If you just got CM, and want to tell the world, post here!

Guest Big Time Software

Guest Big Time Software

Maximus, yes the shipping time is different from place to place. But you missed my point. The biggest variable is when you placed your order because... that is what determined when USPS actually got a hold of it. You can't receive what hasn't been sent yet smile.gif

Steve

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys. I can not remember the last time a game has actually delivered anywhere near my expectations. As soon as my uncle upgrades he will be ordering.

THANKS

------------------

Always with the negative waves, Moriarty.

CM arrived in Hong Kong today. Payment for the additional postage was well worth it. After watching the development of the game for nearly 2 years, it's been well worth it. Congratulations to Steve and Charles

P.S. Look forward to CM2 and beyond, though hopefully the wait will be shorter!!!!

I believed I ordered the day CM was on sale. Still no CM in Montreal Canada. This to say that a huge variable is crossing the Canadian border. They will probably open the package looking for illegal material and then repackage it. With a name like Combat Mission, they probably think the US is attacking Canada. I wonder how long CM will be hung up by Canadian customs. Are there any Canadians that got it?

Picton!!!

Does your copy arrive via courier? If so, mine should be here today. I got a call earlier today by a courier that they are sendig a box to my home but I tell them to send it to my office instead. Let's hope for the best.

BTW, you are a local Hong Kong, right? Wanna have a pbem against a newbie, drop me an email. Like to see another local wargamer.

Griffin @ work - place

------------------

"+" is just the beginning. Expect to see "GriffinCheng76", "GriffinCheng(105)" or "GriffinChengA3E8" more should Forum problems occur again :(

Got mine yesterday in Colorado, and CM already has exceeded my expectations. Thanks to Steve and Charles and the others who have put so much effort into this revolutionary game! I'm off for an all day session!

CM recieved 3:00pm Monday

Ordered just this month!

Location Phoenix, AZ

First impressions

OMG!!!!!! I LOVE QUICK BATTLES!!!

I let the Comp pick the units and I got

37mm Flak gun

Hetzer Tank Hunter

150mm inf Gun

4 half tracks

1 company of Volksgrenidiers (sp)

I was on the Defence and lost (first time vs comp) it was AWESOME!

For all of uss who haven't as yet gotten the game I would recommend checking the post persons PC....

as for how long it takes....

depends on the post office...honestly...I have sent stuff to New Mexico faster than it takes to get across town here in Richmond, Va....all by first class mail..

makes one wonder

------------------

unca pathy will show ya the path,

if only he could find it himself!

Guest smbutler

YEEEHAAAA! YEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAA! YEEEEEEHAAAAAA! YEEHA! YEEEEEEEHAAAAA! YEEEHAAA! YE! HA! YEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAAA!

EEEEEEHAAAAAA! YEEHA! YEEEEEEEHAAAAA! YEEEHAAA! YE! HA! YEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAAA!

(I got it)

Just got it yesterday and i called in sick for work to stay home and play, me and Bill Carey (hadn't received his copy yet) spent all day playing.

My mailman is kinda a lazy bum so i didn't get my copy until like 2:00p.m. me and Bill actually went to two different post offices to check for his or my copy!

I got the biggest scare of my life when i get home to find the package (already opened) with a sticker on it that sayed RECEIVED DAMAGED!!! When i only saw the instruction manual i thought that my copy had been stolen in the mail!!!! luckily Steve and Charles and BTS shipped the game inside the booklet!!

------------------

ShadowWraith

"There is nothing to Fear but Fear itself"

"Limits were made to be Broken"

"Face your Fears, Live your Dreams"

Gosh Doc,

I feel for you. Not only do you not have the game, but my Panther is going to pop your last Sherman in our VoT PBEM when i get home tonight. And then it's on to victory!

Have a nice day biggrin.gif

------------------

The dead know only one thing - it is better to be alive

It was like Christmas in June (there must be a song with this title somewhere smile.gif). On the same day I got my new computer, I got a couple of wargames I won in EBay and most of all I got...COMBAT MISSION!!!

Now I am waiting for the other shoe to drop.

------------------

We have lost this battle, but there is time to win another.

Date: Monday, June 16th

Time: 1330 hours

Scene: chaos sitting in his living room, watching the last few laps of the rain delayed Pocono 500, with freshly arrived CM clenched tightly in his trembling hands.

The rest of the day was a nearly orgasmic rush of wargaming goodness!!

chaos

CM and Panther print arrived Monday, 6/19, here in St. Louis. Pre-ordered last summer. Unfortunately didn't get home until late last night, so I haven't spent much time with it. (I'm doing the tutorial scenario first even though I've played the beta and gold many times ... just to see if there are any differences in playing the real thing versus the demos.

First reactions: Fantastic! Later reactions should be even better, if that's possible.

Thanks, BTS, for the best wargame ever!

Pre-ordered 5/19/2000

Received yesterday (6/19/00) in South Pasadena, CA (L.A. area)

Shipping Date was 6/16/00

Unfortunately getting out of the Staples Center after the Lakers game last night was, well, interesting eek.gif At least the package was sitting in my mailbox when I got home at midnight.

I'll be playing tonight though!

I wasn't going to reply, but I can't resist. Got mine yesterday (Monday), and I fired up a nifty quick battle. Ended up with a company of Brits with many wheeled vehicles and 1/2-tracks attacking a German force centered around a StuG, Hetzer and a gun that I never did ID. Pulled off a total victory, mostly because my one tank (a Firefly) was in a major groove. I don't think he missed a shot all game.

------------------

Rob Varak

Editor

Site on Sound: The Web's Premier Site For Musical Discussion

www.siteonsound.com

What! the game has made it to Hong Kong!!!!!

Would the next copy to Hong Kong please make a little detour to the south.

Left4dead didn't I see you on the TV, looked like you were practicing brewing up tanks but you only had a little old police car to do it with.

OK Steve, you asked for it smile.gif

I pre-ordered two weeks ago, June 7. My credit card was billed June 16. My very own copy, personalized by BTS themselves (not really, but it sounded good smile.gif) arrived via USPS in Charlotte NC on Monday, June 19.

And you know what the bit*h of it is? Last night, the day Christmas came early, I had to reformat and reinstall Winblows due to a corrupted registry unrelated to CM. frown.gif Damn! Well, I've taken this opportunity to add a V5 5500 card so my pain is assuaged greatly smile.gif.

Now, before anyone gets ticked, mail usually gets to my house in 2 days from the time it was sent. Shipped Friday, in transit Saturday, arrived Monday. My mother lives in Davenport IA. Takes 5 days to get to her. No lie. So where you live is just as important as when you ordered. (JMO)

------------------

Jeff Abbott