TAKING THE BLOODY PENG THREAD DOWNUNDER

Mace

A new trend in the Thread...

I would like to thank Andreas for being German.

I know it is quite an underachievement but it's cool to have someone to kick when you don't feel like being rude to the dogs.

If it weren't for the likes of GerbilPloy we would all be playing Napoleonics and nobody wants to learn about french warfare.

Thanks then...

------------------

Here it is with MIME encoding, because you're french...

Chrisl on PBEM

• Replies 986
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by David Aitken:

I would just like to thank Andreas for correcting the Commissar's technique as the latter joined in the mob bludgeoning me with verbal sticks and other hypothetical hard objects over in the US vs. Russia thread. I shall now proceed to run away and cry.

David

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

David - FWIW, I am with you on the issue, but I see little point in getting involved. I also believe in 'If they can not spell it, they most likely have no clue what it means', and therefore proceeded to enlighten Commissar, so that he may find it in a dictionary. Since I am a bit cynical about the ability of humanity to improve itself by means of learning, I shall now post a definition of the word taken straight from www.dictionary.com in the thread.

Don't let them get to you, but relax in the knowledge that BTS is with you. And the Peng thread (minus jshandorf) is cheering you on.

You rock Croda.

Have a nice day all.

------------------

Andreas

<a href="http://www.geocities.com/greg_mudry/sturm.html">Der Kessel</a >

Home of „Die Sturmgruppe“; Scenario Design Group for Combat Mission.

[This message has been edited by Germanboy (edited 12-11-2000).]

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jshandorf:

And hey Mr.(English is my second language) Gerbilboy climb off the friggin' white horse you just pranced in on or else I will feel the need to topple yo' ass.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

First I would like to thank all those who just thanked me for being a generally great guy, rescuer of the oppressed and source of much wisdom on this board, out to making a real difference to better peoples' lives, and that includes you Hiram. I know you did not say it in as many words, but we all know that is what you meant.

Now - Hiram, a couple of pages back (not that long ago, actually) I posted something finally acknowledging you for more than just a water-filled bag. I believe it went along the lines of 'you are a funny man, and I mean that'. Which is to say that you crack me up, and I know that your whole being craved nothing more than this acknowledgment by me. You are indeed welcome. If you still want to play me, send me a set-up, I finished a few games, and I will be able to deal with you shortly (weekend, most likely).

Jshandorf (if I may call you that) - if you think that it was a white horse here, go back to the thread in question. Apart from that, you may challenge me, but you will have to get in line. As for my second language - I use this thread to better it when I am not busy educating myself through books (you know, the things made from paper with the black thingies crawling in them that don't make sense to you).

SquawBroom - I will forward you a funny story about a farmer, a MacDonalds and Millau tomorrow. I like France, and the attitude of the French. Unfortunately the former is full of the latter, and their attitudes are held by them. Oh well, we may wish for perfect world, but instead we get one with your lot in it. Fate is indeed a cruel master.

------------------

Andreas

It is too late! I am mortally wounded! I have effected my escape from the US vs. Russia thread, but I fear my efforts shall have been in vain!

Hmmm... this emotional blackmail thing has potential.

Anyway, it's rather amusing to voice one's objections to a proposed addition to CM and wait for the flames to roll in. It's one of the few ways you can get into a fight here without starting it.

------------------

Also I would just like to say to David that your as thick headed as a pull of stout. – jshandorf

Update time, and I'd like to thank all of my current victims for making my initial foray into the wonderful world of PBEM painless through your woefully inadequate play. - Winning (or at least not losing) in all games.

Croda - One Mark IV away from a mop-up operation. My inner Croda has been completely exorcised, and banished to the smoking pit of hell from whence it came. The rest of Croda's troops to follow soon.

PeterNZ - Old Tommai was doing a pretty good job, until the last two turns:

"Attention to orders: The Secretary of the Army and the President of the United States hereby award the Silver Star to Cpl. Iam SheepSlayer for valor above and beyond the call of duty. On the night of March 12, 1945, in action against the Hun Bastards, Cpl. SheepSlayer, a bazooka gunner in Echo Co., 3/335, 85th Div. did, in the face of withering enemy fire, engage and destroy two (soon to be three) enemy armored vehicles in the space of two minutes time. By his valor and expert marksmanship, Cpl. SheepSlayer turned the tide of the battle, and saved the digital lives of countless American soldiers."

JDmorse - Still sparing in the fog; Morse is minus one Mark IV. Told you that Hellcat Commander was fine Lawyer boy.

Jshaddorf - Its called fire and maneuver, not charge into Bastard Shandorf's guns because he is bored. With regard to my "obvious bound points" A train steaming down the tracks is obvious, but that doesn't help the car stalled in the crossing. If its so obvious, do something about it (other than your pathetic arty. interdiction, which only managed to annoy my heroic Yanks).

Nijis - Been away for a while, I hope the shock of coming back to the shellacking he is getting in our game isn't too much for his feeble little brain. A beautiful site to behold: an entire infantry company attacking one platoon from two directions at less than 40 meters, while two American tanks are lined up for the kill like ducks in a shooting gallery.

Hiram - Shelling his lads in the woods. About all so far.

Ol' poxy haided dalem - Early in the game, but victory of the righteous is assured. I should draw first blood: his Mark II is about go BOOM.

DKNY - Waiting for his attack is like waiting for Heinz catsup to pour out of the bottle, but it will be worth it when crush his troops like ripe tomatoes.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Elvis:

Cowards...all of you..nothing but cowards. Your kind really makes me sick.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll take some of that action, but only if its against the old, fat, drug addled Elvis with disco collars. Send me your worst.

------------------

…Elvis is everywhere,

Elvis is everything,

Elvis is everybody,

Elvis is still the King… - S. Roper & M. Nixon

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Hiram Sedai:

I'm next

I would like to thank Andreas for helping me realize my potential as a newbie. He has pointed out, time and again that I am really not worthy to post here and simply am wasting his time by forcing him to read my juvenile ramblings.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh, no Hiram, that's not true at all! Andreas recently commented that he actually did like you. It was something along the lines of you made him think of 'the pet he never had as a child', I believe. Or maybe it was 'the pet that died'. Anyway, I think he's quite pleased with your existence, as are we all. Now be a good lad and stop stealing your material from the Simpsons. One of your recent taunts was actually quite nice, in a not nice way.

------------------

Tremble, tyrants and you perfidious opprobrium of all the parties,

Tremblez! your parricidal projects finally will receive their prices!

But these sanguinary despots, But these accomplices of Berli,

All these tigers which, without pity, Bauhaus the centre of their mother!

We will enter the career When our elder is not there any more,

We will find there their dust And the trace of their virtues

[This message has been edited by Seanachai (edited 12-11-2000).]

Guest Germanboy

Finally.. I game with the "enlightened" one. tongue.gif

Jeff<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Who's that then?

------------------

Andreas

Finally.. I game with the "enlightened" one. tongue.gif

Jeff<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Germanboy:

Who's that then?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That would be me, I imagine. The rest of you will have to incarnate again, most likely as rodents and insects. Joffrey may not be sober enough to realize he and I are already playing a game.

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Seanachai:

Oh, no Hiram, here is another doily I wish to toss..."<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ROIGHT!! How about a bit of a sing song then:

My sponsor is Seanachai

He doesn't have a flaw

You might wonder why

I make his armor die

His troops are poorly led

and will soon be dead

(sing this to a conga beat)

------------------

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction. - Blaise Pascal

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Germanboy:

Who's that then?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh quit being coy! You know I mock you, man! Mock! Mock! Mock! PFTTHFP!

Now Die A Lot Soon!

Jeff

------------------

----------------

I once killed a six pack just to watch it die.

ROIGHT!! How about a bit of a sing song then:

My sponsor is Seanachai

He doesn't have a flaw

You might wonder why

I make his armor die

and will soon be dead

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I did.. and it still sucked. Sorry 'bout that but we all suck every now and then.

That's a good chap! Chin up! Right, now piss off.

Jeff

------------------

----------------

I once killed a six pack just to watch it die.

ROIGHT! How about a bit of a sing song then:

My sponsor is Seanachai

He doesn't have a flaw

You might wonder why

I make his armor die

and will soon be dead

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hiram, refrain from experimenting with Vogon poetry. In fact, refrain from experimenting with any kind of poetry, libretto, lyrics, or even limericks. Do not sing. Do not recite. Taunt. You have a chance, there. Apparently if it involves verse, you are as the beasts that perish. I am still shuddering, my vision has not returned to normal, and I may be bleeding internally after reading your attempt at song. I will say nice things about you, even here in the Peng Challenge Thread, if you write no more verse.

------------------

Lorak!

I have enacted a mighty draw upon Speedy.

It was a bloody fight, lots of deathy bits all around. Watch out for speedy folks, he does a good impression of loosing then masses a company and sends them running at you out of nowhere. My veteran sturmtruppen held them off for a while, but there was too many! They were all over the place! They're coming outa the walls! Bloody yanks, breed like flies.

Anyway.

It Was Good

PeterNZ

ps. Croda You new sig file! (minus speech marks)

"- WARNING! WARNING! WARNING! WARNING! -

THIS SIG FILE BELONGS TO A COMPLETE FOO.

MR T WOULDN'T BE SO KIND AS TO WRINKLE AN EYEBROW AT THIS UNFORTUNATE BEING. PLEASE OFFER HIS PARENTS AND COHABITANTS ALL SYMPATHY POSSIBLE. MAY BE CONTAGIOUS. CONTAINS ARTIFICIAL SWEETNER, INTELLIGENCE AND WIT. STAND WELL CLEAR AND LIGHT WICK. BY ORDER PETERNZ"

------------------

"I can be quite pleasant, you know" - Andreas

"WHERE'S THE MOAT?!" - Jon

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Marlow:

Ol' poxy haided dalem - Early in the game, but victory of the righteous is assured. I should draw first blood: his Mark II is about go BOOM.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And I'm very glad you've revealed your cowardly long-range TDs by shooting at my skirmish line. Assuming that you have IDd the MkII correctly, I can't think of a better use for it than to draw your fire from greater than 1200m away.

Better call Detroit and order a few more TDs.

(And let me know what dying a whole bunch is like.)

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Seanachai:

Hiram, refrain from making me cry.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bitter about the game, huh? I understand. Want me to sing a litty ditty I've concocted? Its about the Bard who loses alot of armor to a brainless squire.

------------------

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction. - Blaise Pascal

Bitter about the game, huh? I understand. Want me to sing a litty ditty I've concocted? Its about the Bard who loses alot of armor to a brainless squire.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Please, no. Another song of yours and I'm sure internal organs will attempt to escape out my bum while the stunned brain fights a heart-rending but doomed rearguard action. I've had no complaints of you as a Squire, until the songwriting thing. Just say No to further attempts at versification.

I admit you have scored the only kill to date in our PBEM, having rather handily knocked out my Cromwell. It was masterful, truly. Just don't write any more songs. Please. How 'bout those Eagles, eh? What a fine season they're having!

------------------

Always behind the trends, dammit.

(Ahem) I, too, would like to thank Andreas... for dying along with his Veteran troops like a weighted sack of kittens. Now there are two thoughts to put a simile on your face.*

Where is Lorak when you need him?

PeterNZer... if Croda had your luck, he'd find a shiny copper in the chromosome repair kit left unopened in a forgotten drawer. I feel violated, and shabbily dealt with, by your other sneaking tank. A nation that cheats at sailing certainly can't be trusted with AFVs. Damn you from the bottom of my heart.

*American readers, particularly those from the California public system, please note that the above spelling of "simile" is intentional. It's like, ironic, dudes.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mark IV:

.(Ahem) I, too, would like to thank Andreas...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah, thank you Mark IV, for reminding me.

I would like to thank Andreas for his performance in 'Peng Challenge Thread: The Movie'. His portrayal of a world weary, cynical Prussian aristocrat brought tears to my eyes and new pathos to the concept of 'True German™'. Who can forget the scene where he extends the hand of friendship to Aitkin, a failed Scot, or his bitter denunciation of the school systems in every known country, including his own. I laughed, I cried, it almost made me forget Hiram's attempts at songwriting. Critics agree: his English makes everyone but Shandorf forget it's a second language (critics are torn over whether English might be Shandorf's second language).

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by David Aitken:

It is too late! I am mortally wounded! I have effected my escape from the US vs. Russia thread, but I fear my efforts shall have been in vain!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

David, I see you and Heidman were going at it again. A fine man, Heidman, but if God showed up and gave him the ten commandments, he'd toss one out, send two back for revision, and demand three more that weren't part of the original tally. You see a lot of that lately on the main Board.

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Croda:

Stuka - Like you really needed to call in the damned French Navy...

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why yes Crow-Duck, yes I did.

You see it is all part of my fiendish plan to grind you into a paste that I will then apply to the wounds suffered by Sparky the company dachshund. As the paste is made from freshly ground Crodan I can think of no better application for stopping Sparky from licking his stitches.

Youv'e gotta love that 14" arty doncha? Four rounds landed, one went long and three landed where? Right on top of your freekin head thats where!

Oh, I laughed, I cried, I wet me pants...it was just so "sniff"...beautiful.

I count nine Crodan squads lying amidst the rubble!

tee..tee-hee..teehee heh haha, muahahahhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

------------------

Torture you? That...That's a good idea.