A New(bie) Age Begins!

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Major Catastrophe:

<< peeps shyly round corner, never seen other CMBO players before, played a few PBEM games, but nervous....always thought this was the grown ups forum, only ever posted in Tips, everybody in here looks so wise, and.....old>>>

Sent a mail Super, hope i'm in time :( <hr></blockquote>

Are you screwing with me MC?! :D

I'm just awe struck......truly....i told my wife i'd post on the main forum one day, and here it is...i even called her to the pc to see it, i'll print it and show it to my kids...when i have some...im speechless, wahooo, the bright lights of the 'proper' players forum, who use abbreviations and posh words....like...like...doctrine (gasp), i'll get my wife....oooo please let me play, please....

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Major Catastrophe:

<< peeps shyly round corner, never seen other CMBO players before, played a few PBEM games, but nervous....always thought this was the grown ups forum, only ever posted in Tips, everybody in here looks so wise, and.....old>>>

Sent a mail Super, hope i'm in time :( <hr></blockquote>

Major C,

I don't recall seeing your name in my in-box. Did you receive a response from me?

I just want to take a moment here at work and thank SuperTed for making this lil shindig possible. My first semester of grad school ends tonight, and my first tournament starts this weekend! I have so much to look forward to (less work and getting me arse whumped). Heck, if Ted'll give me a bunch of Tigers, good fields of fire, and an opponent armed with a company of infantry (and nothing else), then I think I've got a shot. Just kidding- I actually started doing okay against the AI the last couple days- just got the game last Friday. I definitely should have waited until after finals...

Scott

Originally posted by the kid who is his own father with the mile long wooden nose on the hot air balloon sized head:

"...I will bust you up. Combined arms, overlapping fields of fire, this is the game I was always meant to play. Damn, Im just like patton, casualties for victories."

Give him hell guys. I'll be looking forward to your AARs. Heh heh heh!

No Tigers? Hmmm... I guess I'd be willing to settle for Hetzers. In the interest of fairness, though, I think the other guy's force should be a platoon. :D Seriously, I'm really looking forward to playing a live human being. I'm not very good, but the AI already drives me crazy sometimes. Thanks again for setting this up!