Where can I find "GunSlinger's Realistic Color Mod" ?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Pascal DI FOLCO:

It doesn't work for me - access denied...

But I'm not good at FTP either frown.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You need to put the password after the colon after the username in the url, like so.

ftp://cm:cmbo@142.55.231.199//gunslinger's/

worked on IE5.5, give it a go... I've been running the GRU1.0 for over two months, no other mod comes close IMHO.

Seeya!

Compassion wrote:

It has been having problems not inheriting the right permissions (using the uploaders perms rather than the guest rx perms on the root) and I'm leaving town in a few minuites.

That seems to have happened. I just went to the directory and all files had 000 permissions.

- Tommi

Well I tried the site and it worked like a charm. The files are broken into "digestible" chunks and downloaded fine. One BIG question though, and if this has been covered I apologize. Just what am I getting with this? I have been playing CM for several months and have just about every mod loaded. This thread seems to have just "popped" up with unanimous accolades from everyone who's loaded Gunslinger's mod. Before I plunge into this multi-megabyte mod, I'd really like to know more detail about what it really encompasses. Would appreciate any comments and/or advice.

Bob

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BK6583:

Well I tried the site and it worked like a charm. The files are broken into "digestible" chunks and downloaded fine. One BIG question though, and if this has been covered I apologize. Just what am I getting with this? I have been playing CM for several months and have just about every mod loaded. This thread seems to have just "popped" up with unanimous accolades from everyone who's loaded Gunslinger's mod. Before I plunge into this multi-megabyte mod, I'd really like to know more detail about what it really encompasses. Would appreciate any comments and/or advice.

Bob

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

When these pics were posted:

http://www.battlefront.com/discuss/Forum1/HTML/011811.html

(at the top of the page)

everyone wanted them.....

Gunslinger's mods are like them, in that his trees and terrain are VERY good and life like.

With a nice "less toy gamey" toned down colour pallet.

the buildings here :

http://www.battlefront.com/discuss/Forum1/HTML/011811.html

are stunning and others wanted to download them so I said, hey, it sort of looks like the style the Gunslinger was working in.

and the rest is Late night download history...

smile.gif

-tom w

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PD:

You need to put the password after the colon after the username in the url, like so.

ftp://cm:cmbo@142.55.231.199//gunslinger's/

worked on IE5.5, give it a go... I've been running the GRU1.0 for over two months, no other mod comes close IMHO.

Seeya!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah man biggrin.gif It *WORKS* !!

1 day and 5 hours after having asked "Where is ...", we & I have now access to Gunslinger's Lost Files wink.gif ,after kind people here searched their HD, mailed to the lost Gunslinger, put the files again on a server, ...

Thanks to everybody here for such a wonderful job.

Matt, you can close the thread wink.gif

Yeah man biggrin.gif It *WORKS* !!

1 day and 5 hours after having asked "Where is ...", we & I have now access to Gunslinger's Lost Files wink.gif ,after kind people here searched their HD, mailed to the lost Gunslinger, put the files again on a server, ...

Thanks to everybody here for such a wonderful job.

Matt, you can close the thread wink.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Happy to help, it's a great mod... Just glad to see you came back & got through smile.gif

sorry guys

hold on till after EST business hours

like 7 hours from now

i'm in the EST

I just turned off the account because I cannot offer the bandwidth during EST business hours

the CM account is off and the ftp server will be turned off when others are done downloading

soon I hope

Bandwidth during the day time is a problem here.... (if you know what mean wink.gif )

but after about 5:00 pm est I'll be up for the weekend I hope

just hold on ok?

thanks

-tom w

I'm not necessarily proud of doing so, but I want to be able to find this thread when I get home from work...so...(please pronounce as Inspector Clouseau would have, i.e., "A behm"...

"A Behmp...behmpitty behmp...behmp..."

Regards,

Cyrano

------------------

"Watching others make friends, as a dog makes friends. I mark the manner of these canine courtesies and say, 'Thank God, here comes another enemy'" -- Rostand

Thanks Tom

Indeed when I said "it works" it didn't last very long, I've got rejected after having only dloaded 1 file !

But as I'm in France I'll had no problem getting them during your -deserved- EST sleep time !

Well, see you soon wink.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry about that....

I did have to turn it off this morning it will be back on 5 hours from now for the weekend.

-tom w

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Capt. Toleran:

If it's true that he has abandoned his work on his CM mods, does anyone want to ask his permission to take over the work he has done (or want to)?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I sent e-mail to his old address yesterday.

And have had no reply.

If anyone in touch with him?

I would honestly say Magua has the same vision and colour scheme and tonal quality in what he has posted so far in comparision to Gunslinger.

So if Magua works with Gunslinger's mods he might want to carry the torch forward.

Just a Suggestion...

-tom w

[This message has been edited by aka_tom_w (edited 10-20-2000).]