Is CM2 months or years away from release?

IIRC, Steve said "about a year from now" in a previous post. Could be my ailing mind playing tricks on me, though... wink.gif

Why not do a search? Should provide you with lot's of info about CM2!

Hawk

------------------

Our's is not to reason why, our's is but to do and die!

IIRC = If I Remember Correctly.

How about we all just settle down, enjoy playing CMBO or – heaven forbid – explore what else life has to offer us? Sure, CM2 will be better than CMBO – but the latter has only been in our lives for a few short months, and it fills exactly the same spot which CM2 will occupy in a year or so, so it's not as though there is a gaping CM2-shaped hole in our lives.

David

button.gif

Instant CM2!

Just go into the sceanario editor and change all the names of French villages to Russian towns, sprinkle the word "comrade" all over the new Russianified briefings, add "ski" to end of all the Allied commader names and voila! You're there on the steppe man.

p.

Originally posted by David Aitken:

IIRC = If I Remember Correctly.

How about we all just settle down, enjoy playing CMBO or – heaven forbid – explore what else life has to offer us? Sure, CM2 will be better than CMBO – but the latter has only been in our lives for a few short months, and it fills exactly the same spot which CM2 will occupy in a year or so, so it's not as though there is a gaping CM2-shaped hole in our lives.

David

AFK=Away from Keyboard

I agree with David. I am so involved with CM I especially with all the mods and scenarios, that I need this time to appreciate the current product. If CM2 came out tommorow, I would wait a year before buying it simply because i enjoy CM1 so much.

I also explored what life has to offer and found a girl friend. Who would have thought?

Did anyone else notice that the board clock is back to being accurate?

------------------

Did someone compare this to the Peng thread? I've apologized for less.

-Anonymous

[This message has been edited by Hiram Sedai (edited 11-07-2000).]

I don't think that even BTS has a good handle now for a "good" release date projection. Look at how CMBO slipped 6-8 months past when BTS thought that it would first get out. Of course, all that slippage proved for the better in the game's quality in release. BTS will probably know better when CM2 is 70-80% done.

So, to seek peace with yourself, expect at least a year from now for CM2 (11/01). Or maybe a while longer. So be it. Amen.

PS: Not to worry, jpinard. You're not even close to what "Capt Manieri" was in terms of badgering for a game's release. wink.gif

It took 3 years for CM to come out, but that was due to developing the game engine from scratch. Now that it's done, any sequel using that engine shouldn't take nearly as long as the original. I would guess it will take approx. half as long as the original did to finish.

------------------

"Natural body oils, combined with dirt, can keep you waterproof" -Krüger

AL the red wrote:

> Never mind CM2...What about the CM2 Demo?

The CM beta demo came out a few months before the game. The final demo came out when the game was finished. There will not be a CM2 beta demo, considering that the engine is already done, so the CM2 demo will be available no sooner than the game itself.

Guest AL the red

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by David Aitken:

AL the red wrote:

> Never mind CM2...What about the CM2 Demo?

The CM beta demo came out a few months before the game. The final demo came out when the game was finished.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Really? I did`nt know that.I stumbled upon CM after reading a review on a Brit website, and downloaded the Gold demo immediately.I thought i was just lucky that the finished game was available to order!