Where can I find "GunSlinger's Realistic Color Mod" ?

Since more people seems anxious to get the Mods now that they are down than we were when they were still online at Gunslinger's I'd like to offer my 2 cents here.

Eventhough they ARE great, you should be aware that they are very unique in their tonal quality.

So, unless some dudes wants to tone down your other Mods and those still to come, the overall effect is rather drastic.

A bit like a Toon AFV fighting its way in RL...

Since Madmatt is hosting scores of Goodies and none of them are color relevant to the GRU you should think it twice.

The way around this is that Gunslinger told us a wee whiley that he hadn't changed all files on his own.

He used a batch process in PSP to do it as a whole.

He even gives the tips me think.

So if you're an avid GRU user, remember to batch ALL of your new BMPs or you're in for a nasty surprise.

Magua should be able to give us the tonals seeing as his greats buildings are very much GRU-like...

------------------

Goaty to YK2: I can teach your ass that yes, it can be spanked so hard...

PawBroon to Goaty: I do not take subcontractors!

[This message has been edited by PawBroon (edited 10-21-2000).]

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest J Pender

Hello all,

Does anyone know which bmp's do I have to replace to convert back to the standard smoke and fire? The ones in Gunslinger's mod dont work for me. I like everything else though. If you havent tried Gunslingers mod yet you should its worth the trip.

Take care

John Pender

PS Thanks Gunslinger

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by tss:

Compassion wrote:

It has been having problems not inheriting the right permissions (using the uploaders perms rather than the guest rx perms on the root) and I'm leaving town in a few minuites.

That seems to have happened. I just went to the directory and all files had 000 permissions.

- Tommi<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

FIXED! I'm in Vegas for the weekend and my laptop doesn't have the tools to really work on the problem, but I moved the whole thing to a dir that has softer default permissions and anon access is now possible from ftp:\\209.209.23.160\uploads\Gunslinger

Have fun.

Now I have to go and get more free drinks... I'm up $300 playing Blackjack. Probably get snockered and start trying to throw dice and lose it all...

------------------

"Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning?" - G.W. Bush, January 2000

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by J Pender:

Hello all,

Does anyone know which bmp's do I have to replace to convert back to the standard smoke and fire? The ones in Gunslinger's mod dont work for me. I like everything else though. If you havent tried Gunslingers mod yet you should its worth the trip.

Take care

John Pender

PS Thanks Gunslinger<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Easy

Just go to MadMatt's sight and get the nice Smoke and fire graphics mods that you like and don't worry aout the numbers of the BMPs they'll sort them selves out when replace the old ones.

There are better Smoke and fire and explosion mods out there than Gunslingers. Just find the mod you like (From MadMatt's web site) and let it REPLACE all the ones, Gunslinger's mods installed.

easy

-tom w

Guest J Pender

Hey aka_tom_w or anybody else,

I went to Mats site and I got the explosions and fire back but the smoke still isnt right, Now what?

Thanks

Take care

John Pender

Guest J Pender

Never mind,

With a little help from LuckShot's bmp info I was able to restore the smoke from my original saved bmp file.

Take care

John Pender

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MikeT:

Compassion, I just tried the URL you posted ftp:\\209.209.23.160\uploads\Gunslinger and it failed. Did I leave something out?

MikeT <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

try this:

ftp://cm:cmbo@142.55.231.199//gunslinger's/

There are no users logged on to tnhe ftp server now so you should get ALL the bandwidth... (and there's PLENTY of it)

Try it, you'll like it...

smile.gif

-tom w

[This message has been edited by aka_tom_w (edited 10-21-2000).]

[This message has been edited by aka_tom_w (edited 10-21-2000).]

Guest Madmatt

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by J Pender:

Hey aka_tom_w or anybody else,

I went to Mats site and I got the explosions and fire back but the smoke still isnt right, Now what?

Thanks

Take care

John Pender<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats becuase I don't have any smoke mods on my site.

Madmatt

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex, The Alternative side of Combat Mission and home of the CMMC

CMHQ-Annex

Host of the Combat Mission WebRing

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MikeT:

Compassion, I just tried the URL you posted ftp:\\209.209.23.160\uploads\Gunslinger and it failed. Did I leave something out?

MikeT <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't know what is wrong with it... in discussions with the server owner, I'm pretty sure he's going to take the box down one of these days soon and make it a proper unix server (damn Win2k) or drop back to NT4.

I just tried ftp://209.209.23.160/Uploads/Gunslinger/ twice. Worked once and faled once. Sorry, guys, didn't know the server had gotten this flakey. Use aka_tom's site I guess if this one doesn't work.

Thanks a bunch Tom! I appreciate your help in getting these files.

One question I'd like to pose though. Did anybody notice that the smoke looked like death's heads or skulls if you would?

Guest Gunslinger

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rookie:

FWIW Gunslinger has been like this awhile. He is quite fickle and moves from one game to the next. Sports Car GT, Falcon 4, USAF, CM and so on and so forth. I think he may have the CFS2 Bug now...

I have seen him posting on the vast wasteland that is Usenet on the flight sim newsgroup...

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ROFLMAO...

Yes, you do have me pegged pretty well.

However, the reason the CM downloads were gone is I started my own business and had to redo Techware. I am slowly added my stuff back onto my Techware site. I had almost 2 gigs of stuff on my site. And 1 gig of it wa garbage data I didn't need.

Anywho, I'll get it back up when I can catch my breath.

James "quite fickle" Wohlever

------------------

**GUNSLINGER**

liltechware.jpg

http://techware.gtinsider.com

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gunslinger:

ROFLMAO...

Yes, you do have me pegged pretty well.

However, the reason the CM downloads were gone is I started my own business and had to redo Techware. I am slowly added my stuff back onto my Techware site. I had almost 2 gigs of stuff on my site. And 1 gig of it wa garbage data I didn't need.

Anywho, I'll get it back up when I can catch my breath.

James "quite fickle" Wohlever

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Gunslinger

I LOVED your mods so much I flet compelled to share them with other folks here.

Good to see you back.

Hope you don't mind.

So far I have not seen any personal e-mail to the contrary so I'm hoping its Cool.

do you still play CM

if not how did you KICK the habbit smile.gif

it is a VERY serious addiction for me

Stay in touch ok.

Again Great job on the Mods I really like your toned down colour scheme. You should check out Mangua's buildings. your Roofs go GREAT on his buildings smile.gif

-tom w