Not So Superbowl thread no.2

I got sick of digging all the time for the original thread, so I'm starting a new one.

How does everything look right now. I'm half way through two games and just starting the third (tss if you read this, I'm waiting). Is our group (A) falling behind? Are any of the groups finished? Can we have an unofficial look at how things stand?

------------------

"Well then private, it must be sh*t. Good thing we didn't step in it."

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jadayne:

Can we have an unofficial look at how things stand?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, I can tell you that in our game nothing much is left standing on your half of the map.

angel2.gif

------------------

Will you trade your Peng for a box of Seanachai?

[This message has been edited by PawBroon (edited 09-29-2000).]

Well I just saw this thread. Things are coming along good so far from some of the groups. I have completed all of my games so others in my group can send me scores now.

There has not been any scores reported from group A so far and only 1 from group B. The other groups have about 50% of their games reported and group D is finished except for Preacher and Pvt.Pike's game.

We are already a month into this with only Oct. remaining to finish the first round so lets get things going.

Is there anybody that has yet to start any games yet? Post them on this thread so we can all rib 'em till they do start.

Keep those scores coming and good luck.

VS

P.S. Def, you just had to buy the Von Shrad special didn't you?

I'm not sure who knows this and who doesn't, so....here goes.

If you "RIGHT CLICK" on this page you'll see on option to "CREATE A SHORTCUT" if you then click this option, a shortcut to this thread will be created on your desktop (works for Windows don't know if Macs have something similar or not).

Then you simply click the shortcut and ........ VIOLA you're here (or any other thread you do this for) with no digging for a 3 month old thread.

This is your WINDERS TIP O DA DAY!

Sledge

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jadayne:

I got sick of digging all the time for the original thread, so I'm starting a new one.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

hey sledge I got a tip there is a button on the CM game called shortcuts if you look there is a combination control-U its for surrender if you click it you'd make my day =)

von lucke pop your five units hiding in the woods and take the hill I have with the flag.

Stuka.. what can I say..better not say anything aside muhahahaha?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mensch:

Stuka.. what can I say..better not say anything aside muhahahaha?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I hope you are laughing at your own inability to command Herr Mensch, remember, one Tiger does not an army make.

You may require the odd infantry man or two and two is about all you'll have left after the pounding they're taking from my arty and AFVs who are all conveniently out of LoS of your "King of the hill" Tiger.

I call upon YOU to surrender..... wink.gif

puha! I laugh in your general direction... here and there from all those infantry bits of yours. you have not scrached me yet not a bit.. still company strong and tiger still fuctioning (although reeking of schnapps).

if you look I think Im holding 70% victory points.. surrender.. I like your aussi humor...

I'm still awaiting your surrender and I throw one on the Barbi for you if you do.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mensch:

if you look I think Im holding 70% victory points<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

HEhe, thats fog of war for you, I'm being told its ME that has victory points in the high 60%, so put that in your pipe and smoke it... biggrin.gif

Well, I'm still active in all my games (can't speak for the others).

Alex and I are now throwing stones at each other and there isn't much time left (he's really trying sneak his last schrek to get my TD - the last one that tried that met Mr. Infantry in the woods).

TED and I are driving around in circles, he in his TD and me in my Panther, trying to get position on each other. Kind of reminds me of Greco-Roman wrestling. His objective may be different however. It's winding down as well ( last 10 minutes of the game).

Brandon - haven't heard from in a while. We're mid-game and if I can take out his TD and M3A1 HT, he'll be defenseless. Of course this presupposes I can rally all of my paniced squads from the woods and buildings...

I fear that they've all chewed me to bits...

well, gaff, meboy, if you'd really like to see more death on my side -bring over that jumbo to have a closer look.

that's it...a little closer

...a little closer...

by the way -anyone heard from tss?

------------------

"Well then private, it must be sh*t. Good thing we didn't step in it."

GroupE:

One game finished.

Sneaky and I have been playing a kind of hide-and-seek. He pops out his Panther and backs up behind some woods, I run a quick slant with my TD across the board and hide. I had one hit on the Panther at 400m and it ricocheted. It makes me a leery to show my turret again. I hate that cat. But a major squeeze play is in effect and we should know by the time I get home whose armor will survive and that will make the difference in the game.

Brandon (Jester) sits up on the Hill looking down on my troops who are sitting in houses guarding the flags. I have a TD left but it’s raining artillery shells like there’s no tomorrow. I’m getting ready for his rush down the hill. About 10min’s left to this game too.

Hey Hendrix, Brandon goes to the U of Pa. Maybe he’s wasting his time preparing for his future instead of playing CM. The nerve.

TED,

Yeah, the nerve of some people...preparing for your future when a battle is waiting.

Oh, and feel free to squeeze right on up the hill with the TD. Your troops rushing the two story and moving along the valley should protect him pretty well...

I did see your richochet on the panther. I lucked out there. 30 seconds on the next turn though and your TD would have been flamed. Lucky for you, you popped him around the woods for some smoke action in preparation for your current assault. Of course there could be a few schrecks hanging out in your path (or even to the side) as well as the panther, but I'm not saying...

It's interesting though. I think Brandon enjoys arty. He's been peppering me all game long. But now, it's a 2 inch in the woods to my right. Looks like he ran out of off-map (I hope). Now, if he'd just poke his little squads heads out somewhere, I'd be happy...

Sneaky

Hi there fellow contestants. Group D has finished their games and the final scores are posted below.

Group D:

Cubes 26

Preacher 29

Melloj 66.3

Pvt. Pike *** 74.6 ***

D1 *Cubes 29 vs. Preacher 71

D2 *Cubes 24 vs. Melloj 76

D3 *Cubes 25 vs. Pvt.Pike 75

D4 *Melloj 95 vs. Preacher 5

D5 *Melloj 28 vs. Pvt.Pike 62

D6 *Preacher 13 vs. Pvt.Pike 87

Congratulations Pvt.Pike. You have proved yourself worthy to advance to the second round. Good job. smile.gif

Also there have been some confusion as to where to send the scores. My e-mail is stuka@jcn1.com and all game related e-mails should be sent there. The PLAYER Stuka has been receiving several of the mis-directed e-mails so send them to me(von shrad) and not him.

There are many games still in progress and most in the last stages. However, it appears that there are a couple of games sitting idle. Are there any players that are not receiving turns from an opponent? If so please E-mail me with their forum names and game number so I can try to get in touch with them because we are running out of time for the first round to be completed. (end of Oct.)

Lastly, to the players that didn't advance;

You'll get 'em next time. I plan on doing another tourney after this is finished that will allow more people to participate.

Von Shrad