Credit Card Blues

Ordered only last week with a valid credit card and still received the generic email regarding reorder etc...

Going nuts here - anyone got any advice?! Put an email in to Steve and also posted a message on another thread but I'm getting kinda punchy here...

Have a beer??? biggrin.gif That's my best advice.

I think we all got the same generic email. So I wouldn't worry about that. Steve also said that whatever problems they've had with charging peoples credit cards that they would be sending emails to them to get that stuff straightened out sometime later today. He also said to not email him about such matters and I'd imagine that's why you havn't gotten any reply since they are likely extremely busy getting the game shipped out right now.

Best advice is to be patient.

Mikester out.

I agree. I haven't seen a charge on my card as of 6/13 either, but as BTS probably has many, many hundreds of numbers to charge they're probably charging them in batches of a certain size. Also, if you're watching your credit/debit card via online banking, there's probably at least a one-day wait between BTS taking your money (or Visa's) and you actually seeing that transaction.

DjB

Doug is right. As I recall Steve stated that it would probably take them at least 2 days to process all the credit cards.

Mine was only authorized for $53 charge late last night and I pre-ordered on the first day you could back in May 1999.

And they are processing the orders in the order that they were received, so if you've only ordered recently your card may not be charged until later today or even tomorrow.

Mikester out.

Just checked my credit card account and have a mail order authorization for A$94.37. Only one thing that can be smile.gif

I preordered on the 10/5 this year when the infamous posting of the imminent release of the Gold demo message popped up.

------------------

IN VINO VERITAS

Hey guys, please keep in mind that if you're monitoring your account via a website that there is a lag between a charge happening and it showing up in your account. I just called my bank and they told me that the correct charge was processed 6/13 but it still has not shown up on the website.

If you really think your card has not been charged, make sure you call the bank and talk to a customer service rep. Maybe you can even get them interested in CM!

DjB

I'm in the same situation as PAEZ. I ordered last July and have had no charge debited. I checkde to see if there were sufficient funds and expirations etc. All is clear, so what gives confused.gif Patience is not one of my virtues frown.gif

------------------

I'm always in the ****, it's only the depth that varies.

I had received confirmation from Steve that they had charged my card two days ago. However the charge still hasn't shown up on my account. But by subtracting my current debt from my credit limit and comparing against my available credit I came up with a US$53.00 difference. It hasn't shown up as "unbilled activity" yet on either the website or the phone system.

It does take awhile for some credit card companies to register all transactions against an account (though you should get an almost immediate hit - at least within 24 hours of a business day - against your available credit). This can be several days in fact. If you are fairly sure of the activity on your credit card then you could probably just subtract your current balance from your credit limit and see if it matches your currently available credit.

Yeah, a bit simplistic, but it worked for me.

[This message has been edited by Schrullenhaft (edited 06-14-2000).]

Guest Big Time Software

I just posted some more info on this, but I might as well do some here smile.gif We have charged or notified (i.e. problem) everybody that had a preorder in. But due to us overwhelming our credit card service (one of the largest in the country, you would think they could deal with a small fry like us smile.gif) the money was only authorized, not actually charged. This means we have a little bit of your card reserved for when we get the problem straightened out. You normally do not see authorizations on your credit cards unless you ask.

Steve

Thank you Steve. I checked out my account and asked them to look for any authorizations - they came up with one for around A$90 on the 13th. There is only one thing that can be biggrin.gif So, if your card hasn't been charged, ask if any debit has been authorised. You may be pleasantly surprised!

------------------

I'm always in the ****, it's only the depth that varies.