A Summer Stroll DAR (Part 1)

https://youtu.be/Ai5bvbwqDU8

A Combat Mission Fortress Italy story, using Bil Hardenberger's excellent C2 Hard Cat Rules v2I.

For those of you who like to take game accuracy/authenticity to the next level, I highly recommend you give Bil's rules a run out. They make the game far more challenging by, amongst other things, removing the player's ability to react to situations that the troops on the ground would be unaware of.

I will be producing these DARs as I play the game, so I'm as unaware of the outcome as you will be!

Feedback appreciated, as always

Drew

Really nice prelude.

I would never send armor forward without infantry working into recon position and spend a while spotting, but that's just me and the scenario parameters may not give you enough time to be as deliberate as I like to be.

Looking forward to seeing what happens.

PBEM takes up most of my game time, but I've used house rules similar to the Hard Cat rules in single player forever.

Makes playing against the AI so much more enjoyable and immersive.

On 4/6/2023 at 10:02 AM, drewshotsfan said:

A Combat Mission Fortress Italy story, using Bil Hardenberger's excellent C2 Hard Cat Rules v2I.

For those of you who like to take game accuracy/authenticity to the next level, I highly recommend you give Bil's rules a run out. They make the game far more challenging by, amongst other things, removing the player's ability to react to situations that the troops on the ground would be unaware of.

+1.  Interesting stuff.  IMO these rules are the best way to play vs the AI.

On 4/6/2023 at 11:02 AM, drewshotsfan said:

https://youtu.be/Ai5bvbwqDU8

I will be producing these DARs as I play the game, so I'm as unaware of the outcome as you will be!

Feedback appreciated, as always

Drew

I will take a gander at this tomorrow.

Also, these rules were developed in partnership with @IanL, aka the Canadian Cat, hence the naming. ;) 

I am happy to see another AAR using these rules. 

Bil

12 hours ago, Bil Hardenberger said:

Also, these rules were developed in partnership with @IanL, aka the Canadian Cat, hence the naming. ;) 

Oh fantastic. Drew is back, you owe me a couple of turns buddy 🙂

More serious I like that someone else is trying these out. I'll have to look at them too.

On 4/10/2023 at 4:19 AM, Bil Hardenberger said:

I will take a gander at this tomorrow.

Bil

I never knew that! I wondered why the name.....and now it makes sense! 🙂

On 4/10/2023 at 4:28 PM, IanL said:

Oh fantastic. Drew is back, you owe me a couple of turns buddy 🙂

More serious I like that someone else is trying these out. I'll have to look at them too.

Hi @IanL

Yes, I'm sort of back. I am easing myself back in gradually. Unfortunately I lost my CMRT pbem game files (but BF did manage to resurrect the actual game for me, which was great), so we can't carry on with Snow For The Hungry, but we can certainly get cracking with our SF2 game, if you are ok to carry on?

16 hours ago, drewshotsfan said:

Hi @IanL

Yes, I'm sort of back. I am easing myself back in gradually. Unfortunately I lost my CMRT pbem game files (but BF did manage to resurrect the actual game for me, which was great), so we can't carry on with Snow For The Hungry, but we can certainly get cracking with our SF2 game, if you are ok to carry on?

Yes, for sure the SF2 game is winding down. The Snow for the Hungry PBEM file is available in our Dropbox folder. You can pick it up and drop it in CMRT's incoming folder and away we go - again.