Fire and Rubble module???

DaGMan

Just bought red thunder went to start a campaign, when i see quite a few if not most of the campaigns are greyed out and if you try to select any of them you get a message saying "fire and rubble module is required for this scenario please visit www.battlefront.com for details"??? I nebbed around the website and the message boards and cant seem to find anything, please help.

You have to activate (via license key) the various modules and packs. The installer brings in everything even stuff you haven't bought yet. They greyed out stuff is things that the game thinks you have not purchased yet. To activate everything you purchased you need to enter the keys you received. There is a link that was installed called something like "Activate keys". I'm not in front of my gaming computer but it should be find-able. Run it as many times as you have keys to enter and it will get you sorted.

What Ian said 👆.

This also applies to the Battle Pack which we were discussing elsewhere.  Purchase, get the email and then activate is how it works for BFC purchases.  I haven't tried Steam purchases for CM yet but it should be similar?

Welcome to Red Thunder by the way, an excellent choice 😉.  I do see that you've been around a lot longer though...

BFC, for several years now, has only offered 'full' downloads. Which means if you purchase the basegame any extra modules, vehicle packs or scenario packs will be included but they're greyed out until you buy an access key. For CMRT this also includes getting access to fall, winter and spring timeframe and the Germany region.

Edited by MikeyD

22 hours ago, DaGMan said:

I see, thx for the tip!!!

I use the default hotkeys and I'm very used to them. @Artkin may have some that work better. He should upload his hotkey file. Then you can compare the 2 and see if one works better for you than another. It may get confusing to you, as a new player, to hear a suggestion to change your hotkeys without a suggestion of what to alter them to. 🙂 

18 minutes ago, BFCElvis said:

I use the default hotkeys and I'm very used to them. @Artkin may have some that work better. He should upload his hotkey file. Then you can compare the 2 and see if one works better for you than another. It may get confusing to you, as a new player, to hear a suggestion to change your hotkeys without a suggestion of what to alter them to. 🙂 

Sure, it's not 100% complete but it has the essentials. I should add an assault key but I rarely use it anyway, and by now it would be tough/weird to break my habits.

hotkeys.txt

3 hours ago, BFCElvis said:

👍

52 minutes ago, chuckdyke said:

I think there is a difference between the Steam version and Battlefront. In Steam the F12 key is a screen shot and Battlefront brings you back to the previous unit. I don't know of anymore differences. 

That would probably just be the Steam overlay overriding the CM's default key bindings. Should be able to rebind the keys in either program.