Who ordered the mac version

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Through some miracle (preordered way later than many), I already have mine. BTS mailed Friday, and I got it the following Monday. Maybe it's because I live at a major postal hub, Los Angeles, California.

Here's some good news for all you Mac types. ZDTV just got through with a survey of its viewers on what their next OS would be. Some 21% said "OS X." I don't know about you, but I found that both astonishing and heartening.

Regards,

John Kettler

Well,

I guess I ordered two of the Mac version, or was it two of the PC version, or was it one of each?

My impression is that both versions come on the same CD. It would seem from that, ordering a specific version is more of an accounting item of interest rather than what one you really receive.

Of course, I could be all wet and will be spending a lot of time looking at a useless CM CD - but I wouldn't have the heart to send it back!

smile.gif

I got the "mac version" as well. I initially heard about this game way back in 1998 by reading an announcement about an upcoming Squad Leader game that was going to be coming to the Mac. It was on Mac Gamers Ledge I believe.

PS - Don't think I'm going to have time for "The Sims"

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TexasToast:

Chalk up another Mac user - mobile CM on a new PowerBook G3 - can't wait for wireless TCP/IP play with my new AirPort either.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Another PB G3 user (but a slightly older one-- I don't get nearly the quality of graphics that you will). I originally downloaded the demo because I wanted a game to play when I had to travel for work, and was looking for something "kind of like squad leader". Now I'm addicted.

Talk about "mobile wargamming" here. biggrin.gif

I made a mistake buying CM 99/00 for Mac and I am not sure if I should make another for The Sims.

Still waiting....

If there is TCP/IP gaming within suitable timezone, I am thinking about that Nokia mobile phone PC Card...

Griffin -- too excited to sleep.

------------------

"+" is just the beginning. Expect to see "GriffinCheng76", "GriffinCheng(105)" or "GriffinChengA3E8" more should Forum problems occur again :(

Guest Michael emrys

I ordered the Mac version last fall. Due to a health problem, I wasn't able to get down to my mailbox this week until Thursday morning when there nice as you please it was waiting patiently for me with the poster tube too. Label says that it was mailed last Friday, so it may actually have gotten here Monday or Tuesday.

BTW, Major Holdridge says that 37% of his sales are Mac versions. Wouldn't surprise me if the numbers for CM turn out to be similar. I think Mac users are just more discriminating buyers. biggrin.gif

Michael

Ordered the Mac OS version and of course received the multi-platform CD (nice Panther poster too...). I ordered early on maybe last August when the screen shots started looking very good and the game mechanics looked like they were reasonable and playable. Of course it didn't hurt that this game was developed on a Mac. No regrets!

pford,

You got a poster if you preordered beofre the demo came out (no, I was never exactly clear whether that was the beta or gold demo, I ordered in May of '99 so I got one). It is a seperate package from the game, so theoretically, it could come on a different day.

Oh, another Mac user here, but the game is on a hybrid disk...