On Track Still Steve?

Well Steve, we are entering the last week

or so before the release. Was just wondering

how the duplication process is coming. Any set-backs yets?

Are we still shooting for next week?

I know you guys are taking a break right now, but was curious about the multi-player option/patch. Will it be available this summer and if so will there be a cost for it?

Please keep up the great work!!!

Regards

P.S. any ideas on what type of sports car that Charles is going to buy? He strikes me as a Vet lover?? How about you Steve..... smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RCMP:

I know you guys are taking a break right now, but was curious about the multi-player option/patch. Will it be available this summer and if so will there be a cost for it?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, that is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. Pricing a patch that includes something that was supposed to be in the initial release, but due to time restraints, wasn't??? What other patch(es) have you paid for in the past? And remind me not to buy from that company again. rolleyes.gif

Patches, and driver-updates for that matter, in general is the manufacturing company's way of improving their product over time whether it be due to program bugs or just keeping up with technology. That's like paying for appliance or vehicle repairs while they are still under warranty.

When I buy hardware or software, I expect them to work properly, immediately and over time. I'll be damned if I were to have to pay for a patch or new driver set to bring my software or hardware up to date.

Recently, I have purchased a SoundBlaster Live! X-Gamer sound card with a reprogrammable processor. All you have to do is download the latest version of LiveWare and it updates the card to the latest technology.

Sorry to be a little harsh, but I just shake my head and roll my eyes when I hear people ask, "Will I have to pay for the patch?"

[This message has been edited by Maximus (edited 05-31-2000).]

Guest Big Time Software

A couple of minor delays at the print shop, but all is on track now. We're still shooting for 1-2 weeks to get everything into our warehouse. But we still can't promise a specific day though, unless you can get Murphy's Law repealed. wink.gif

The TCP/IP patch will come within a few months, and will be free.

Charles

Steve,

Problems at the print shop?......Please feel free to send disc now...I can wait for the manual....Charge me triple shipping and handling if you want.

------------------

"Trying to be so bad is bad enough. Don't make me laugh by talking tough."

This is the first post I wish I had not read... I have been counting the days and now I will have to add at least 7. I think I would have rather have not read this and checked my mail box every day knowing that the next day it would be there.

Oh well, i can work on refining my strategies and understanding of the game and its tactics...

Guest MantaRay

I think it is safe to say that with the business practices of BTS and their desire to not be like the "industry," we will not have to pay for a patch. Plus they have worked on this game for a few years w/o taking a dime from anyone, so I think they wont be so worried about nickels and dimes.

I would pay for a patch to make CM1 have the same new features as CM 2, 3 ,4 ,5, 6...blah blah blah.

Ray

------------------

When asked, "How many moves do you see ahead?", CAPABLANCA replied: "One move - the best one."

MantaRays 5 Pages

Hardcore Gamers Daily

What's 2 weeks? Gee thats nothing. See if you can lose 5 pounds by then. this way time will pass quicker smile.gif

Besides running two PBEM games at the same time, (I've got really fast reflexes smile.gif), I bought allegiance for some team internet play.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by iggi:

What's 2 weeks? Gee thats nothing. See if you can lose 5 pounds by then. this way time will pass quicker smile.gif

Besides running two PBEM games at the same time, (I've got really fast reflexes smile.gif), I bought allegiance for some team internet play.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

only 2 games ... you're doggin' it, man. LOL!

go for a sixpack.

------------------

We are both men of action. Lies do not become us. — Westley

Charles,

2 more weeks? Dooooooooohhhhhhhhhhh!

Ok, ok, let me help you out.

By the power vested in me by the, uhhmm, er, well, the Beer Gods, yes that's it. I do hearby repeal Murphy's law for you and any other law that may stand in the way of BTS bringing CM to my door and the doors of all the rest of the faithful. I also do hereby authorize you to take whatever action might be necessary to expidite this process including inventing any new laws that might help aid in the most holy cause of getting CM released. Spare no expense, leave no rock unturned, break all the laws you wish, reinvent quantum mechanics if necessary, just get me my game!!!! biggrin.gif I want my MTV, er, I mean I WANT MY CM. Thank you.

Respectfully Yours,

Mike D

aka Mikester

"2 more weeks? Dooooooooohhhhhhhhhhh!" !!!!!

ROTFL

Very creative Mike!

nice job!

blessed be the speedy delivery of the holy grail of wargaming!

now, bring on the GAME!

-tom w

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mikester:

Charles,

2 more weeks? Dooooooooohhhhhhhhhhh!

Ok, ok, let me help you out.

By the power vested in me by the, uhhmm, er, well, the Beer Gods, yes that's it. I do hearby repeal Murphy's law for you and any other law that may stand in the way of BTS bringing CM to my door and the doors of all the rest of the faithful. I also do hereby authorize you to take whatever action might be necessary to expidite this process including inventing any new laws that might help aid in the most holy cause of getting CM released. Spare no expense, leave no rock unturned, break all the laws you wish, reinvent quantum mechanics if necessary, just get me my game!!!! biggrin.gif I want my MTV, er, I mean I WANT MY CM. Thank you.

Respectfully Yours,

Mike D

aka Mikester<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

uhm... the problem is with the print shop?

well.. i have the sollution... send me the game and email me the manual.. that will do perfectly... ill print out the manual on my own....

or...

send me the manual after it has been printed, but send the game immediately... you have hereby the right to charge me extra shipping costs, no problem with that...

as for murphys law, mikester has said anything necessary :))

so.. did it help?

-- Targetdrone

I don't want to draw attention.... especially from guys with big guns....

.i find it very refreshing that they have had the balls to hold the game back until they knew all bugs where killed .most others makeing games due to release dates and presure from fans release games fully knowing there game is full of bugs.it goes like this game mentioned fans are interested .release date set .game is in the works .bugs found release date approching .fans waiting the release .bugs listed in order of bad to very bad .work on bugs .release day arrives games is sent out with many knowen bugs .fans are happy they have the game . then scream bugs bugs bugs.this type of thing is a common practice in the games industry and i find it very refreshing that all involved have even held the game back for printing details that im guessing may have not been up to scratch.well done to all involved hats off to you

Guest smbutler

Absolutely, Waffen. The wait we have endured will definitely pay off in the long run. The good sense these guys have displayed is a stark contrast to disasterous releases like the first version of EF and Napoleon 1813 frown.gif (I still find myself cursing under my breath about the second, as Empire, A WHORE OF THE MARKET, simply abandoned her bastard mutant without substantial patching). Steve and Charles' discretion proves that they not only care about the quality of their work, but they also care about their customers (devotees?) as well. It's all fine and good to patch things that should have been fixed in the first place, but ultimately it's a pain in the behind.

Now that I've scored some more brownie points, how about nominating me as a beta tester for CM2? smile.gif

[This message has been edited by smbutler (edited 06-02-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Big Time Software:

A couple of minor delays at the print shop, but all is on track now. We're still shooting for 1-2 weeks to get everything into our warehouse. But we still can't promise a specific day though, unless you can get Murphy's Law repealed. wink.gif

The TCP/IP patch will come within a few months, and will be free.

Charles<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Arrrggghhh. To Quote Oddball" I'm gonna go eat some rat poison with a drano chaser !"

-Rookie , Hoping its not a "kesmai" Two weeks