We are out of stock (again)!

Guest Big Time Software

YO, YO, YO, from us not so cream of the crop!

CM is the most whack game I ever played!

I'm alway's trippin on it!

Hope the future holds the same!

------------------

Better to make the wrong decision than be the sorry son of a bitch to scared to make one at all

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First, congradulations BTS!

Second, Thomas Norton I admire you are having friends and collegues who can discuss CM with ya. Mine like to talk about Virtua Tennis or Diablo II, but by god, I have PBEM opponents who are always listening. biggrin.gif

Third, BTS, did you mark changes (like 2nd edition or 2nd priting, etc) to the manual. I think I am trying to rip another (3rd) order from your upcoming inventory. Anyway, the 1st order still has not arrived in HKG yet.

Griffin @ work.

------------------

"+" is just the beginning. Expect to see "GriffinCheng76", "GriffinCheng(105)" or "GriffinChengA3E8" more should Forum problems occur again :(

Hell, one of my friends just told me he isn't going to buy the game because it "looks too addictive." Or maybe it's because I whipped his butt over the weekend. Plus I had to force another of my friends off my computer so I could do my PBEM turns. He was locked in mortal combat around Arnhem and didn't want to move.

BTS, this game sells itself. Your hot sales are just reward for all the effort.

As for the other sycophants on this thread, they're just trying to stroke your egos so you'll hurry up with CM2. Me, I have no ulterior motive.

P.S. Please don't sell out to Microsoft.

Congratulations guys. You give small developers hope in the face of the corporate trend. I hope to do something like this in

the future and your success is providing a lot of good lessons! Your game fits a niche and it's damn fun. Your editor is so easy and provides excellent replay value. Pat on the back all around guys.

Congrats!

And I have to say you two are just a great bunch of guys. Was very pleased with the after-sales service or pre-sales, or whatever it was fiddling around with my credit card service smile.gif

So when are you going to update the web page hehe? smile.gif

Anyway. I -do- hope you're driving around in Ferraris!

I seriously hope you're both finding yourself with a pile of money to wade through, I hope it clogs up your drains and fills your bath tubs.

I hope you find it's much more than you could earn in the private sector, and I hope your wives suddenly start giving you 'bedroom eyes' again hehe wink.gif

(I hope you have the energy to comply)

I hope you keep going!

PeterNZ

Guest Rommel22

Good work!!!

My co-workers, well some are one of those Diablo freaks. Geeze, all they talk about oh my guys is level 150. And I say yeah and I just kick the crap out of the Amis at Arnhem. They go what the hell is that. I just start going off what a bunch of idiots they are for not knowing what Arnhem is and that they don't have CM yet.

the only co-worker that bought the game works only once a day when I am there and he doesn't talk to much.

Good game, very good.

Can't wait For CM2 Barbarosa. Kill masses of russians!!!

------------------

Russian tactics as said by von Mellenthin "Bridge heads everywhere"

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Big Time Software:

Simon's order actually landed ashore this weekend smile.gif

Steve<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Steve, that's the best news I've received this millenium!

If there wasn't a big water mass called the Pacific in the way, I'd walk over and give you a big kiss (ahem...in a manly way of course)!

Now to plot the downfall of those who have taunted me at the CMHQ chat site!!!! wink.gif

Mace

Guest Michael emrys

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Big Time Software:

Hello folks,

Sales of Combat Mission have been very good lately, so good that we've sold out our entire inventory for a second time.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can't handle success, eh? wink.gif

Well, there're worse things in life. smile.gif

Better double your estimates again; there are a couple more magazines we haven't heard from yet and you can expect they're going to have nice things to say too.

Michael

Guest Michael emrys

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Thomas Norton:

What is this world coming too, when you would rather trust a game mag. review over your coworkers views?!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I began to notice about 25 years ago that for a lot of people, if it didn't get on tv, it didn't happen. frown.gif

Michael

Guest Michael emrys

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TeAcH:

You guys deserve each and every reward you get. Well done. You have revolutionized and revitilized the war gaming industry. You have made a lot of people realize how much fun wargamming can be.TeAcH<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And even more importantly, you released simultaneously for the Mac. wink.gifbiggrin.gif

Michael

Guest Michael emrys

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Owl:

If only all pc games were like this!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

...I'd never get to see the sun again.

Michael

Just another attorney checkin' in saying that I also play CM...

Perhaps the fact that a lot of history majors go on to law school has something to do with CM's popularity amongst the legally minded. Dunno for sure (I love history but didn't major in it).

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Michael emrys:

...I'd never get to see the sun again.

Michael<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

whats this sun thing everyone is talking about?? damn am I missing something. I just found out I'm married..hmmm wierd what this game does. biggrin.gif

congrads BTS! keep'em comming!

---------

"We've missed you, did you miss us?"

"yes, but I think I have time to reload."

--Terry Pratchett, alt.fan.pratchett

i am very happy for yours sales (I bought

and received four copies of the GAME)

my only fear that this game went so well that

BTS will be seduced from a big company to develop these products, or will be less

customer/player oriented (the best thing of BTS after the game)

this is only a bad thought or not ?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Culex Pipiens:

i am very happy for yours sales (I bought

and received four copies of the GAME)

my only fear that this game went so well that

BTS will be seduced from a big company to develop these products, or will be less

customer/player oriented (the best thing of BTS after the game)

this is only a bad thought or not ? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

don't worrry Culex, "An Apple a day keeps Microshaft away" wink.gif

----------

"I reckon that Stonehege was build by the contemporary equivalent of Microsoft, whereas Avebury was definitely an Apple circle."

--Terry Pratchett, alt.fan.pratchett

An I jus deleted Diablo II offa my Hard-drive cuz this game kicks booty. Super glad to hear of ur success mates. An also much congrats an appreciation to the other folks involved also i.e... the scenario designers, artists, beta testers...sthuper! I know at least 1 person who will get the game fo sure. This community is killer too.

biggrin.gifeek.gifbiggrin.gif

------------------

Thanks for Athskin!

Grognerd_Fogman

Hmmm...this success story kinda reminds me of another company who put out a game called Doom in sorta the same manner. Both had a groundbreaking, kickass game and both bypassed the 'majors' when it came time to put it out. Y'all deserve every last bit of the success to come. Congrats!

DeanCo--

The big publishers will NOT notice because CM does not fit with their way of thinking. It must there fore be a one time fluke. 'Now back to releasing crap with our current production methods.'

The people I hope and pray notice are other talented and creative people like Steve and Charles. I hope they notice and start making plans for new companies and new products that use the same 'high quality at release time' stantards and customer friendly attitude that BTS and the other Battlefront companies use. This is how all of us in the buying public will win.

Good job on CMBO and more in the future guys.

smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

John

Essayon's