Any record for kills?

Is there a record for amounts of men killed by a single unit in a single battle? I was just wondering because I am in a PBEM right now and I have a single squad that has taken out 54 Americans all by himself in the space of a few minutes. There are still a few survivors, so I will post the screenshot of the kills when they all die or the game is over.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by howardb:

I had some evil FJ take out 44 infantry + a sherm and a HT and to top it off that team didn't lose a single man. Crazy luck I'll say.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, but just wait 'til Nuremburg... biggrin.gif

------------------

Sounds like 100% weapons-grade bolonium to me.

While defending against the AI, I had a platoon of regular American infantry supported by an M3 halftrack wipe out a company of FJ (and assorted support teams) while only losing about 10 men. All three squads had in the low 20s on kills, and the M3 had 27. Considering the Sherman 105 nearby had 28 kills, and my 57mm AT gun popped two StuGs, it was not a good day for the FJs.

I had a FJ Squad in a QB take out 54 Brit Inf 2 brens & a Sherman III, the next closest squads in the zug were 43 and 38 inf casualties + couple soft skins etc, their was literaly bodies & burnt out AFVs all around their positions.

Regards, John Waters

------------------

People who can smile when things go wrong

have found someone else to blame.

My best record is one German infantry platoon (31 men in total strength)scored :

7 kills for the HQ

24 kills for the #1 squad

86 kills for the #2 squad

61 kills for the #3 squad

The total kills for this damn platoon

is : 178

This was happened in a QB with the AI and

AI was the attacker.

------------------

Sgt. Huang

I LOVE my country, but my

government sucks.

Not sure if this is a record, but it's pretty damn impressive for a single *turn*(playing against the AI), and it just happened about 5 minutes ago. Not mentioning the map name, so as to avoid any spoilers.

Sgt. Dunning's Churchill Crocodile rushed to a two story heavy building that housed 7 infanty markers, most of whom hadn't seen much contact yet and were hiding for some reason. He sets the building on fire with the first shot of his flame thrower, then for the next 56 seconds toasted them as they poured out like rats, adding a bit of MG fire and main gun fire to the recipe for good measure. Total dead in one turn: 32 infanty, 2 mortars, with only 1 infantry captured. Not a single enemy unit even tried to target the Croc after the building caught fire.

It was an oddly beautiful thing to watch.