possible purchase screen enhancement

Mace

Would it be possible to color the text of any Unit in the 'Available' list where its purchase price either exceeds the total cost, or the cost of the category to which it belongs?

eg. say you have 500 points total, 400 in Infantry (and of which 302 is spent).

An Infantry unit that costs 99 points to purchase would be red (whatever), while one for 97 would remain white!

Same for the other categories, or where unit purchase would exceed the total cost!

btw, this would assist nongs like me who can't add and subtract (which is a worry really because I'm a business analyst in real life)!

Mace

I like that idea. I also like KIA’s idea. Perhaps there could be a way to toggle between the way it is now and the target cost. After highlighting a unit a little more info on the bottom of the screen would be nice i.e. ammo load.

I like this idea a lot. Seems easy to do too, but then again I'm no expert. I'd also like to suggest a logical order to the units. Basically, highest priced units on top with exception to different versions of each unit grouped together (i.e. Shermans) Can someone do this?

Also, what about having a feature in unit selection where if you hit return when unit is highlighted, it shows you the detail screen just like in turn play. That way, every bit of data about unit can be reviewed before purchase.

------------------

Everything in moderation...except CM.

Something I'd also love to see is a breakdown of where your points would be going for infantry purchases. For instance, say your nice infantry company is 500 pts and you've got 600 pts to spend on infantry. Happy day! But wait, curses, 150 of that 500 pt cost went into support, which exceeds your miserly 100 pt support budget.

Yes, this is a really picky nitpick, since it doesn't take a lot of work to figure it out, but hey, I can be as picky as the next guy wink.gif

------------------

Soy super bien, soy super super bien, soy bien bien super bien bien bien super super.

Guest Michael emrys

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Colonel_Deadmarsh:

Also, what about having a feature in unit selection where if you hit return when unit is highlighted, it shows you the detail screen just like in turn play. That way, every bit of data about unit can be reviewed before purchase.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Same thought occurred to me too. Any chance of getting this implemented?

Michael

Also, how about a 'cancel' button? Sometimes I get into the purchase screen and see I've screwed something up, and need to get back...but can't. I know this sounds pretty dumb and pickey, but it wouldn't be hard to code at all, and it could help for that rare occasion when you need to go back and change something.

Yeah, you're right, Basebal351, there's a "point of no return", isn't there. I think it's after the map is generated, which makes me think it might not be that easy to fix in a patch. But, what do I know. Anyway, there are some good ideas here which could make CM that hundreth of a percentage point better than it is now.

DeanCo--