Survey

Was browsing through Cnet downloads one fine day (as you do) and saw this demo with 5 stars or some such. The rest is history.

By the way I got my copy of the game today. I waited at the P.O. at 6am this morning for the earliest possible delivery!

When I first saw the screenshots for this game (when the demo came out) I was like "UGHHH" I thought it was sooo ugly. But a few weeks later (just recently) I was reading at a forum (not this one, cant remember which) and there was soooooo many good posts about this one game. EVERYONE was praising it. So I clicked on the link and low and behold it was that same game. So i decided to download it. Well the rest is history....I fell in love. EVEN though I have always disliked war games.

Strange thing is, before I played the game I thought the graphics sucked. Now that I have played it I think there amazing smile.gif

I guess im too used to First Person Shooter graphics.

Sudden Strike forum. I read a post by 'Patton' who had just bought this game he said it was good. But he also said he wanted to finsh CM in time for the release of Sudden Strike so he could focus on SS????? I now think he's mad.

I also havn't been back to that forum since dicovering this game!!!

I first heard snippets about the game, several months back, in a column in Computer Gaming World. It sounded intriguing then, but very little info on it.

Then a couple of weeks ago, I saw the review on Games Domain. It really sparked my interest. Downloaded the demo... and the rest is history.

Now, all I'm waiting for is CM to arrive in my mailbox. Like everyone else, waiting is definitely the hardest part!

I heard about it off and on for about a year on the TacOps e-mail group. When it finally was released, I immediately bought it THEN d/l the demo. (What's wrong with that picture? <g>). Anyhow, It rocks! Just waiting for v.1.0.whatever. Thouroughly enjoying it so far. Can't wait for continued improvements.

EZ

I was playing some Iron Butterfly backwards one night while ingesting several unknown foreign substances and I kept hearing "Go to battlefront.com, go to battlefront.com" in between the grooves of the vinyl. Oh yeah, the walls were melting or something like that...

Thank you for your patience...

Guest Scott Clinton

Web search on "Squad Leader" ages ago when they were just starting up with AH...God that was a long time ago... smile.gif

------------------

Please note: The above is solely the opinion of 'The Grumbling Grognard' and reflects no one else's views but his own.

I visited the Battlefront site a few years ago after finding a link to it while searching for 3D subject matter on the web. I took a look at the screen shots and shrugged it off and said, "Nah". It was forgotten.

Then about six months ago someone posted on a discussion board, some enthusiastic comments about a very impressive new WWII 3D wargame. I clicked on the link, supplied by the poster, and loaded up the Battlefront website page. I thought, "This looks familiar". For some reason I decided to download the demo and got hooked. Its a great game.

Strat

Found it while looking for Squad Leader stuff on the net. The was a reference to "Computer Squad Leader" and it was "Holy ****, Batman!" That was back in June 98. The following month is when AH was gobbled up by Hasbro and CSL became rechristened CM. I remember some folks bitching about the name but not in a long, long time......

EZJCA:

Member is someone tha has made a certain number of posts (30? 50?)

IIRC = If I Recall (remember) Correctly

VoT = Valley of Trouble scenario in the Gold Demo

No idea what TIA is...