The next game you will buy after CM

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by General_Petrovsky:

well how are these other games compared to CM? Are any of them better or at least comparable? If so which ones??<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Better? Maybe, but unlikely.

Camparable? No way.

CM is something new. There is nothing to compare it to except other wargames, and that just isn't fair to the other wargames.

Jeff Heidman

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will Arcanum be a better RPG than CM?

Yeah, I hope so.

Will Black and White be a better god game? Almost certainly.

Will Red Faction be a better FPS?

Yep.

Will I still play CM when I want a wargame?

Betcher ass.

Like Jeff said, there's not really anything out there right now that's comparable to CM.

------------------

Soy super bien, soy super super bien, soy bien bien super bien bien bien super super.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chupacabra:

Unfortunately for my wallet, it's usually my binge drinking urge that goes with my gambling urge.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is why Vegas thrives, Free booze + gambling = empty wallet.

------------------

Veni, vidi, panzerschrecki

Aside from CM2, of course...

I'm anxiously awaiting Shrapnel's ALL AMERICAN: 82ND AIRBORNE IN NORMANDY (sequel to 101ST AB IN N.). Think of it as the realistic alternative to the upcoming SQUAD LEADER computer game.

I'm also looking forward to STARFLEET COMMAND 2 and FALLOUT TACTICS. Both look good, and look to build on proven quality.

I've started playing BG2, and it is every bit as good as BG1. Possibly better. Certainly prettier.

Martyr

Hey guys. The next PC game I buy is probably Neverwinter nights. I have covert ops and while I just paid 19.95 the day it came out at Software Etc. it was still a little lacking. I only play RB6 games on a LAN though so the missions were worth it. The jungle mission is absolutely awesome. Anyways I also own BGII and it is a much darker game with a lot more options. Still D&D feels a little behind the times for me and my anime addictions (Princess Mononoke baby!). D&D is probably more realistic (for a fantasy game) but I prefer style and damnit if I put a cloak on I want to see it. They just don't let you look cool. Anyways I am ranting. If you want truly good experiences I suggest Dues Ex highly!!!!!!! It is an RPG not a FPS. It is really great. Also if you want to get a great game for $9.00 just pick up SHOGO. Really good. Of course all this is moot because I will be playing CM and my new PS2 and Final Fantasy 9 and wondering if sleep will ever come to me again. (Is there a video game anonymous because I need it bad!)

I just Bought CFS2: pacific today.

Playing the Steel Beasts demo ( will most likely buy it soon)

Tribes2 ? bet your ass I'm in on that one. Been a Tribes player from way back.

Lorak

------------------

"Do not wait to strike till the iron is hot; but make it hot by striking."--William Butler Yeats

Cesspool

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Banshee:

This is why Vegas thrives, Free booze + gambling = empty wallet.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The beers are only free if you win. They usually cost me about 40 bucks each.

Otherwise, I'd like to second the TF2 choice. Who knows when it will come out, we've been waiting almost two years, but when it does it will be awesome.

I am saving for CM2 why buy anthing else?

------------------

Fight for your right!To play CM!:)

Join the Canadain CMMC today Email me at <A HREF="mailto:Robisme_ca@home.com

Rob">Robisme_ca@home.com

Rob</A>

Guest *Captain Foobar*

I kind of want to but Motocross Madness 2. I liked the original, and every time I get my butt stomped in CM, its nice to blow off the steam doing incredibly dangerous bike maneuvers from the safety of my chair.

Probably the Op Art of War "Everything Pak" (can't remember it's name), or Bradley's upcoming turn-based CRPG ("Wizards and Lizards" or something...)for me.

Just can't stomach *real time* stuff.

And, BTW, when is Meier's next take on Civilization due out?

- Old Dog

Guest *Captain Foobar*

For those of you who even moderately enjoy ww2 flight sims, you had better follow the progress of this game. It looks severely neeto.

(Thanks to Jason, of CMHQ canada for the tip)

http://www.gamecenter.com/Pc/Previews/Bob/ss01.html

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Elijah Meeks: SturmTiger!

Blah blah blah rarity, blah blah blah.

SturmTiger SturmTiger SturmTiger!!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>