Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Good-Bye from Kandu

This is to say "good-bye" to all and wishing you happy gaming going forward.

After creating 10 original historical master maps and variants, 4 original historical campaigns that included 61 scenarios, and 12 scenarios converted from the boardgame 'ASL'  as well as a variety of graphics mods that included German language signs for mines, new building skins for France and Nederland, floating icons for 'SS' and HQs, new HQ icons, ranks icons for Panzer Lehr, tactical symbols added to complete vehicle collection for 7th and 11th Armoured Divisions,  among others, I think I've done enough.

Good-bye, bonjour, gooie dag, zaijian

Kandu (Wim Oudshoorn)

Really Wim ?

No chance that you chance your decision?

Very sad to read you now !

A special thanks you to let me a hand when I loose my HD, take care my friend.

U weet dat mijn deur altijd open zal staan, als dat nodig is,

dat je een fijne vrije tijd, zult hebben, met je overige bezigheden, en vooral:

mijn vriend, in goed conditie blijft. 😉

Edited by JM Stuff

I've enjoyed much of your work in the few months I have been here. You are very talented.

I'm unsure why you would leave however. If you feel burnt out on modding that's understandable, but you don't have to mod in order to still play and be part of the community. I hope that you will see this and perhaps remain as a valued "wise man" here at least even if you are finished with modding. 

• 2 weeks later...

Operation Tonga - East of the Orne:

Errata forthcoming end of next week.

After taking a break for some painting I decided to play through the British and German campaigns and have discovered a number of errors in the accompanying text files. On One of the reasons for my retirement is just that - increasing error rate due to my aging brain. After the forthcoming weekend I will get onto correcting whatever errors I am able t find and hopefully post the corrected version at the Scenario Depot by the end of the week.

3 hours ago, Vacillator said:

Wim, we don't care about a few errors.  We all make errors anyway 😉.  Far better to have some great stuff with a few errors than nothing at all.

Why you have always to takes my words.😆

@WimO es spijt mij , but is not a reason to stop to makes beautiful things available for everybody's, hey I give you all my full respect for all your knowledges and all what you share with us,you know this, and about mistakes there is no one better as myself to make some, but hey we are like we are and that it, when somebody don't need my mod he don't have to download it but I will not be sad if I made some error in my job, ok I will try to working on but...we need some good modder and scenarios makker as you...think about !