I'm outa here.

Negative there Bill, no one's abandoning this position, we hold this ground so that some other poor sob doesn't have to wade thru this crap. We need the true grogs to stick around otherwise this board will degenerate. So get back in your holes!

(Besides, I just called in an airstrike danger close) wink.gif

------------------

Pzvg

"Murphy's law of combat #10, never forget your weapon is made by the lowest bidder

Babra, I had me a bad day. Work (long fruitless hours), a woman (being in love makes me nautious, literally) and then this outrage on the forum, and I too thought of being outta here if a certain person wouldn't be banned.

Well, he's gone and luckily there aren't that many whackos around here.

I don't really know why I'm writing this, but I'd hate to see a contributor to this forum like you leave.

I understand and respect your decision, but I hope you'll reconsider.

Maybe my new Sig will make you smile. At least a little.

------------------

Der ver zwei peanuts, valking down der Strasse, and von vas...assaulted! peanut. Ho-ho-ho-ho.

I am going to leave if some of this junk dosent stop I mean that stuff up today just made me not wont to sleep at night.Well Ill stik aaround for MadMatts and Bills stuff but other than that its just well not worth talking about any more.BTS needs to set up a rule of some kind like if it has nuthing to do with CM it should not be on this forum.

Rob

------------------

Check out my CM web page!

www.geocities.com/robisme_ca/Combat1.html

I feel the same way as you Babra.

I've been around for a long time but I've never actually been offended by anything here.

I've come here almost every day for the last year (I've been around since July '99) but this is just disgusting.

I'm not saying that I'm leaving but I'm pretty close. At least JP's gone now. Maybe things will return to normal.

------------------

And if we abandon any platform, I can assure you it will not be the Macintosh.

-Steve

My website!

Forget leaving Babra, you need R&R ... take Goanna's advice and git your git back to the cesspool where you're among friends and denizens.

Take a taunt at 93-7 Chuppy. That'd brighten anybody's day.

------------------

"Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?" — Oddball

"Crap." — Moriarty

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Formerly Babra:

Been a slice since the old beta days, folks, but the recent trends around here have really soured me. You can ban this troll or that, but this genre is always going to attract whackos. No game is worth this ****.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think this board would be a poorer place without you and I hope you reconsider. You're one of the first people who's name started registering with me back when I was reading the 'CM in Canada yet' thread, and I actually used to sit around hoping it would show up for you guys up there, and checking back each day. The Board has been rather odd lately, but I don't feel it belongs to a few useless and obnoxious people. They will get bored and leave, and the worst offenders will be chucked out. I would hate to see any of the useful people leaving because of the gits.

------------------

After witnessing exceptional bravery from his Celtic mercenaries, Alexander the Great called them to him and asked if there was anything they feared. They told him nothing, except that the sky might fall on their heads.

No game is worth this...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, it is. C'mon, you've been one of the good'uns for a long time now.

It is inevitable that a game with this subject is going to drag in some puerile skinhead dewdz, now that it's public, but they won't be around long.

We get the ones who are too lazy to write graffiti (no cap locks on the spray cans).

Take a few hours off.

frog.gif

Babra,

The discussion board is like any community, you're going to get extreme views on occasion.

However, the majority of people (including yourself) make valuable contributions to the group and make coming to this board a joy, and I (as many others already have) would ask that you reconsider leaving!

Just dont force me to Grovel!

'Sigh'...ok, if I must...Grovel...Grovel!

Mace

Hi 'Babra' et al

Been a slice since the old beta days, folks, but the recent trends around here have really soured me. You can ban this troll or that, but this genre is always going to attract whackos. No game is worth this ****.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I advise you to reconsider as

1. Your contributions to the forum will be sadly missed.

2. This JP character will see this as a victory and we cant let that happen eh ?

3. It is easy thing to simply ignore his (or any one elses)threads and let him do what he does on his ownsome.

Rise above it all mate

Cheers

------------------

Sgt Steiner

Belfast

NI UK

Guest Germanboy

I'm outa here<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No you aren't.

On a serious note though, I would hope you reconsider this. I always enjoyed reading your posts and contributions to the board. I can understand your frustration, and doubtless the amount of purile crap purveyed here has increased recently, yet I believe that the forum community has shown itself to be quite robust when it comes to dealing with this, and the management seems to have the right ideas about where this place should go too. You will always find the whackos, but that is just life I guess. The important thing is to not let them get to you.

Now make your way back to the Pengpool please, I believe people need reminding that Senility lost to Peng and that Chumbawamba established a new low in the history of PBEM results. Off you go.

------------------

Andreas

Babs, old man! You can't be seriously considering abandoning the rest of us here in the face of hostile enemy action?!? What would Big Joe say?

C'mon now! We've stuck it out this far --- why I remember when you were originally Babra!

If we all just packed it in because of some purile lick-spittle's lack of social graces, soon the f**k-wits would take over the board! We owe it to BTS (in return for that fantastic little effort of theirs called CM), to hold the line!

Now have a cuppa over at the CP, draw some more ammo from the QM, and get yr arse back in that hole soldier!

FYI Babra, WB, In case y'all have forgotten, "They shoot deserters y'know mate, now off you go back in your 'oles you lot" biggrin.gif

------------------

Pzvg

"Murphy's law of combat #10, never forget your weapon is made by the lowest bidder

Don't leave, guys. As someone says, that's a victory for JP.

Rememeber the law of the echo. JP got his before this board. One day he will hopefully get his before a large, angry Jew, and some time after that he will get his before God. Don't let this incident ruin the forum.

It would be a shame to see you go, and I think you would be making a mistake if you do. I've been active on many BBSs' over the years and this one here is about as good as it gets. Letting one lamer drive you away isn't a good idea. The world is full of lamers and you just have to have a thick skin and learn to ignore them.

Just because you find a few worm-ridden apples in every barrel doesn't mean you should stop eating apples.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Wild Bill:

Drop the forum. Keep the game...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If everyone took this advice there would be no one left but JOCHEN PIEPER. Where would the CM community be then? What would become of CM2? Besides, I personally cannot imagine playing CM and not coming here. The 2 go hand in hand. If I dropped one I'd have to drop the other.

One idiot does not ruin a whole forum.

Michael

------------------

No, there will be no sequels. Charles and Steve have given up wargame design in disgust and have gone off to Jamaica to invest their new-found wealth in the drug trade. -Michael emrys

[This message has been edited by Vanir (edited 09-04-2000).]

I've got a +2 Command rating and a +2 Morale rating.

Now, get back in your foxhole and wait out this artillery strike!

biggrin.gif

But seriously, in ham radio, we call it signal to noise ratio. When the noise becomes louder than the signal, change the channel.

Me?

Long time lurker. Small contributor. Always enjoyed the forum. Still do. Miss some people that were banned. Don't miss others. Lots of good people here. Would HATE to miss the chance at having a PBEM with some new blood...er...opponents...yeah, that's it...because they can't stand the signal to noise ratio.

Everyone of my PBEM mates are top notch people and I have this board to thank for it. It provided a meeting place. My opponent list past and present:

Sgt. Huang

Moriarty

Tom

SF

Stefan

JWStet

PatBoivin--tnx for the uber battle map. smile.gif

Ralph

Freyland

I hope I didn't miss anyone. There is more good than bad on this board. I am convinced of that. smile.gif

------------------

BJ Simpson

Visit www.arrl.org for information about Ham Radio.

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

[This message has been edited by kb9sog (edited 09-04-2000).]

Hi Babra

I'm not sure what I can add that has not already been said.....

But those of us who have been around awhile, add ballance stability and maturity to this forum. As Andreas' grandmother says, we must let the forest echo back and in that forest we need all the GOOD tall trees we can get.

Ha!

I know what your problem is (I'm JOKING smile.gif here) since you're one of the old guys around here, (pretty much like everyone else who are your friends who have posted here, you have not technically been assimilated yet so you think you can just tune out smile.gif

Quick cue the Cm Borg and assilimate Babra, he's WAY overdue!

Now lets get back to having fun around here and debating things that really matter like my flavour of the month, the long range accuracy of the German Zeiss gunnery optics smile.gif

-tom w

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> "Following are opinions (very abridged because of the size of this post) of members of the 66th and 67th Armored Regiments and 2nd Armored Division:

The consensus of opinion of all personnel in the 66th Armored Regiment is that the German tank and anti-tank weapons are far superior to the American in the following categories.

Superior Flotation.

Greater mobility. This is directly contrary to the popular opinion that the heavy tank is slow and cumbersome.

The German guns have a much higher muzzle velocity and no telltale flash. The resulting flat trajectory gives great penetration and is very accurate.

The 90-mm, although an improvement, is not as good as either the 75 or 88. If HVAP ammunition becomes available, it will improve the performance of both the 76-mm and 90-mm guns.

German tank sights are definitely superior to American sights. These, combined with the flat trajectory of the guns, give great accuracy.

German tanks have better sloped armor and a better silhouette than the American tanks.

The M24 tank has not been available long, but has created a very favorable impression.

The M4 has been proven inferior to the German Mark VI in Africa before the invasion of Sicily, 10 July 1943. "

-Brigadier General J. H. Collier, Commanding Combat Command "A"

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>