OT?--Forum Participant Awards

Anybody up for creating some Participant Awards? IMHO it'd be a nice ego trip to have your contribution recognized by other people. I have no suggestions for how to organize it, but I do have one award and a nomination for it:

Schrullenhaft, for Most Helpful Technically-Knowledgeable Guy.

DjB

Originally posted by Doug Beman:

Anybody up for creating some Participant Awards? IMHO it'd be a nice ego trip to have your contribution recognized by other people. I have no suggestions for how to organize it, but I do have one award and a nomination for it:

I vote for the moderators (they're participants too, BTW). MadMatt, Kwazydog, & Big Time Software. They take the cake IMHO.

Jumbo

There are so many worthy recipients. smile.gif But my first impulse is to single out Bullethead. His contributions, particularly those based on his artillery expertise, are always useful, well written and utterly without rancor.

------------------

Rob Varak

Editor

Site on Sound: The Web's Premier Site For Musical Discussion

www.siteonsound.com

CM Recommended Reading List Moderator

www.siteonsound.com/CMReadingList.htm

There are so many worthy recipients. smile.gif But my first impulse is to single out Bullethead. His contributions, particularly those based on his artillery expertise, are always useful, well written and utterly without rancor.

------------------

Rob Varak

Editor

Site on Sound: The Web's Premier Site For Musical Discussion

www.siteonsound.com

CM Recommended Reading List Moderator

www.siteonsound.com/CMReadingList.htm

Raven, you suck and your Flock sucks too.

So we have an award for Mod Makers, and for General Knowledge (hmmm...should we break that down?).

Not to offend, but I don't think we should include the moderators, because they've done so much more than non-moderators that they'd win every award.

DjB

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jarmo:

I nominate Germanboy and Chuparababa for their general helpfulnes

and tss for holding a divine knowledge and sharing it with mortals.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's really kind of you, Jarmo. Thanks a lot.

I nominate tss, because I know that on any serious topic he will dig out a Finnish grog story that will just make me shake my head in awe (for it actually to have happened, and for him knowing it). Like the one on stopping tanks with toothpicks. Classic.

------------------

Andreas

<a href="http://www.geocities.com/greg_mudry/sturm.html">Der Kessel</a >

Home of „Die Sturmgruppe“; Scenario Design Group for Combat Mission.

[This message has been edited by Germanboy (edited 12-27-2000).]

I nominate Germanboy for his unusual skill in answering questions about WWII books.

He was raised a poor black child on a farm in Mississipi and was forced to pick onions all day. Picking and crying is what he did until he was 18. He kissed his Ma and Pa aufweidersehen and went on his way to research all things having to do with WWII. His knowledge is our strength. Whenever you have a question, be sure to consult him.

So, its obvious that Germanboy is our only true winner.

------------------

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction. - Blaise Pascal

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Germanboy:

I nominate tss, because I know that on any serious topic he will dig out a Finnish grog story that will just make me shake my head in awe (for it actually to have happened, and for him knowing it). Like the one on stopping tanks with toothpicks. Classic.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You made that one up. ..umm.. right? smile.gif

Actually I believe the man just drinks a whole lot of vodka and then

makes up all those anecdotes. Knowing no-one is ever going to catch him.

Guest Germanboy

You made that one up. ..umm.. right? smile.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do a search on 'tanks' and 'toothpicks'

Enjoy the read biggrin.gif

Personally I suspect a Finnish conspiracy. The country does not even exist, but nobody will ever be able to prove it because of the garble they call a language there...

Hiram, you are a close second after tss, for your 'Hi Mom' post.

[This message has been edited by Germanboy (edited 12-27-2000).]

Seems to me the best way to encourage brilliant repartee here is just to leave a complimentary post when somebody adds something particularly clever.

The idea of an actual award is harmless enough, I guess. But it strikes me as just a teeny bit sophomoric. IMHO, of course.

------------------

"Arms are my ornaments, warfare my repose." - Don Quixote

I nominate Germanboy and Chuparababa for their general helpfulnes

and tss for holding a divine knowledge and sharing it with mortals.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow, I'm helpful?

Heh, all this time I figured I've been an insufferable jerk. Whadya know...

Thanks, I appreciate it! smile.gif

------------------

Soy super bien soy super super bien soy bien bien super bien bien bien super super

I nominate Los. He doesn't post too often, but when he does, they are highly informative.

-- Oh, and are we going allow cesspool members into this ? wink.gif

[This message has been edited by Pillar (edited 12-27-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Pillar:

I nominate Los. He doesn't post too often, but when he does, they are highly informative.

-- Oh, and are we going allow cesspool members into this ? wink.gif

[This message has been edited by Pillar (edited 12-27-2000).]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I second the motion for LOS. I have a great deal of respect for both LOS and Fionn. I haven't always agreed with Fionn's point of view, but his arguments were generally well constructed.

Having said that though, I believe that everyone's contribution to this board is important, no matter how trivial or uninformed the content of the post may seem - as long as the post is on topic of course.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Germanboy:

Do a search on 'tanks' and 'toothpicks'

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh you meant the one about taking out tanks with LOGS! Bah, any fool can do that. smile.gif

Toothpick would have been something else...

The coolest way to take out a tank I've heard of, was by climbing on top of the tank and

knocking on the hatch. The tank commander obviously thought it was one of their own

having something important to say (or just didn't think) and opened the hatch... biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jumbo:

Originally posted by Doug Beman:

I vote for the moderators (they're participants too, BTW). MadMatt, Kwazydog, & Big Time Software. They take the cake IMHO.

Jumbo<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Would this be called the "Brownose" award? Would ensure that should this nomination win, the reward of a free copy of CM2 shouldn't cost BTS anything.

Regards

Jim R.

There are (and have been) many remarkable participants on this forum. At least from my point of view. Countless interesting and invaluable posts by Fionn, TSS, Germanboy, Steve, Charles, Tom_W and so on...

But I think that most of the most enjoyable posts have come from PzKpfw 1. John Waters has educated me, and many others I believe, enormously by his excellent and numerous ontopic "essays". If I have to nominate one participant from this forum that gotta be John.

Ari

Guest Madmatt

If I don't a nomination soon I will kick all your asses!

mad.gif

Madmatt

p.s. And I mean a special appreciation one too, not lumped in with all the other Moderators!

[This message has been edited by Madmatt (edited 12-28-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Madmatt:

If I don't a nomination soon I will kick all your asses!

mad.gif

Madmatt

p.s. And I mean a special appreciation one too, not lumped in with all the other Moderators!

[This message has been edited by Madmatt (edited 12-28-2000).]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Okay, I nominate Germanboy...again.

------------------

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction. - Blaise Pascal