If you support BTS and CM : READ THIS PLEASE

Won't Copy!

(had about three requests,turned all down)

I don't get some people.They'll spend about

200$ or more a month eating at Taco Bell!

but they whine about buying a computer game

for 50$

(shrugs shoulders)

Pre-Ordered in December

------------------

It is no disgrace to be defeated...It is a disgrace to be surprised.

-attr.to Fredrick the Great-

[This message has been edited by mch (edited 04-12-2000).]

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DrD:

Pre-ordered 2 copies. I don't ever pirate software although I do have a burner. I am not a thief. I also don't steal towels from hotels, etc. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Preordered, and will not copy. But I do steal towels from hotels smile.gif

Björn Elfström

Ahahahaha!!! I've preordered and I'm going to sell bootlegged copies of CM to everyone who wants it!!! If you haven't preordered don't!! Contact me!!! I'll hook you up for half the price or less!! You're all in trouble now!! For every copy you buy I will give away 2! No one will have to buy it! Everyone will download it from me! Screw the honor system!!!

Everything I just said was absolutly not true. Please disregard it. I have preordered and wouldn't pirate if I could.

------------------

Visit my webpage!

http://cm4mac.tripod.com

Guest KwazyDog

Heheh, Little Helpers, that means battlefront must be Santas workshop wink.gif

Oh, and thus Charles must be Santa, and Steve, ermmmm...who are you Steve smile.gif ?

PL --

(1) Wholeheartedly agree with the piracy issue. (It never ceases to amaze me that people consider software free to use just because they can duplicate it. mad.gif They don't call it piracy without reason! )

(2) The first or second day preordering was available...I did! biggrin.gif

Later,

Steve C.

Guest KwazyDog

Oh, and of course I agree to the principle of the tread. ANYONE whom is interested in wargame and copies CM are not only hurting themselves and they interests.

Guest Captain Foobar

Pre-ordered in December. IIRC

Drooling ever since. smile.gif

No duplicating here, and I think Ive sold 4 copies.

( BTW, all the people I have converted have NEVER owned a serious wargame. They are 1st person shooter teenage types who have come over from the dark side!! CM RoKs DooDz)

ON TOPIC ON TOPIC ON TOPIC biggrin.gif

I agree with everyone else. I'm pre-ordering two copies - one for the desktop and one for the laptop.

Making pirate dupes for others is just a sure way to make certain there are few, if any, future variants.

However, I think it might be a good idea for BTS to throw in a CD with the Gold Demo on it, so we who pre-order have something we can hand to others to try on their own.

I have mentioned CM and the demo to several people, all of whom have regular 56K modems. They all balk pretty seriously at the thought of two or more hours of download time for the demo. I would certainly appreciate an easier way of spreading the word!

Though I will definitely buy the game I have not preordered because since I first considered it my card has expired twice! I'll order when it's done, you know..."it's done when it's done"

I have a CD burner and plan to make lots of copies.....of the gold demo biggrin.gif

------------------

"Heaven sent and hell bent

Over the mountain tops we go

Just like all the other GI Joes

EE-AY-EE-AY adios!"

Pre-ordered, and will not copy (of course).

I reckon anybody really interested in playing CM is not the kind of schmuck that goes around pirating software, so I wouldn't worry too much.

By the way, I'm surprised at the number here who have NOT pre-ordered. What gives?

BTS: could you change the title of all those members posting here who have already pre-ordered CM from "Member" to "Cool Member"?

Just my Canadian $0.03

[This message has been edited by Hundminen (edited 04-11-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Marty:

However, I think it might be a good idea for BTS to throw in a CD with the Gold Demo on it, so we who pre-order have something we can hand to others to try on their own.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats a damn good idea marty.

I but I think it would be a wee bit to pricy to throw in a CD with just 30 megs of demo on it so you can give it to your friends.

But then again, you never know what kind of sales that might generate.

------------------

Better to make the wrong decision than be the sorry son of a bitch to scared to make one at all