Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Utah Beach Tournament!

Combat Mission: Utah Beach Tournament

The Tournament will begin Sept. 9, 2024 and you can join now.

This Tournament will feature 3 rounds with 3 different scenarios.

This tournament features 3 brand new scenarios produced by @MeatEtr and @George MC using maps from the recently released Utah Beach Battle Pack 2!!!

Battle for Normandy Utah Beach AO

This Tournament will feature 3 rounds with 3 different scenarios.

Round 1 – Crushing Carentan – The 101st fight for control of Carentan.

Round 2 – Catching the Train– Allied armored combat team launches hasty attack against German defenders at a small train station.

Round 3 – Flooded Farm – Allied forces conduct a combat patrol against a farm held by a German infantry unit.

Before joining the tournament, please take a moment
and carefully read these instructions that are specific
to all Combat Mission Tournaments!!!

PLEASE NOTE - DO NOT ABANDON, CEASEFIRE OR SURRENDER DURING A ROUND OR ELSE THE SCORING BECOMES INACCURATE.

- Please do not sign up for this tournament if you are not sure that you will be able to play all of the battles.

- Because of the way that Combat Mission’s original “play by email” system works, both game
files have an in-game field for password protection of the file. This field should be left blank. For the
Axis side the password has been selected before the battles were sent and that field is to be
left blank. You can use a password for the Axis side but it isn’t needed because the Tournament
feature handles protection from cheating without using the in game system.

- The Tournament will have you playing 2 individual battles where you are playing both sides of
the same battle. If you get into the game before your opponent, you will see 1 game turn to play. If
your opponent has gotten there first then you will see 2 turn files and each turn thereafter should
have 2 files.

- Once a tournament begins you will receive the files in the "Saved Game and PBEM"; drop menu
under Automated PBEM++ In Progress. You will receive email notifications when your opponent has
sent you turns. 

- You will need a Matrix user name and password to play any tournament (or PBEM++ battle). If you
don't have one already you can get one here:

https://www.matrixgames.com/login

https://www.matrixgames.com/tournaments

8 hours ago, Bluto said:

Did the date change? It's listed as September 9 on the Combat Mission Discord, September 10 on the Slitherine tournament page, and September 24th here. It'll start when it starts, just curious which day... 🙂

I'm guessing the start date got bumped, we'll see!

17 hours ago, Bluto said:

Did the date change? It's listed as September 9 on the Combat Mission Discord, September 10 on the Slitherine tournament page, and September 24th here. It'll start when it starts, just curious which day... 🙂

Yes, @MeatEtr is correct. It is the 9th. I asked them to push it back a bit because it hadn't been mentioned here. 

And, of course, my typo riddled post needs another adjustment.

8 hours ago, BFCElvis said:

Yes, @MeatEtr is correct. It is the 9th. I asked them to push it back a bit because it hadn't been mentioned here. 

And, of course, my typo riddled post needs another adjustment.

Speaking of typos, think I named that scenario crashing carentan, not crushing. Unless you guys changed it, doesnt matter to me either way. Both titles work.

A few things I wanted to add for new players to the tourney system.

You cant save a game and return to it later. If you get busy with a phone call/baby crying etc. either leave the game running or alt tab to minimize it and finish later.

When finishing your turns, after clicking the BIG RED button, make sure to click Ok just once. If you click it a second time it messes it up and nothing gets sent to the server. Which means you gotta do your turn all over again. Reason I mention this is because it can take a bit longer to save and then send the file to the server. Give it a minute!

luck.jpeg.268aad7f31bf698248efbe79aeda6dfb.jpeg

Edited by MeatEtr

HELP !! CONFUSED ON SEP 2024 TOURNAMENT!

Hello everyone, it's 1pm EST Saturday 14 September. the tournament has been going for what 5 days already? 

i'm totally panicking.  i have no idea if my opponent ValdusAurelian has gotten my set up file. 5 days ago, i got an email saying that a turn was ready for me, so i did a set up and move / fire plots. 1) will i get an email for every new ready turn? 2) how do i contact my opponent?  3)Do i need to do any file moving in this kind of tournament?  4) How can i tell if he got it? or if  i even sent it? 5) what does the error message mean? see attachment : Error: Tournament is not in Not Started Status. Solution: ERROR

I'm in a panic because i'm afraid it'll seem as if i just never finished the tournament despite signing up, but the UI for this new 2024 world is fearsome and beyond my understanding.  

tournament is not in Not Started Status.bmp

Edited by BFCElvis
Deleted phone number

2 hours ago, decimated550 said:

1) will i get an email for every new ready turn?

tournament is not in Not Started Status.bmp 1.09 MB · 1 downloa

Yes. You should. But I've noticed that they don't always get sent. So it helps to check in the game if you haven't gotten one for while

2) how do i contact my opponent? 

If they are memebers of this forum you can try to contact them by tagging them in a post or sending a direct message. If they aren't you can try to reach them through the Matrix forum.

3)Do i need to do any file moving in this kind of tournament? 

Nope. The turns will appear in the game itself without having to move anything.

4) How can i tell if he got it? or if  i even sent it?

If it is no longer in your In Progress list then it has been sent. There is no way to tell if they've seen it.

5) what does the error message mean? see attachment : Error: Tournament is not in Not Started Status. Solution: ERROR

That is where you can join a tournament. Use the dropdown menu and look in the In Progress list for the file(s).

6 hours ago, BFCElvis said:

Yes. You should. But I've noticed that they don't always get sent. So it helps to check in the game if you haven't gotten one for while

If they are memebers of this forum you can try to contact them by tagging them in a post or sending a direct message. If they aren't you can try to reach them through the Matrix forum.

Nope. The turns will appear in the game itself without having to move anything.

sdfsdfIf it is no longer in your In Progress

list then it has been sent. There is no way to tell if they've seen it.

That is where you can join a tournament. Use the dropdown menu and look in the In Progress list for the file(s).

thanks for your answers.  1) i did my American turn again.  it was still in there, so i did my plots again possibly making a duplicate..  2) So, are we playing each two games  each as german and american? i have not found a file that has me playing as the germans.   3) how do a send a direct message to ValdusAurelian ? . 4) what if a week from now no progress has been made? will someone see no progress and reach out to him or I? 

12 hours ago, decimated550 said:

1) i did my American turn again.  it was still in there, so i did my plots again possibly making a duplicate.. 

Nope. It shouldn't be a duplicate. It should disappear after you play it though.

2) So, are we playing each two games  each as german and american? i have not found a file that has me playing as the germans.   

Correct. You're probably just waiitng for them to play their turns.

3) how do a send a direct message to ValdusAurelian ? .

There's the rub. If they are on the Battlefront forum then you can message them through this. If they are only on the Mtarix forum then there is that. But there isn't an ingame way to communicate.

4) what if a week from now no progress has been made? will someone see no progress and reach out to him or I? 

Nope. Sometimes we send reminder "poke" emails to everyone. But there is no system for noticing that someone is slacking and reaching out to them directly.

raaah 😩 My opponent, SirMichael, seems to be a ghost player. I sent him a private message on Saturday, after a week of waiting, no response. His activity on the Matrix forums: only one post last year, and he is not present here. Why joining the tournament if there is no time to play...

12 hours ago, BFCElvis said:

Nope. It shouldn't be a duplicate. It should disappear after you play it though.

Correct. You're probably just waiitng for them to play their turns.

There's the rub. If they are on the Battlefront forum then you can message them through this. If they are only on the Mtarix forum then there is that. But there isn't an ingame way to communicate.

Nope. Sometimes we send reminder "poke" emails to everyone. But there is no system for noticing that someone is slacking and reaching out to them directly.

I did find ValdusAurelian on discord.  okay progress being made on one game, where i'm germans.  his forces are moving against mine.  But, the file i received first was me americans, which i plotted but he hasn't gotten it.  See the attachment, sloppy screenshots of my saved/pbem++ choices.  I think i made an error in saving my first game by accident.  Also, can you answer the files i see in  "Challenges"?  their dates are right on the week of the tournament start.   Are those from tournament or from randos hitting me up for a game? 

challenges T.jpeg

On 9/15/2024 at 12:16 PM, laurent 22 said:

raaah 😩 My opponent, SirMichael, seems to be a ghost player. I sent him a private message on Saturday, after a week of waiting, no response. His activity on the Matrix forums: only one post last year, and he is not present here. Why joining the tournament if there is no time to play...

To be honest, I joined the tournament accidentally by clicking a button looking for more info on what it was all about. I bet I'm not the only dufus who did this. I'm all in though, as long as I can fire off a turn or two before I need to head off to work in the morning. 

On 9/15/2024 at 10:49 PM, decimated550 said:

I did find ValdusAurelian on discord.  okay progress being made on one game, where i'm germans.  his forces are moving against mine.  But, the file i received first was me americans, which i plotted but he hasn't gotten it.  See the attachment, sloppy screenshots of my saved/pbem++ choices.  I think i made an error in saving my first game by accident.  Also, can you answer the files i see in  "Challenges"?  their dates are right on the week of the tournament start.   Are those from tournament or from randos hitting me up for a game? 

challenges T.jpeg

what happens when you try to play the file in your In Progress list? They disappear from the list after you've played them. So, that looks like one ready to be played. Click Continue on the bottom right of the screen.

The Challenges are directed to you specifically. They are available battles for people to grab. Although, if it has an * next to it then it is a private Challenge and you need for the other player to give you a pasword to play it.