Miltary Modeller poll

I just got back into the model hobbly the last couple of years. I like doing almost any scale model armour, planes, ships in that order that have to do with mainly WW2. I have some 1/35 WW1 tanks to build, they look to be a different challengne. I like armour the best, I am currently building a Panzer IV/70 (A) 'ZWISCHEN LOSUNG Sd Kfz 162/1. My next project is a US Tank Destroyer M36 Jackson and the Battleship Arizona. I belong to my local model club which is a member of the IPMS. I am a regular board wargamer every Thursday night, six of us get together and play various wargames, we are currently playing ASL's Red Barricades.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Zamo:

Disaster, do you have it on the web? I'd like to see it. I have seen some really neat modelings on the web. I wish I had the time to try it.

Zamo<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll see if I can dig it up out of an CD. I've been thinking about getting back into modelling as a career so this might be a good impetus.

Here's some other stuff I did, in the meantime:

http://www3.telus.net/pop_n_fresh/portfolio.htm

I'll tell you when I post the tank pics. I never had a chance to texture it, though.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ntg84:

The most fun of modeling is buying what we can't build.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

lol.

Yeh, for every 3 kits I buy, I seem to complete 1.

My stock pile of unmade AFVs, figures and aircraft kits are heading to the ceiling fast!

Mace

I can relate to Mace. I have gotten back into modeling over the past couple of years. Completed two of the four kits I purchased. Just finished a 1/35th Panther V A. Also like 1/35 figures and the Dragon 1/16th.

Out here....

I stopped building models when I went to college, but I recently became interested when my parents sold their house and I found all the models I built and the ton of kits I never built. Some of them are quite valuable now. There are tons of kits and accessories for sale on E-Bay.

Guest grunto

Tamiya (ah the memories of Tamiya 1/35th scale AFVs back in the early '70s) is coming out with a Tiger I remote control. 1/16 scale or something. With machinegun sounds and a cannon which fires. The engine sounds were recorded at a British Tank Museum from a surviving, operational Tiger I. It needs a 4-way remote.It's all at their website:

http://www.tamiya.com/english/products/56010tiger/tiger_1.htm

'You'll swear it's a real tank!'

I stumbled across it when I was looking for some 1/10th scale 2-way remote auto model information. I have a model Nissan GTR.

It's black with purple wheels.

The next one will be orange with blue wheels or something like that.

I would like to get that 1/16 scale Tiger.

Wealthy people could shoot them at each other in huge backyards.

Andy

Hey ZAMO nice kids, you seem proud of them smile.gif

I loved modeling and the subsequent destruction of the models thereafter when I was a youngin. My mutations took me to painting lead monsters and heroes during the D&D years and most recently to my warhammer necromunda gangs (orlock and cawdor). I always look at the models avaliable when I see a hobby or game store but am rarely impressed by instock items other than the infantry kits. Looking through catalogs of either minitures or models still leaves me drooling however, maybe in the future when I have more space...

Well, it seems that many of us people

that like to play wargames and/or are

interested in the WWII-era, also like

modelling units from that period.

I've made quite a few models myself,

mostly German vehicles and infantry,

because I always liked the very well

designed German units most.

For the greater part it is all Tamiya

1/35 scale stuff and I even have a

few 1/25 scale German tanks (the Tiger-I

and the Jagdpanther) that are very rare

now.

I'm still looking for that third Tamiya

1/25 tank model of the Kingtiger.

Has anyone of all you "Dutchies" on this

forum, seen it accidently in a store in

The Netherlands? If so, please let me know!

(I have seen the model and the real thing at the Panzermuseum in Munster, Germany).

By the way, hi Stoffel and thanks for

mailing me the E-mail adress of Cyberfox.

I think that it's a good thing that Dutch

CM-fans also get together in The Netherlands to play CM and to swap knowledge, facts and experiences in the process.

I'm probably off on a well earned vacation first thing now, but I think we should keep in touch later on...

Dutch

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Zamo:

Disaster, do you have it on the web? I'd like to see it. I have seen some really neat modelings on the web. I wish I had the time to try it.

Zamo<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I finally got my web portfolio in order. The link to my jagdpanther model is here:

I modelled it by looking at various photos of existing ones in museums. I got the dimensions a bit wrong but decided to finish it anyway. Unfortunately, it's not textured. I've been picking away at learning Maya 2.5 so I might finish it off.

See it from the link off this page:

http://www3.telus.net/pop_n_fresh/portfolio3.htm

Guest Mirage2k

Hey guys, I've got a question.

As I mentioned earlier in the thread, I've dabbled a little in modeling, and I'd like to get into it more, particularly that of modern naval vessels and aircraft. The only problem is I live in a somewhat sleeply little town and military modeling isn't exactly the hottest fad in the world right now. With those two facts in mind, it's tough to find a local store that carries any model kits. Someone in the thread mentioned they've found stuff online. Where exactly? A point in the right direction would be much appreciated. Thanks.

-Andrew

------------------

Throw me a frickin' smiley, people!

Your one-stop-shop for gaming news is www.SiegersPost.com ! Hit it!

I did quite alot in my younger days. Funny you ask since i just in the last couple weeks (after about 10 years) am getting back into it. I just bought a 5gal air tank and regulator for my new air brush. I did a practice 1/35th scale Hellcat. And now im looking for a 1/35 "Gator" Used in the Pacific landings.

------------------

Semper Fi.

Guest Mortiis

Crappy thing about where I live is that all the instock models are of cars and other things I have no interest in, with the exception of a few of the more common tanks (shermans etc).