Poll: What add features you wait for in CM2?

Rarg

Hey BTS, there are a lot of good ideas posted in this thread smile.gif

I think about campaigns like a branch tree linked scenarios, where the troops, enemy resistence, weather and other parameters vary according previous battle result.

thanks

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mongolian Infantry. I read in a book (I think it was "Tigers in the Snow" circa 1942) that the Russian's would use Mongolian Infantry to breach minefields simply by having them charge into them. I guess we will have to have platoon level commissars to keep the Mongolians headed in the right direction....

------------------

"Then we shall fight in the shade." (Greek general's comment upon being told that the Persian archers could blot-out the sun with their arrows.)

What I really want is to be able to make a battle between the same sides. Axis vs Axis etc.

I have a buddy that will soon get this game but since we both like germans how can we fight?

This would be a very simple feature to add and I do not know why it is not in the game from start?

1. 32 bit color.

2. Dynamic lighting.

3. Vehicles leave tracks in the ground, especially in snow or mud.

------------------

No, there will be no sequels. Charles and Steve have given up wargame design in disgust and have gone off to Jamaica to invest their new-found wealth in the drug trade. -Michael emrys

--4)Dead bodies, or at least some marker to tell me where men dropped from a squad.--

how about little white crosses for kias, yellow markers for incaps, and red crosses for wounded?

i think that was what 'up front!' used.

andy

--- change manned fortifications so crew is separate from pillbox. --

yes i would like to see pillboxes as buildings.

on a related topic i would like to see the ability to put the smaller guns inside of buildings.

then if pillboxes were buildings that would take care of being able to put certain guns inside of them. i'd like a pillbox with a 20mm aa for instance, or 2 mg42HMGs and an FO and platoon HQ.

i'd like to be able to put the 20mm aa inside of all building types. i can understand not being able to put 90mm aa or 88mm aa guns inside of smaller buildings, but small infantry guns and such should fit, at least some of the time.

so pillboxes as buildings and small guns allowed inside of buildings would be 'most excellent.'

andy

Engineers that can blow bridges,

Roger Wilco, for communication,

dragon teeth,

horse and wagons,

computer experience in paramters, scenario editor

Walls for Forts, cities and such

ambulances

medics

sandbags

the most important is roger wilco, or a chat engine or both to communicate with other players.. Should be able to choose to whom you want to talk too...that way if multiple players no FOW can be exposed

I'd like to see greater FOW, in particular, damage done to armored vehicles. Unless tank goes up in flames, its status should remain unknown. Abandoned vehicles should be capable of being re-occupied. In numerous accounts i've read GIs speak of German tanks being re-occupied by crews and express regret at not having disabled tanks when they had the chance.Bunkers also should be capable of being re-occupied as well.

I concur that ski troops and horses should be there as new troops.

If possible I would like to see one man leaders also (if it doesn't get too far from BTS design policy that is). It would make sniping so much more important.

Plus of course, tons of new terrain tiles. Maybe a more flexible engine that allows construction of new unique ones?

Marcus

I would like to see indirect fire by on-board artillery if a spotter is available - like it is currently done with mortars.

I would also like to see bodies or some sort of marker to indicate where a soldier has fallen. Northing more gory than what we have now.

1) Finns (1939-40 Winter War, not just the Continutation War of 1941+)

2) Lots of new terrain tiles

3) Ammo tracking which records the ammo level of each *type* of weapon in a squad, not just a homogeneous number for all weapons in the squad.

4) Commissars

5) Partial/Reduced squads

6) ALL new features to be ported to CM1 whenever applicable! It would be nice if CM1-CM4 all looked and played about the same. (Can you imagine a CM Gold, which covers the entire European Theatre?)

------------------

"Artillery is a terrible thing. God, I hate it."

Pvt. David Webster

101st airborne 1942-45

I can't believe no one else has mentioned this, but I feel that an absolute must is much better RUBBLE graphics. Perhaps more

3-D, and better looking. Also, there should be a MUDDY GROUND texture, like the ground would be if it had been trampled and fought over for months, or like it would be after the Russian spring thaw. I can't see playing the battle of Stalingrad without these two things.

I just want to second the "unrealistic campaign mode" suggestion, where men gain experience, get promotions, and recieve medals for heroism. BTS, you've proved you've got realism down pat. I'm convinced. And I know you care about the fantasy aspect, otherwise CM would have had hexes and counters. Now... "Bending" realism and adding non-essential things such as medals and promotions to add to the gameplay aspect...I know, I know, it's heresey I'm speaking here!... but just think about it, that's all I ask.

DeanCo--

Deanco:

Don't want to get sidetracked here (too much!), but I do want to make one point.

I feel that the features you request, while innocent enough, are the beginning of a slippery slope. Add medals and Prestige Points, and the next thing you know, BTS will be releasing s**t like "Motorcycle Wars" or something. Think that's silly? I saw it happen in less than 2 years at Talonsoft. Either the focus is on realism...or it is not. Any middle ground is dangerous.

------------------

"Artillery is a terrible thing. God, I hate it."

Pvt. David Webster

101st airborne 1942-45

I haven't read this thread, but...

- motorcycles, sidecars

- horses and carriages

- train artillery

- more map tiles for the scenario designer, esp. for non-90 degree street angles

- a more complete array of vehicles (e.g. all the SPW variants)

- more planes

- paratroops and gliders

- trenches, etc.

- simulated air battles (we don't have to see them, but maybe there could be fighters and ground attack planes fighting up there) Stefan and I created ASL rules to simulate this. (I know, it's not going to happen...)

- on a more serious note, Bagpipers. For the Scottish Suicide Squad.

smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Runyan99:

Deanco:

Don't want to get sidetracked here (too much!), but I do want to make one point.

I feel that the features you request, while innocent enough, are the beginning of a slippery slope. Add medals and Prestige Points, and the next thing you know, BTS will be releasing s**t like "Motorcycle Wars" or something. Think that's silly? I saw it happen in less than 2 years at Talonsoft. Either the focus is on realism...or it is not. Any middle ground is dangerous.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

IMHO

A campaign mode of some type would be a tremendous bonus to single player re-playability. I understand the opinion of "realism" however as we all know, no realistic simulation of combat is possible".

CM is a wonderful production. It is well made and fun! I bought and play it to have fun. So why not increase the fun factor by adding a traceable goal? I know the turnover rate in manpower was extraordinarily high. However some did survive the war. I would suggest an officers career may be tracked from battle to battle as a compromise to a full campaign. I know it would increase my enjoyment of CM many times over in single player mode. Why not have more fun? It would be able to be toggled on and off so everyone would not have to use this feature if ever implemented.

I also do not believe we have to worry about BTS making the choices Talonsoft has made. CM has been made by gamers.

Regards...

[This message has been edited by Abbott (edited 09-09-2000).]

Since technical improvements such as better graphics and better AI will be in anyway (at least that's what I hope) I focus my wishlist on gameplay improvements.

1. Campaigns.

2. Campaigns.

3. Small AT guns should be able to be placed in houses or barns.

4. Target priorities (tell my Panzerschreck to spare the ammunition for that Jumbo rolling down the hill instead of wasting it for that halftrack passing by).

5. Snipers (real snipers, not sharpshooters).

6. Campaigns.

7. Modelling single soldiers instead of squads (yes, I know this will be hard, if not impossible with the hardware currently available).

8. Some "science fiction" scenarios with German "wunderwaffen" such as the super heavy Maus tank.

9. Paratrooper/glider landings. That means I want to see my troops landing.

10. Did I mention campaigns?

11. The possibility to blow up bridges. That would especially be interesting in operations or campaigns.

12. Operations should be more dynamic. For example being able to counter attack after successfully defending an objective.

13. Special buildings such as hangars, railroad stations, castles, industrial buildings...

14. Spreading fire.

15. For the last time: Campaigns. Troops should improve with time and I should be able to "buy" new equipment. Yes, I know this is unrealistic but I think it's fun nonetheless.

:)