate) gaminess is simple and therefore elegant. You da man. If you're ever in NYC, I'll buy you a beer (this is about all the bribe I can afford. . .).

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Sir Uber General:

So our forces are going to be pre purchased? Intersting! This will be a short lived experience for many of us newbs then, finding out that unit x sucks vs unit y for the first time smile.gif

<hr></blockquote>

SUG,

That really should not be a problem either. The scenarios are not going to be monstrous slug-fests. They'll be mostly tiny-small, so players should be confident that what they have will most likely be effective against what the enemy has.

The comp starts Saturday... YOUR time smile.gif Sunday for me smile.gif

<hr></blockquote>

Then, please let me know how things go. That way I can correct any mistakes before they happen HERE. :D

I am amazed at the number of newbs this game has, even after being released so along ago. When I load CMBO up at LANs I always get people looking over my shoulder going "wow whats that?" 'Tis a shame CMOB does not get the publicity it deserves

:(

<hr></blockquote>

Actually, it is the responsibility of every owner of CMBO to do the marketing for BTS. That keeps the costs down. ;)

Let the newbfest begin!

<hr></blockquote>

What he said!

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by YankeeDog:

Wow. You're doing force allocation and everything. . . This is definitely a full-service establishment. Do I get a free tournament patch with my entry fee, too?? tongue.gif

<hr></blockquote>

YD,

You get a firm (albeit electronic) handshake and a hearty "Congratulations!" if you win. smile.gif

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by YankeeDog:

Your solution to eliminate (or at least mitigate) gaminess is simple and therefore elegant. You da man. If you're ever in NYC, I'll buy you a beer (this is about all the bribe I can afford. . .).<hr></blockquote>

Hmm, if it's a Sapporo Black, I am so there. :cool:

SuperTed, will this be where they'll be posting their game results and experiences, then?

We just want a quick heads-up so that we know where to come by to mock and belittle them. ;)

(if you found yourself angered by this post, you wouldn't understand. It's a Peng Challenge Thread thing)

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Ligur:

Sounds very promising, and Ted making the battles is great! We love you, SuperTed!

Are you going to make them "unbalanced" on purpose you know, like in Wild Bill's Rumblings and the Nordic ones?<hr></blockquote>

Ligur,

Aw, shucks. redface.gif

Nope. My goal is to make them as balanced as I can. I think you'll like the ones I have cooking. smile.gif

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Seanachai:

SuperTed, will this be where they'll be posting their game results and experiences, then?

We just want a quick heads-up so that we know where to come by to mock and belittle them. ;)

(if you found yourself angered by this post, you wouldn't understand. It's a Peng Challenge Thread thing)<hr></blockquote>

Seanachai,

This thread is only for pre-tournament discussions. Once things get going (on December 8), I'll start a new thread. Go easy on the Newbies, though. We don't want to scare them off. ;)

Yes, I understand. Since I joined this forum soooo much earlier than you did ( :rolleyes: ), I have gained a wealth of knowledge that you could not possibly have. tongue.gif

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by SuperTed:

Seanachai,

This thread is only for pre-tournament discussions. Once things get going (on December 8), I'll start a new thread. Go easy on the Newbies, though. We don't want to scare them off. ;)

Yes, I understand. Since I joined this forum soooo much earlier than you did ( :rolleyes: ), I have gained a wealth of knowledge that you could not possibly have. tongue.gif <hr></blockquote>

You're right, no good scaring them off before they've been properly crushed and emotionally damaged. We'll take it slow.

And you and I arguing about seniourity? That's like two subalterns arguing over the date of their commissions, you Newbie coddling weiner dog!

...And you and I arguing about seniourity? That's like two subalterns arguing over the date of their commissions, you Newbie coddling weiner dog!<hr></blockquote>

Careful! I wouldn't want to have to resort to mentioning a certain football (cough) team from your neighborhood. :cool:

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by SuperTed:

Careful! I wouldn't want to have to resort to mentioning a certain football (cough) team from your neighborhood. :cool: <hr></blockquote>

Bloody well ruined the sport when they dragged it 'inside' a dome, and allowed the weak to survive.

Not unlike your little tournament. ;)

[ 12-04-2001: Message edited by: Seanachai ]</p>

Bloody well ruined the sport when they dragged it 'inside' a dome, and allowed the weak to survive.

Not unlike your little tournament. ;)

[ 12-04-2001: Message edited by: Seanachai ]<hr></blockquote>

Agreed (on the first point). One cool thing about the Dinky Dome is a little-known feature. If all the outer doors in the building are opened simultaneously, the roof will collapse! :eek: