WimO tossing in the towel.

WimO

I quit. Two weeks and over 160 hours of modifying my scenarios and play testing. Assembled just two as a mini campaign to play test and FUBAR! It compiles properly but refuses to pull in the called elements of the core units file as well as the intro Tactical .bmp an .txt files. FUBAR, FUBAR, FUBAR. I've had it with this program. No more frustrating hours. Going back to painting minis.

Happy gaming to y'all.

Signing off.

5 hours ago, WimO said:

I quit. Two weeks and over 160 hours of modifying my scenarios and play testing. Assembled just two as a mini campaign to play test and FUBAR! It compiles properly but refuses to pull in the called elements of the core units file as well as the intro Tactical .bmp an .txt files. FUBAR, FUBAR, FUBAR. I've had it with this program. No more frustrating hours. Going back to painting minis.

Happy gaming to y'all.

Signing off.

Hope you'll get back to it once you've refreshed your mind with some nice painting stuff! 👍

Too bad to abandon close to the final goal, especially after 160 hours of hard work!

8 hours ago, WimO said:

Happy gaming to y'all.

Signing off.

Oh Wim that's bad news and I feel your pain.

If the urge takes you after the dust settles, perhaps one of our great campaign designers could lend a hand and cast an eye over your files to look for the cause?

That sounds like a core units file issue. ALL the missions in a campaign will need to be synced with the core units file. Anything else you'd never be able to compile and it would give you an error message. So reckon it's an easy fix. Happy to take a wee look if helps. A lot of time and effort to throw oot the windae...

Edited by George MC
spelling

15 hours ago, WimO said:

Happy gaming to y'all.

Signing off.

Why not just play the game then?  There's mountains of content that don't require any work.  I spend all day, every day, trying to make simulations work.  For fun I just want to play ones that already work.

After come deep breathing, cuss'n and a walk around the house my obsessive personality had me have another look at it and ... I stumbled across the problem. The issue was the sequence that I loaded the compiler. As instructed I had the core units file, two scenario files and the requisite text file all in one folder ... but instead of selecting make campaign from a loaded core units file, I launched from the loaded first scenario. Consequently the campaign thought that the first scenario was the core units file.

I redid it properly and voila! it all worked okay. Good. So now I'm back to work.

Thank's all for the encouragement.