I would pay to consolidate CMFB and CMBN

I would really like CMFB to be a module for CMBN.  I would even pay full game price just to move units and maps over.  It makes life slightly easier and also opens up new opportunities to quickly get Commonwealth units into more post-1944 scenarios.  It would also bring some unique Allied units into late war usage, like from the battlepack.

It would also be an easy/easier way to get CMFB-type gaming on to Steam faster.

Edited by Thewood1

I'm guessing here but I think the time it would take to combine CMFB and CMBN would just about exactly equal the time required to add the missing Commonwealth units into CMFB as a module.  Plus if CMFB is not practically nearly ready to be released on Steam this month then things are going badly.

Posted (edited)

I bet the way they are doing CW units in CMFB is copying the models and stats from CMBN.  Plus a few extra.  Its probably too late for the suggestion, but I would hope it was considered.  Treat it like CMSF2.  Its a relaunch of CMFB, but within CMBN.  Call it CMBN 2.

Edited by Thewood1

This is a difference without a distinction. There's functionally no difference between having two reasonable-size games and one mega-game, except the people with no interest in summer 44 France would be compelled to purchase it at an inflated price. How much is the full CMBN bundle? $140? CMFB is $60. You're asking them to charge you $220 whether you want both games or not.

Edited by MikeyD

Aside from 60+120 = 200, your are assuming that people only want to play certain years in a Western Allies game series?   That seems weird to me.  CM1's CMBB was great cos one could play from 1941 to 1945 in one game.  Of course it is understandably much more lucrative to break up the years and sell them as individual modules.  It's just a shame that the CM2 WW2 series cannot be combined.

I actually love this idea. The biggest problem with it is that it would entail more work than is being estimated. Particulaly because CMBN doesn't have tank riders. And that's just the first thing that popped into my head. 

Without even trying to think of the other things that would be involved, I don't see that it is an investment in resources that would make it worth it. The people who would be most interested are likely to already have both games and less likely to want to shell out $225 (more about the maths in a moment). For new players that's a big investment. 

It sounds like a cool thing to have but not somefink that would be worth the effort to make.

20 hours ago, MikeyD said:

How much is the full CMBN bundle? $140? CMFB is $60. You're asking them to charge you $220 whether you want both games or not.

20 hours ago, Erwin said:

Aside from 60+120 = 200

You guys struggle with the maths, don't ya? 🙂 

$140 + $60 = 200

$60 + $120 = $180

How about this for mathematical consideration:

$85 + $140 = $225

Remember, at some point there will be a module for CMFB. 🙂  The 1 module bundles are usually $85. And then, of course, there is the CMBN Battle Pack 2...........

The price keeps climbing. And, again, consider how big of a market there would be for it........

39 minutes ago, BFCElvis said:

Remember, at some point there will be a module for CMFB.

Yes John, now you're talking.  I just know this will be a part of Steve's yearly update he talked about earlier today.  ❤️ it.

And if it's not I'll crawl back down my hole.  That doesn't sound quite right but you know what I mean 😉.

1 hour ago, BFCElvis said:

You guys struggle with the maths, don't ya? 🙂 

$140 + $60 = 200

$60 + $120 = $180

LOL  I thought we were using the new politically correct math - which could add up to anything one "feels" like.

Edited by Erwin

I really don't see how this is much different than CMSF 2.  Its even more innovative than that.  And I suspect less work.  All the UK/CW is just sitting there waiting to be leveraged.  Finally bring CMBN up to CMFB standards.  Thats a pitch most people on this board would eat up.  I would imagine it would speed up CMFB to Steam also.

Of course, this is something someone should have thought of a year or so ago.  I am assuming its too late now.

8 hours ago, sovietpolarbear said:

I think Combat Mission should be a standalone game and all the other games act as modules or DLC people pay for to go along with the bare game. For example, how DCS does their thing.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/223750/DCS_World_Steam_Edition/

You're even later to that discussion on that topic than I am on this one.