How Many Units Can You Have???

Perhaps you need to be taught a lesson on how to use a forum in a sociable and constructive way-------the first part of your post is a constructive question--but the second part is totally unnecessary, puerile, pointless and non-productive bluster.

Now, now, pelt, be nice....

As to 10 Tigers, I just constructed a scenario where 10 Tigers face 10 Giant Shermans (or whatever they're called) over a river with no other terrain or flora. It's quick-draw time, and totally unbalanced, as the Shermans' ammo bounces off the front of the Tigers while the Tigers slaughter them. Guess you grognards could have told me that....!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JOCHEN PEIPER:

I just want a really powerful "KAMPFGRUPPE" to teach the allies a lesson in combat...

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You mean like "how to call in multiple arty batteries on an armor column" or how about "The effects of airstrikes on an armor column"

OK, n the interest of FAIRNESS I must come to JP's defense here. I (and many others on this forum) don't agree with most of the things he's posted in other threads, but that doesn't give anyone license to jump all over him when he asks a NORMAL, GAME RELATED QUESTION.

I, for one, find no offense whatever in his original post in this thread. I find little difference between the "teach the allies a lesson in combat..." and half the taunts written by many other posters to each other. Had he said he wanted a powerful kampfgruppe to slaughter his enemies with, then that is something altogether different.

Also, has anyone considered how this sort of thing looks to a new member of the forum who doesn't know all the personalities and past posts?

Just my $0.02!

------------------

"Belly to belly and everything's better" - Russian proverb ;)

Look back into the topic threads for the last couple of days, Intel, and you'll also find a couple with a padlock. One thread was started up with a post by Jochen with the following quote:

"I WANT TO RE-CREATE THE MALMEDY MASACRE..."

Ahhhhh......yeah.

To his initial "kampfgruppe" comment, I don't have any real problem. But with Jochen's follow-ons here, and his comments at the other padlocked topics like the quote provided just now, I'm detecting a "pattern" here that deserves scrutiny.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>

I just want a really powerful "KAMPFGRUPPE" to teach the allies a lesson in combat...

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry, Peiper, you can't shoot prisoners in this game.

------------------

Will

---

"The truly great thing is not to lose your nerve." --Unknown.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JOCHEN PEIPER:

In the biggest of scenarios lets say, how many tanks can you have... around 10 TIGERS or is that too much...

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I had a battalion of infantry along with about 20 tanks.

So yes, 10 tigers and a plenty of supporting infantry isn't even

very much.

F#CK, you americans are so touchy...

You take everything so seriously, and you always butt-into where your not wanted...

E.g. Vietnam, Korea Should I keep going...

And for all those in the past discussions who actually took a shot at my Grandfather who is dead and cant defend himself... take a look at your history...

OH YEAH! everyone remembers the holochaust, 6 million jews murdered...

BUT does anyone know that over 50 MILLION people have died under COMMUNISM, NO.

Thats right protect your own interests and hush up your allies mistakes..

THATS WHAT AMERICANS ARE GOOD AT.

Jochen a small reminder

Excerpt from the board regulation

The major rules are as follows:

1. No Flaming and/or Baiting. If you have a strong opinion, that is fine. But express it in such a way that is non-abusive and not emotionally charged. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately by email. We like to think our gamers are mature, rational people. Please help us keep this opinion of you!

2. No foul language. Standard decency request here. If people ignore this we do have the technology to block any word we want from being posted. Try and keep us from flipping the "censor" switch, will ya? We don't really want to use it.

or this one will be lock up I bet

you my 0.02 € on that !

------------------

Nicolas

"Deux intellectuels assis vont moins loin qu'une brute qui marche"

Un Taxi Pour Tobrouk

Guest Mirage2k

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>F#CK, you americans are so touchy...

You take everything so seriously, and you always butt-into where your not wanted...

E.g. Vietnam, Korea Should I keep going...

And for all those in the past discussions who actually took a shot at my Grandfather who is dead and cant defend himself... take a look at your history...

OH YEAH! everyone remembers the holochaust, 6 million jews murdered...

BUT does anyone know that over 50 MILLION people have died under COMMUNISM, NO.

Thats right protect your own interests and hush up your allies mistakes..

THATS WHAT AMERICANS ARE GOOD AT.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow. Just some helpful advice, JP: while I don't necessarily think that it's right for everyone to have jumped on you in this thread, responses like these won't earn you any brownie points with the rest of the forum. If you want to get respect, you have to give a little. Shouted rants at how stupid Americans are (BTW, how do you KNOW those people were American? A lot of nationalities frequent this board.) is not the way to go if you want to be part of an intelligent discussion.

The Korea comment kind of threw me. I'm pretty sure that when the North Koreans were throwing the Southern army back to Pusan, the ROK was grateful for any help it recieved. Not to mention that, technically, the Korean conflict was a UN operation.

As for your grandfather: I don't know the guy, and I don't know what he did in the SS. So I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and not comment further on it.

And I should HOPE American is good at protecting its own interests. Nations that aren't usually don't last very long as a world power.

Let's just simmer down, people.

-Andrew

PS: I am American, just so you know.

------------------

Throw me a frickin' smiley, people!

Your one-stop-shop for gaming news is www.SiegersPost.com ! Hit it!

[This message has been edited by Mirage2k (edited 07-28-2000).]

Guest Rob/1

Not to ofend anyone but um is this realy that inportant I mean wait to get the game them almost all you questions and dreams will come true because hay we all know CM is the best right!I have has up to what was it six battlens on the set up screen at one time! smile.gif

------------------

Check out my CM web page!

www.geocities.com/robisme_ca/Combat1.html

Guest Rollstoy

Are there a lot of architecture students in Australia, too. In Austria it is quite a fashionable degree and too many people start it (there are no restrictions, grade-wise and no university fees). Afterwards they have huge troubles finding a job since there are too many of them! It is really a sad situation, especially since the average duration of the architecture studies in Vienna is 8 years!

How come you live in Australia when your Grandfather was in the Wehrmach, by the way?!