We want the patch for the weekend

Oh yes please,and release CM2 and maybe the first half of CM3 by tomorrow.That would be great,OK.

Seriously,I seem to have read somewhere that the patch would take some time longer,mainly because there is a lot of people who have requested that you should be able to run with your 150mm infguns.

G-D

I can definitely say with Charles on vacation, there is NO way 1.03 will be out this weekend.

Rune

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jpinard:

Can you please release the patch and update mods by Friday so we can have them for the weekend?

Thank you.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ghost Dog:

(snip)mainly because there is a lot of people who have requested that you should be able to run with your 150mm infguns.

G-D<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You've got it all wrong Ghost Dog - it is taking so long because of the calls to enable German squads to run with Kitchen Sinks Sdkfz.123456 Ausf.27B-6 ®, to skip HE rounds into the skirts of French maidens and to have a special firing squad for smilies. You sad excuse for a grog, you...

------------------

Andreas

Hmmm... I waited a conservatively-estimated 32 weekends for the game itself. And I'm new here. There are people here who waited at least twice that for the demo- they were here before there was pichers...

This isn't an "old-timer v. newbie" post (can't be, I'm new), just some perspective. The patch isn't like "due" or even required. How many people have actually encountered a bug that wrecked a game? Or a "bug" in the true sense of the word, at all? It's too bad they even call it a "patch".

I know there are some bugs somewhere, but they just haven't been much of a factor in my CM life (I'm quite able to wreck my own forces). It's tremendous that BTS feels enough involvement to keep coding even better stuff. Their history is that when they finally release something, it's good. Damn good.

Bugs smugs, the games rocks now as it is. It may not be perfect but damn people, we sure waited a long time for the release, so why whine about the patch? It'll be here before long. rolleyes.gif

I'm with you guys....Unless the patch was to include TCP/IP they can take as long as they want to release it. The game is so enjoyable now that I am in no rush for other features...I'm still getting used to the ones I have now.

------------------

"To conquer death you only have to die" JC

Guest Germanboy

Just play really challenging battles with infantry. The patch is for treadheads only anyway. Who cares if tanks target crews? Who needs tanks? Damn those tanks, they blow up as soon as you move them. What have tanks ever done for me? The PBI rules.

------------------

Andreas

Geez a lot of angry people here.

Mad Matt teased about Big Ass Update #2, then went back after making us all salivate, and said, well we're not going to release it quite yet...

So I feel as if don't want to play the game until at least that update comes out, as I'll feel I'm missing something if I play in the interum. If both parties had not hinted at "forthcoming" releases I would not have posted such a message.

With this TCP/IP, will they make some sort of matchmaking server? Or will we be on our own to make games (perhaps they can at least set up a message board?). Would be cool if forces could be split up (one allied player gets some troops, the other gets the rest). But hey, the game is awsome and who the hell needs that anyway.

------------------

-GhostAgent

Guest Madmatt

Sorry to entice so much, but as a webmaster, it is my JOB to get you to come back you know!

Yes 1.03 has allot of changes, but since Charles is away and the testers are busy hammering away I think its going to be a little while yet before 1.03 comes out. DO I know the EXACT DATE? Nope But I wouldn't count on this weekend.

Go and play it, don't wait for us! wink.gif

Madmatt

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

CMHQ-Annex, The Alternative side of Combat Mission

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex

Proud members of the Combat Mission WebRing

Who's Mr. Peng? Does he hate smily faces? :)

I've just seen several snide posts, especially one where a newbie posted a question, and he got trounced and screamed at because the quesiton had been answered several weeks ago. To make this community grow, the veterans that have been around need to have more patience with newbies. Oh well. That's why I made the comment about hostile people...

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jpinard:

Can you please release the patch and update mods by Friday so we can have them for the weekend?

Thank you.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

We?????You have a mouse in your pocket?

Relax.....chant......chill, but please stop whining. It's really not that becoming. It will be released when it's released, until then enjoy the game.

Guest Big Time Software

OK folks, this one probably should be locked up in case Mr. Peng comes in for a visit smile.gif

As others have stated, Charles is away so 1.03 will not be uploaded for this weekend.

Steve