Combat Mission Red Thunder Battlepack 1 video overview

A wee something I put together.

This video showcases content from the Combat Mission Red Thunder Battlepack 1 released by Battlefront.com.

It's a brief overview of each scenario, what it's about and the main intent; it also covers the campaigns (including a brief summary of the main campaign branches).

There are NO spoilers in the video chapters.

https://youtu.be/wyrRX4bP2mM

cmrt-p1v4.jpg

Edited by George MC

oh Boy!  Thanks GeorgeMC, can't wait to watch!  I'm currently early in Panzergrenadiers in Hampkampfeld.  Looks great so far.  But you are a sneaky fella so probably will be getting smacked around pretty soon. 

Started new job a couple months ago and it put quite a crimp in my CM time, but should have more time going forward.

8 hours ago, danfrodo said:

oh Boy!  Thanks GeorgeMC, can't wait to watch!  I'm currently early in Panzergrenadiers in Hampkampfeld.  Looks great so far.  But you are a sneaky fella so probably will be getting smacked around pretty soon. 

Started new job a couple months ago and it put quite a crimp in my CM time, but should have more time going forward.

Ah cool thank you - congrats on the new job. Aye HKL is one of my favourites, so yeah be interesting to see how it pans out. I've seen players tackle it in ways I never foresaw during playtesting so  ended up doing some AI plan tweaking to account.

Cheery!

8 minutes ago, Aragorn2002 said:

Great movie, George. I see I missed some scenarios, which I'm going to play now. Good idea to make this.

Ah cool - aye took a long time to pull together and a wee bit later than I planned still just made it in time for the second deadline ;)

Cheery!

5 hours ago, George MC said:

Ah cool thank you - congrats on the new job. Aye HKL is one of my favourites, so yeah be interesting to see how it pans out. I've seen players tackle it in ways I never foresaw during playtesting so  ended up doing some AI plan tweaking to account.

Cheery!

I'm doing a right hook, w everything.  Only the engineers left in reserve.  I plan on crossing the far right bridge & use the terrain & woods to shield my flanks...... I bet you are laughing right now, knowing I am making some big mistake :)   I placed TRP to help facilitate this advance.  We'll see.   Holiday for me today, maybe I'll get some progress.

4 hours ago, danfrodo said:

I'm doing a right hook, w everything.  Only the engineers left in reserve.  I plan on crossing the far right bridge & use the terrain & woods to shield my flanks...... I bet you are laughing right now, knowing I am making some big mistake :)   I placed TRP to help facilitate this advance.  We'll see.   Holiday for me today, maybe I'll get some progress.

Give 'em hell, Dan! 😁

1 minute ago, Aragorn2002 said:

Give 'em hell, Dan! 😁

I'm always terrified of what sneaky tricks General GeorgeMC-ovich has in store, but decided this was best path forward.  I've got first contact and realized I didn't put a TRP in this particular spot, but STUGs & 75mm halftracks should clean this up pretty quickly.  The infantry are assaulting also.  OF course I'm caught right at the traffic bottleneck coming out the woods.  Next turn I'll get spread out & get a lot of fire onto the enemy.  Distance is good for the halftrack MG gunners to lay down fire without getting killed, at least not yet.

https://imgur.com/4i98IvShttps://imgur.com/4i98IvS4i98IvS.jpg

cgKENvo.jpg

48 minutes ago, danfrodo said:

75mm halftracks

The Stummel.  An under-rated vehicle in my opinion.  If only they carried a few more HEAT rounds, but I can see why they didn't - they're not meant to be tank destoyers, but I have one in Mit Karacho which is doing an admirable job.

8 hours ago, Vacillator said:

The Stummel.  An under-rated vehicle in my opinion.  If only they carried a few more HEAT rounds, but I can see why they didn't - they're not meant to be tank destoyers, but I have one in Mit Karacho which is doing an admirable job.

Yes, they are very useful. And it hurts a lot when they get hit.

23 hours ago, Vacillator said:

Totally.

Had one sitting behind the corner of a barn kill 2 T-34/85's that went by showing their flanks in a PBEM earlier this week.

The HEAT round is pretty effective.

10 hours ago, Mr.X said:

Great video 👍🏻
You bring the potential of Combat Mission to shine. Since the days of „Blowtorch-Scenarios“ you have inspired me 😎

Regards

Mr.X 

Thank you - feedback like this is a great motivator :)

Much appreciated thank you.