New Magua Mod, Available HERE--->

This evening I got Magua's Buildings Supplement to go along with his fantastic buildings. I was so excited by what I saw, I spent all night, late for bed, putting together five new pages with screen shots showing off his new work. Your in for a treat. Here is a sample, Magua's stone wall to go with his buildings...

thirdwall.jpg

That is to whet your appetites. He has a church (winter included), wall (winter included), pavement, and a fantastic new bridge. Put it all together with his buildings, you get a much more realistic looking environment.

Its a 2.19 Meg download. Here is a short cut to go directly to Magua's new mod page...

Magua's Building Supplement Mod Page

Do me a favor. If you like his work, send him e-mail. Its in the included readme file. We are the ones that benefit, so lets keep these mod authors motivated.

Thanks.

------------------

Garry Kump

Kump's CM Outpost

[This message has been edited by kump (edited 11-04-2000).]

[This message has been edited by kump (edited 11-05-2000).]

Nice work, thanks.

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>"The Russian form of fighting-particuularly in the attack-is characterized by the employment of masses of men and material, often thrown in unintelligently and without variations" MAJ GEN FW VON MELLENTHIN<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fantastic! I can't wait to d/l them myself. Thanks, Kump smile.gif

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Mellenthln's work, written without benefit of archival materials, tended to treat tactical cases without fully describing their operational context. Opposing Soviet units, as in Guderian's work, were faceless.

David M. Glantz<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Kump,

Great work at making and collecting the mods.

I am going about the task now of making my game all 'dark side'. I think it looks great.

Is there any chance that you could put all the 'best' mods, as determined by you, into 1 big file that we can download and install.

Too many decisions, too many decisions...

Thanks,

Bruce

Excellent site, Kump, and excellent mods, Magua. You both have good eyes for very aesthetically refined mods. Thanks for sharing them with us! I was comparing some screenshots from standard CM with ones I took using Gunslinger's mods and Magua's buildings--almost looks like a different game.

------------------

Hope you got your things together,

Hope you are quite prepared to die. --CCR

Beautiful

Just Stunning!!

Really.....

With Work like this coming out on such a constant and continual volunteer basis (no disrespect for Kwazy Dog smile.gif ) BTS should just release CM2 with ALL grey flat defualt (from the 3D software) textures and let all the modder ARTISTS like Mangua and Tiger and everyone else, do the new COOL textures as, not mods, BUT originals smile.gif after the release.

Now this would mean a heck of ALOT of various "original" textures out there but then we would all have a choice, we would get CM2 sooner because no time would have to be spent on textures, just the 3D models themselves.

Hey we/they are all going to Mod the BTS original textures in CM2 anyway so why not just release Grey models and let the mods flow freely there after? smile.gif

-tom w

[This message has been edited by aka_tom_w (edited 11-03-2000).]

Hunter,

About combining everything into one zip file....

That would be too large a file, would not even fit on my hosted web space. I only have 30 Meg and have to be very careful about what mods I personally have for download. I'll never have too many. I request most mod authors to find a home elsewhere while I create a page for it with compare shots and pointers to its location.

Not saying I don't mind hosting a mod on its initial release so people can get the mod as soon as possible, but I always request/beg the author to keep searching for a good big ftp server some place. Sooner or later it will disappear from my site. House cleaning smile.gif

I wish I could find a person with lots of storage somewhere who would volunteer. I'll even do them a web page located on their site which will list all the mods for easy access for folks, keeping it up to date as time passes, keeping their time free. Advertisement banners and so on would be acceptable on that one page (but not on my site).

Volunteers?

------------------

Garry Kump

Kump's CM Outpost

I can use virutally unlimited harddisk web storage space on My web and ftp server and have slow but unlimited bandwidth.

So I'm happy to post and or host these large files. If they are Zipped up and sent to me ready to post.

FTP hosting of large files is No problem.

Stay in Touch ok ?

-tom w

Guest Germanboy

Magua, if I could nominate a single mod that has transformed the CM experience for me it would be yours. Extremely good job.

------------------

Andreas

<a href="http://www.geocities.com/greg_mudry/sturm.html">Der Kessel</a >

Home of „Die Sturmgruppe“; Scenario Design Group for Combat Mission.

[This message has been edited by Germanboy (edited 11-03-2000).]

After those killer first buildings he made, I'll download and install anything this guy makes, sight unseen. The quality and attention to detail just oozes from his work. I must second Germanboy here, it's the single best mod I've ever installed for CM. It really makes the whole game better. Great work.

DeanCo--

Excellent work Kump! I wanted to find a way to organize my Mods (over 300 meg!). This becomes important when you have a pile of Terrain Mods and some are subdued and photo realistic (You, Tom and Magua are these).

Thanks for The website and keep up the work!

------------------

Sticks and stones may break my . . OUCH! Hey! Who threw . . .Stop! STOP IT!

Frenchy,

There were links on my site to take you to Magua's Building mods which then provides a link to the Belgian CM site. Sorry if it wasn't very intuitive. If you just hit the "Mods" sidebar and followed terrain mods down, I think you would have been okay.

PS: Or just hit the axis button "mod list" and you would have been taken to the terrain mod list where it list Magua's mods. Sorry for any confusion.

But let me stop the blah-blah and just give you the url

Belgian Combat Mission Site

Magua mods are exceptional. He has delivered and we reap the rewards. Exceptional!

------------------

Garry Kump

Kump's CM Outpost

[This message has been edited by kump (edited 11-04-2000).]

I was just wondering....

Do Magua's building mods look good WITHOUT Gunslinger's Terrain Mods? (I don't really like his terrain, no offense to him though)

My connection is very slow and I'd want to find out before I download.

If anyone can put a few screenshots of Magua's buildings w/out Gunslinger's mods it would be greatly appreciated.