CM2 Scenarios,Ops,Battles, wishlist.

Guest Silesian-jaeger

Guest Silesian-jaeger

Yes, I know there have been alot of CM2 wishlists w/ ideas for new features. This list is to see what historic battles, operations, scenarios you would like to see covered. Mine are simple enough. I would like to see several covering Stalingrad. I am particularly interested in the phase where the Germans first enter the city. Also, Operation "Konrad", where the SS Viking and Totenkopf divisions failed to relieve Budapest. Thanks for your input.

------------------

"In one (German) town, Private Honey stood next to an

elderly German man and a ten-year-old boy. As the Shermans and brand-new

Pershings rumbled by the boy said,'Deutsches Panzer lind besser.' Honey

looked down at him and asked,'If

German tanks are better,

why aren't they here?' "

quote from Stephen E. Ambrose, "Citizen Soldiers"

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Midnight Warrior:

I'd like to see some ealy Barbarossa scenarios.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Me too. There was a nice thread about a month ago on radioless Russian AFVs, and I'm interested in seeing how CM2 models that.

I don't know about the Finnish scenarios. Imagine the scenario descriptions:

for the Russians- "Lead your masses of cold, unlead conscripted comrades across a frozen wasteland to eradicate a handful of men who will sneak behind your rear and whup your xxx. Sadly, all your platoon and company HQs were purged, so your troops must go it alone."

for the Finns- "Defend the homeland against the Russian invaders. Expect to encounter 2 full infantry divisions. You have five squads of elite ski troops, a molotov cocktail team, and a 37mm AT gun."

------------------

There is nothing certain about war except that one side won't win.

-Ian Hamilton

Guest Silesian-jaeger

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 109 Gustav:

I don't know about the Finnish scenarios. Imagine the scenario descriptions:

for the Russians- "Lead your masses of cold, unlead conscripted comrades across a frozen wasteland

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's some funny sh*t! I too look forward very much to the battles of the very early days. The earlt Russian tanks and AFVs are great.

Guest barrold713

I am trying to remember the designation of the early Russian Tank that was part of ASL COI. It was a big clunky piece of work that had about 3 main guns, machineguns everywhere, and probably a crew of 50 (joke). I would like to see that and just about as much as possible crammed into CM2.

I hearby promise to upgrade whatever hardware is necessary to be able to play CM2 in its impending maximum glory.

------------------

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb discussing what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote"

- Ben Franklin

hmmm...

I'd like to see a Zitadelle scen/op covering the northern part of the pincers.

Especially the attacks involving the 653rd and 654th PzJgr battalions (the ones w/the Elefants).

There was also a battalion of Brumbar (sorry I don't have the 'umlaut' key on my american keyboard smile.gif ) in the north....the 206th Assault Gun Battalion, I believe (I'm at work and don't have my references handy...)

Granted, the Germans won't get far, but I'm a big fan of slug-fests and 'trench' warfare..... biggrin.gif

------------------

"The mass of the [Red] army stationed in Western Russia is to be destroyed in bold operations involving deep penetrations by armored spearheads, and the withdrawal of elements capable of combat into the extensive Russian land spaces is to be prevented.

By means of rapid pursuit a line is then to be reached from beyond which the Russian air force will no longer be capable of attacking the German home territories."

- - - Directive 21 "Fall Barbarossa"

I would like to see some serious street fighting amongst the rubble in the streets of Stalingrad. It should have plenty of well hidden T34s with merely the gun barrel poking out of the rubble.

I would also like to see a large Kursk scenerio........large battlefield and plenty of tank action.

Perhaps it is beyond the graphical capabilities of the game, but hopefully the new developments can simulate the murderous trench warfare.

So many unique aspects of the Eastern Front Campaign......it will be very interesting indeed to see what you guys come up with to catch the feel of this brutal war.

Anyone who ever played Squad Leader will want:

Guards Counterattack

Hill 621

Also, from Cross of Iron, I liked

The Defense of Luga (German popgun ATG & flak support outnumbered infantry vs assortment of BT-7s, T-28s, with a T-34 and KV thrown in for giggles)

[This message has been edited by RudeLover (edited 09-21-2000).]

Howabout an operational scenario based on the famous tank battle at Povkorovka (Spelling? oh, you know what I mean) during operation Citadel!

Also, the storming of Sevastapol, the Kharkov 43 counter attack, the Russian offensive at the Seelowe Heights, the Battle for Berlin, etc etc etc

Hey, what about a CM2 scenario that has every unit that fought on the Eastern Front on a map the size of Russia, with 4(years)x365.25 (days)x24 (hours) x60(minute) turns (comes with an optional Crey supercomputer)! wink.gif

Mace

I would want anything from Operation Bagration _The destruction of Army Group Center- think of it-huge avenging Soviet armies Vs,. understrength Wermacht divisions in the open steppes where there is no place to hide- pitting tactical skill vs. Russian numerical superiority. I love this game!!

Howabout an operational scenario based on the famous tank battle at Povkorovka (Spelling?

oh, you know what I mean) during operation Citadel!

Also, the storming of Sevastapol, the Kharkov 43 counter attack, the Russian offensive at

the Seelowe Heights, the Battle for Berlin, etc etc etc

Hey, what about a CM2 scenario that has every unit that fought on the Eastern Front on a

map the size of Russia, with 4(years)x365.25 (days)x24 (hours) x60(minute) turns (comes

with an optional Crey supercomputer)!

Mace

And don't forget the Vodka!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by barrold713:

I am trying to remember the designation of the early Russian Tank that was part of ASL COI. It was a big clunky piece of work that had about 3 main guns, machineguns everywhere, and probably a crew of 50 (joke). I would like to see that and just about as much as possible crammed into CM2.

I hearby promise to upgrade whatever hardware is necessary to be able to play CM2 in its impending maximum glory.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The T-35. It had five turrets. Two 45mm guns mounted in small turrets and a short 76mm infantry howitzer mounted in it's main turret. It also mounted two MG's in small turrets.

[This message has been edited by Abbott (edited 09-21-2000).]

I have a question not specific to this topic - Is there a way to save the replays of the turns into a file so you can watch the Whole battle take place when you've finished?

Then you could send some of your favorites to your warring buddies sort of like home movies..

Thanks in advance

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Purple4Ever:

There was also a battalion of Brumbar (sorry I don't have the 'umlaut' key on my american keyboard smile.gif )<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Any Windows users out there can get umlauts or other special characters using different key combinations.

Ü = Alt + 0220

ü = Alt + 0252

To see what keys combos to use for different characters, use the Character Map program (you may need to install it from the Windows Setup tab in Add/Remove programs).

------------------

Canada: Where men were men, unless they were horses.

-Dudley Do-right

Guest barrold713

Hey Thanks Abbott. That's the one I was thinking of. Anyone know how many crew members were in this thing.

Tractor Works!!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb discussing what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote"

- Ben Franklin

I've been a dyed in the wool CC fan and a loyal poster to several CC forums for a couple years. I was curious as to what all the hub-bub regarding CM was so I broke down and did the mail order thang. Got my copy last week. Wow! What a ton of fun. Now I hear there is an East Front Version in the works. Don't get any better than this (well the mail order could have included a pizza and six pack). So when is the East Front Version of CM due out? Has there been any screen shot releases yet?