Peng, I Am Still Taking Our Bloody Challenge Public

UPDATES -

Scrota The end is near, squire. Care to surrender, or are you going to make me come hurt you? Come on, just admit you learned your tactics from Cap'n Crunch, and we can all go home.

JDMorose A nailbiter of Shakespearean proportions. I've traded a platoon of inf. and a Hellcat for two Panthers, 4 armored cars, and quite a bit of infantry. Looks like he's got 3 platoons of effectives, 2 ACs, and 2 Panthers left. Piece o' cake. Lawyer boy will soon be filing for mommy.

Sha-na-na, sha-na-na-na-na-nandorf ran into the wrong end of my reenforcements. Can you say, ouchie? Advantage, Chup.

Senility Still no action, but at least he's sent me a file, which is an improvement.

Choco Taco I haven't had a chance to look at the file yet, but I'm sure it displays all sorts of bad things happening to your men.

------------------

Grand Poobah of the fresh fire of Heh.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Catwoman sent me a very strange setup yesterday. I think this one might be a fun or silly game to keep track of.

I received nothing but green Polish infantry. From what she is telling me she has all German armor. Assuming the point value is even for this meeting engagement she should have had enough for like 2 tanks ( I am exagrating a bit of course but there can't be many). So far no Germans have been sighted. I think I have seen the turn 3 movie. Oh yeah something else I left out...from my setup area to the VLs is almost completely flat and open ground. I would love to win this one.

------------------

"To conquer death you only have to die" JC

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Berlichtingen:

Nope, it is quite clear in the record, you horned in on the challenge between me and captain goodbar, promising a map and units. So, since your (alleged) kniggits word was given, I expect you to come through. Simple enough, I should think, for you non-canuck to understand??. I'll try it in little words for you. All I want is the file you , yourself promised to send.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh, its a Joust map you're wanting. You will curse the day you reminded me. The map is ready, however, I need to know which of the Knights is sponsoring Foobar. It is their responsiblity to choose the forces for this less than epic clash.

--

Dan Brown (Berlichtingen)

SS-Rauchmeister des Berlichtingischearmee

dbrown@owc.net

Umm, I think you sponsored Captain foobar.

------------------

"With cat-like tread, Upon our prey we steal;

In silence dread, Our cautious way we feel." -G&S

How did we get into this first album crap? Oh well, how about KISS Rock & Roll Over, and BTO- Not Fragile, later copied to reel to reel, as cassette didn't exist yet. First cds were Pink Floyd- Dark side of the Moon, and Dire Straits -Brothers In Arms, one of the first albums to be recorded digitally from the source.

And what is wrong with Cheap Trick? Live at Budakan is one of my favorites, and I have most of their cds. I even have a used guitar pick I got from one of their shows.

------------------

"With cat-like tread, Upon our prey we steal;

In silence dread, Our cautious way we feel." -G&S

Hear ye! Hear ye! The Court of CM Assizes -- Trial Part 13 is now in session. The most spectacular and resplendent, not to mention honorable and dead sexy Professor Doktor Hamster X presiding.

In the matter of jdmorse & other protohominids, P.C. vs. Hakko Ichiu, I now pronounce sentence.

Mr. morse, you have plead guilty to complete tactical incompetence and negligent waste of digital lifeforms. In your pathetic attempt at command of Axis forces you lost 122 men (30 KIA), with a further 70 captured, 3 mortars and 4 vehicles while inflicting on your opponent a mere 65 casualties (17 KIA) and the loss of one mortar. The court hereby determines that your score is 11 with the result being a total Allied victory.

In mitigation of this egregious breach of the standards of humanity, I can only note that being a lawyer you cannot be expected to meet any such standards. I hereby sentence you to 30 minutes in the fighting cage with Kitty at such time of the month as she is most liable to a hissy fit and much biting and scratching. In addition, you will perform community service by abasing yourself before the August Kniggets of the 'Pool, presenting your pert little heinie for condine punishment and shouting out at the top of your lungs, "Nanny, I've been a very baaaad boy."

Court is now dismissed. All rise. No, not you Bauhaus, oh, never mind.

------------------

Ethan

-----------

"We forbid any course that says we restrict free speech." -- Dr. Kathleen Dixon, Director of Women's Studies, Bowling Green State University

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Elvis:

The Catwoman sent me a very strange setup yesterday. I think this one might be a fun or silly game to keep track of.

I received nothing but green Polish infantry. From what she is telling me she has all German armor. Assuming the point value is even for this meeting engagement she should have had enough for like 2 tanks ( I am exagrating a bit of course but there can't be many). So far no Germans have been sighted. I think I have seen the turn 3 movie. Oh yeah something else I left out...from my setup area to the VLs is almost completely flat and open ground. I would love to win this one.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

MUHAHAHAHA ya can't trust a kittycat you know that.. they play with you and rub up against you and purrr.. and when they had enough they bite you or scratch you so bad you have a scar to tell your grandkids about... ELVIS I pitty you like a Liverworm pitties a Drunkards Liver.

--------------

<a href="http://www.geocities.com/greg_mudry/sturm.html">Der Kessel</a >

Home of „Die Sturmgruppe“; Scenario Design Group for Combat Mission.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Stuka:

Oh people, please...your'e all showing your age now. Lets try and keep a little more up to date shall we, hum?

Try some techno metal to revive your aging eardrums.

A dash of 'Rammstein' should do the trick..

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The above postings reveal many as lowly Euro-trash musical vandals.

Bagpipes.

Everything else is just noise.

------------------

After witnessing exceptional bravery from his Celtic mercenaries, Alexander the Great called them to him and asked if there was anything they feared. They told him nothing, except that the sky might fall on their heads.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mensch:

yup Mensch is a CANUCK!!! .

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If that were true, your demented posts would move from the merely mad to 'barking mad and received by radio telescope from other planets'. I can buy you as a German, but never as a Canadian (actually, I believe pretty much anyone can buy you for a penny, which is where we all assumed you've acquired the stock you keep handing out to everyone.)

------------------

After witnessing exceptional bravery from his Celtic mercenaries, Alexander the Great called them to him and asked if there was anything they feared. They told him nothing, except that the sky might fall on their heads.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PeterNZer:

mea culpa! Mea maxima culpa!

Seems the CC folks aren't ready for a Peng thread. Lots of them take themselves very seriously, (with a few nice exceptions, like probably the ones reading this). They're not ready for Peng, not ready for the sheer amusement of rivalry built over weeks, even months.

PeterNZ

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Most are not ready for Peng. Those that are ready to receive Peng shall find their way here. If they have not, they were not ready. When you can snatch the filth from my hand and fling it back quicker than I can duck, grasshopper, it will be time for you to enter this thread.

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Hiram Sedai:

Roight!!! How about a bit of Sing-song then!!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah, a Squire to warm the heart! Good on ya', Hiram me lad!

------------------

Why can't you all just let the 80's die the horrible death it deserves? Damn you all! I have dedicated my life to erasing that mistake in time called the 1980's from my memory. What is your problem people? You just can't let go of the bad hair cut, pastel wearing, jeans rolling, fat laced, high top, horror of a decade? Hmmm? Please!! You all are very, very sad. I have pity upon you.

Now go and listen to your Skidmark, christen rock, Warrant, White Lion, White Snake (one more white band and I will vomit uncontrollably), Cinderella, Rat, Poison (If I ever thought of multiple homicide it was when I heard them) tapes and rot in HELL!

Jeff

Updates...

Be vewy vewy quiet... I'm hunting Crawdad's. Last turn he had the temerity to launch an assault against one of my legions of platoons with tin cans and hamsters, and it actually hurt a bit, while the remainder of my troops got their uniforms dirty while tumbling around the ground in laughter at the German arty.

I have now grown quite tired of this little game of peek-a-boo in the mist, and am preparing to sweep the board. In one way or another, this will not drag out another interminable 20 turns.

The battle with Sheepshagger goes on and on, and will until neither of us will have any infantry left, but having The Teflon-coated M8 From Above on my side, I should prevail.

Shandorf packed up his little gerbils into and onto his tincans and scurried into town as fast as their little legs could carry them. How predictable... *sigh* I told him that I was trying something completely different. I intend to hold my few buildings while bringing the rest of the town down about his little gerbil ears. All I need is the VLs, I don't need no stinking buildings...

------------------

To the last I grapple with thee; from hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee...

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Seanachai:

The above postings reveal many as lowly Euro-trash musical vandals.

Bagpipes.

Everything else is just noise.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bagpipes?

Wouldn't you get the same musical enjoyment by stepping on Kitty's tail? wink.gif

Mace

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Hakko Ichiu:

Hear ye! Hear ye! The Court of CM Assizes -- Trial Part 13 is now in session...

In the matter of jdmorse & other protohominids, P.C. vs. Hakko Ichiu, I now pronounce sentence....

Mr. Morse, you have plead guilty to complete tactical incompetence and negligent waste of digital lifeforms. etc etc......

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Your honor, If I may approach the bench? However, on perceiving a vile and malodorous fragrance emanating and wafting from same I shall address the court from back here.

May it please the court. Now I am just a simple country law-yer, not so well versed in the niceties of the big city ways of my esteemed opponent, Mr Ethan Hakko Ichiu, esquire. Mr Ichiu would have this court believe that his "victory" if that label of opprobrium you care to use, was a product of his assorted, nefarious and infamous planning. Sir I say nay to that! You shall not nail this victory on that some shining cross of gold, sir. You are a catamount and have betrayed all that is holy and good.

I am accused, nay convicted of tactical incompetence. I stand before you guilty by my own admission. The choices were mine. Unfortunately, the plans so well thought out in solitude are then expected to be executed by others. If I am guilty, sir, it is of misplaced trust and responsibility in those, my men, selected by me to carry out the orders given. Their craven action upon commitment to battle is a stain, a vicious calumny that wounds me grievously.

For this the shame I have to live with shall remain with me all my days. Yet sir, we are not beaten. This my cause, my sacred obligation perhaps done in by a Dolchstosslegende of fifth columnists (who shall be exposed for the vermin they are) We were not defeated. Yet I shall prevail. Shoot if you must this old grey head but I shall not bow down before your graven image or bow down in supplication to your golden calf of Nike.

I have this date filed motions for vacation of sentence, arrest of judgment and judgment on the verdict n.o.v.In addition, this court of Assizes sits in law not equity and thus jurisdiction in personanum does not lie.Your patent attempt to assert a Bill of Attainder shall be exposed at the highest levels. to that end, a Petition for Writ Certiorari and Mandamus has been filed with the Court of Appeals and I serve upon you this date an injunction and stay forbidding further imposition of judgment. Bond was waived by the way.

As the true victim here, I have graciously and munificently offered a re-match to either allow purgation of the doubts and veil of suspicion that has fallen on Mr Ichiu's "alleged" victory or to right the scales of chivalry and prove that this "victory was not the product of consorting with evil and baleful powers. Consider the numerous irregularities that occurred in the mysterious inability of my tanks to strike home at the demons heart time after time, shots going awry. Or that my veteran crews cannot see the TD 10m's infront of them, or that allow mere Halftracks to shrug and prance as 120mm mortars explode immediately adjacent, with out the barest whiff, nay total insouciance to prattle about and not abandon the field, while my 251/8 abandons the struggle upon a puffy pistol shot. There is trickery afoot. Bargains with dark powers have been struck. The Victory sir, is tainted.

I close, with the understanding that my esteemed brethren may not have the wherewithal to summons and master the demons in a FAIR fight. That is his choice, to slink back into the darkness whence spawned him. If that is my fate so be it. But heaven and hell be my witness that even as I must master the path between Scylla and Charybdis, and Charon must transport my soul to the Elysian fields, I shall be avenged, I shall reclaim my day.

------------------

Kniggit of the Old Pool, Official 3000th poster to the original Peng thread and present at it's demise

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Herr Oberst:

[Trying to fake his concern that I control the VLs in out meeting engagement.]

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Am I then to assume neither it is unique to scurrying them across the map on foot like YOU are doing. Lets just see if you can knock the buildings down faster than I can displace to another.

In the meanwhile I invite you to perch your armor upon the hills and proceed to have them waste their HE ammo. By the time the dust settles in this battle you will find me firmly entrenched within thy city.

Also.. You didn't point out that I seized the town within the first turn with out taking a SINGLE casualty. Sigh... Can you say the same. I think not.

Now instead of a meeting engagement you are attacking and I am defending with equal strength.

Good luck you will need every little bit.

Sincerely,

The Bastard,

Jeff

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally blathered by Seanachoo!:

…actually, I believe pretty much anyone can buy you for a penny…

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Unlike you, which I heard is cost free, sheep not included. *baaahhh!*

-----------

<a href="http://www.geocities.com/greg_mudry/sturm.html">Der Kessel</a >

Home of „Die Sturmgruppe“; Scenario Design Group for Combat Mission.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by rune:

Well, it was either get Berli to defend the honor of Illinois [he lives here too], or make a call and have Guido visit you. In true Cesspoolian fashion, I went with the more painful of the two choices. [No Bauhaus, Cesspoolian Fashion does NOT mean you can wear a speedo]

The creation of evil was sent to him last night. I have modified VOT and CE to true epic evil proportions. All this was a warm up to my masterpiece, which Bullethead and Wild Bill have helped with. The map is pretty much done, just troop deployment to go.

So, as I dance to Disco Inferno as your tanks burn...remember...you always could have insulted Ohio.

Rune

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Even I wouldn't be caught dead in a speedo. For that Rune you deserve to be punished. The only thing you have going for you is that you are a fellow Chicagoan. So you can't be all bad. So......I think Herr Berli needs to send you a certain file, Berli knows the one. It's nothing but smoke and burning buildings. I will make sure it gets to you some how.....as penance you shall play.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mensch:

Unlike you, which I heard is cost free, sheep not included. *baaahhh!*

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm cheap, but I'm not easy. And lamb goes in stew, mensch, my little autopsychotic.

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mace:

Bagpipes?

Wouldn't you get the same musical enjoyment by stepping on Kitty's tail? wink.gif

Mace<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would not dream of doing such a thing. I need both feet, thank you very much, to walk over and check what's left of your troops for signs of repentance. All who seek my forgivnance shall have life. For the rest...I'm sending them to Kitty. She'll know what to do. You thought I'd be merciful, and kill them, didn't you? No luck for you, Mace.

------------------

MEEKS! PAWBROON!

That scenario you two mad boys sent me locks up Combat Mission everytime I try to load it, and puts files into the folder labeled 'junk file (string of gibberish)'. I've tried loading it both from the Scenarios folder and the Saved Game folder, same results. I cannot presently prepare your surrealist combat. I'm on a Mac, but I've never had problems with PC designed scenarios before. Either resend, redo, retry, abort, fail, or see if someone else can purchase the units, the file as I have it is a no go.

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kitty:

(cringes) someone had to say that sooner or later. hehe

K<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I said it in that disturbing, vile voice, as well. Next week, Anime for everyone. I already picture Bauhaus with that spiky, swept back anime hairstyle, as is, as well as the large, round, innocent eyes.

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sabot:

****Dont worry...Im not here to battle. I actual consider you guys our poor, misguided brethren. Perhaps one day, just as east and west germany were united, I hope we too can fight side by side in wargames of the future.

****Peng taunts are a good idea, and good fun. But our spys are ever amoung you and quickly identified a plot by rogue elements here to cause havok in CCland even as the attack was being launched. Nice try...

Sabot Out...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

How very nice of you to drop by. Next time, we shall certainly put on the kettle for you, and use the hot tea to scald the bristles off you like a slaughtered hog. My word, yes, what a wonderful world you envision. How interesting that the CCers keep an eye on the CM Board and the Peng Challenge Thread. We, quite oblivious, wouldn't give the nether parts of a rat to know what you are all up to. Still, the idea of a jolly sing-song with our CC brethren does have a certain appeal. Unless the songs you know resemble that abomination of bad rhyme you posted previously. Then, and I think I speak for all the lads, we'd rather shove a live weasel up our arses than try to sing something on that level. Still, treat it as the right one, as my old Da' used to say. I look forward to a day when we might meet, clasp arms, and our lot will put the boot in. That's what we do, here in the Peng Challenge Thread. Don't despair, though, there's tedious, humourless, and unquestionably brainless folk to be found on the CM Board, as well.

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Berlichtingen:

Outstanding! A map produced in the very pits of hell is on its way to you. Looks like a good map for a pure tank fight.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Okay, I opened this one to take a look at it, and I started laughing so hard I damn near wet myself. I will choose and place forces. Do we want them locked in to place, or free to be setup by the proud combatants? (like it matters a damn). Also, about how many points, do you think?

Ah, Berli, you justify my faith in your utter unfitness to live amongst simple folk. Well done.

------------------