My day as a CM addict

6am. wife goes to make the coffee, I run downstairs, boot up and play a turn of pbem.

check email.

take a shower, get dressed. drink cold coffee, play a turn of cm pbem. go to work.

at work log to the web. have the CM chat area in the background the entire day. make a few posts. read just about everything there is. hoping to see steve or charles post some news.

get home. bootup, download email play a turn of pbem. say hello to kids. start dinner.

during dinner, check email respond to pbem.

after dinner, help kids with homework...while I check my email.

the rest of the evening spent playing cm and checking emails. hopelessly addicted. if BTS posts the manuel online I will down it and treat it like a archaelogical artifact. To be studied and scrutinized. love this game.

sniperscope

Although I am not quite as bad as you lads, I have deleted two other forums and check THIS one WAAAYYYYY toooooo often each day. That doesn't count em between several pals on here...

And to think, the FINAL CM isn't even here yet....

I think we need a twelve step program.... wink.gif

[This message has been edited by ARCHANGEL (edited 05-23-2000).]

Guest Mirage2k

Step 9 - Making Amends. Apologize to any CM player or forum poster you may have wronged in the past...this includes, for instance, playing a PBEM against someone who is playing "blind," whereas you have already played the scenario...hehe.

-Andrew

Step 2, "take her out and treat her like a lady" ... nope, wrong program. Anyway, I keep coming back to this board just knowing that one day, one day very soon now, there will be a post from some lucky soul saying "I GOT IT!" ... at which point I'll likely have to develop a sudden case of something dreadful and run home smile.gif

Joe

------------------

"The Irish are a fine, mad race ... all their wars are happy ... and all their songs are sad."

I can say that, I'm of Irish descent:) And if anyone knows the origin of that quote I'd be eternally in your debt.

Guest Madmatt

All this addiction to the forum and you guys don't ever check CMHQ/CMHQ-Annex anymore???? frown.gif

I think I may cry....

Madmatt

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

CMHQ-Annex, The Alternative side of Combat Mission

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex

Proud members of the Combat Mission WebRing

Damn Matt, first you have a headache, now you're crying ... it's just like being married smile.gif

Joe

------------------

"The Irish are a fine, mad race ... all their wars are happy ... and all their songs are sad."

I can say that, I'm of Irish descent:) And if anyone knows the origin of that quote I'd be eternally in your debt.

Guest Captain Foobar

well that makes 2 of us named Aaron who are addicted. Welcome to the madness, my fellow Aaron.... biggrin.gif

Guest Captitalistdoginchina

olbloodngutsy, you just made me LOL, oops, i am supposed to be working!

I get up, download e-mail, play my turns then rush out late for work, no time for coffee. Get to work, go straight to this forum - Battlenet is my homepage. Spend all day with the forum in the background - rush home, download e-mail while taking a shower, ignore the wife as i gulp down dinner - then spend the rest of the evening playing CM and pbem.

It is so tempting to install the gold demo on my work pc,......must..........resist.......no............cm.............during............working hours.

CDIC

Nah Matt's not my type, I have very strict standards, absolutely must be female ... and no reptiles. A guy's gotta draw the line someplace. smile.gif

Joe

------------------

I don't want to break this addiction, my wife wants me to but I don't.

I have devised a method of tuning her out while playing CM: Put on the headphones, call in a 105mm fire mission and then run down the map right in the middle of where its coming in. Its so.....beautiful!

Flix

While I too,Am addicted to this game,I admit I will not be able to give up a few other games,Tho their share will certainly be less. Rogue Spear and Commanche Havoc are just too damn good also. And Shogun Just went gold too..*sigh*,Well,Goodbye Rogue Spear!!! ;0

And Archangel,Come Home. We need another crumodgeon to keep Chuck and Me Company smile.gif

-Rookie

[This message has been edited by Rookie (edited 05-24-2000).]

I check CMHQ every day (see Madmatt, some of us still care), and the forum every couple of hours while at work. This could be thought normal. I mean, what else are you going to do while at work?

What has persuaded me that I'm hooked is that I'm getting up early to check my email and play a PBEM turn or two before going to work. Anything that gets me out of bed before I absolutely have to has got to be dangerously addictive.

Guest tom w

I was away (Fishing up north on the French River in Northern Ontatio) for 5 whole days and I had withdrawl symptoms

it was horrible, there was no news and no internet and no Combat mission Chat Board

BUT we did play on laptops, yes inbetween fishing and drinking there were three hotseat games of VoT or and two more CE scenarios on the hotseat again LIVE opponents.

The Germans NEVER woon VoT once, not once

anyway

yes I'm at work now and I'm addicted.

HELP......

-tom w

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>"Remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

G. S. Patton <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rookie:

And Archangel,Come Home. We need another crumodgeon to keep Chuck and Me Company smile.gif

-Rookie

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Arch has left Delphi? What's the world coming to? Actually, Rookie no offense but the flight-sim forum has some huge problems. I get in maybe once out of five tries. Plus RB feels a bit... dated for me. Still, a great crowd and I still lurk there some. I wrote a long post in the CM thread there.

Good to see you.

------------------

Geier, formerly Kettle Black.

"The succesful execution of a well devised plan often looks like luck to saps."

Dashiell Hammett

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Arch has left Delphi? What's the world coming to? Actually, Rookie no offense but the flight-sim forum has some huge problems. I get in maybe once out of five tries. Plus RB feels a bit... dated for me. Still, a great crowd and I still lurk there some. I wrote a long post in the CM thread there.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Geier,

Yea,The goings got pretty ugly and Archangel decided it was not worth the aggravation,what with the Delphi problems and the general ugliness going on. Don't blame him really...

No Offense taken man. I try to get other topics going but to no avail. Fortunately Me and Bullethead seem to have hooked a fair portion of the board on CM so thats a start<G>.. And the general dearth of good flight sim releases doesn't help. At least Wargaming has some glimmer of life with CM and the HPS Offerings etc.

Maybe someone will release a great flight sim and breath some life into the forum over there. Maybe Janes Attack Squadron will revitalize the Genre if it actually see's the light of day.. With its built in editors etc. It could be good...

Good to see you here too...

-Rookie