Bunkers have a bug

snarre

So I don't think I'm seeing that here. 

I first set up a string of AT and infantry bunkers, some empty, some with AT guns, a couple with infantry.  Oh and a Panther turret bunker just for fun 😉.   Faced them all in the same direction and attacked them from behind with a couple of Soviet infantry platoons and three T34/85s.  With either side human-controlled or AI-controlled, the manned bunkers only opened fire once infantry had started to get in line with or in front of their 'slots'.  No fire at anything behind, and when I controlled the bunkers, I did not see anything behind me.

I then set up a single empty bunker and just the Soviet infantry (to avoid the bunker blowing up too early).  No spotting happened from the empty bunker.

So perhaps your facings were not in the opposite direction?  But I'm not sure about the empty bunker you said was spotting - facing wouldn't affect that.  Perhaps something else that I'm missing? 

If you want to send me the QB file to have a look at just PM me for an email adress.

Edited by Vacillator

Yes indeed Phil, except for taking insurance - I don't get nothing mate.  And if I was NHS, no insurance would be needed.

Any thoughts on the bunker issue though as I'm well aware I may be wrong?

On the plus side, the above testing involved some rudimentary AI planning in the editor and my curiosity is piqued.  And you my friend are the man to answer any questions I may have 👍.

Edited by Vacillator

1 hour ago, Vacillator said:

I don't get nothing mate.

Ahhh, that is right. I would have been outed as a Yank agent.

Oh, I must now admit a terrible habit. I often narrate to myself in some certain voice as I read someone's writings, obviously folks where I do not know the sound of their actual voice.

You are Michael Caine's voice. Is that ok?

~~~

Anyway, I don't know what to say about the bunkers. I have never noticed it.

~~~

AI plans and such. Sure, glad to TRY and help you.

😂.

6 minutes ago, kohlenklau said:

You are Michael Caine's voice. Is that ok?

If it works for you that's fine.  In reality I'm a bit more northern despite what my location says.

And you sound very Texan I'm sure?

Edited by Vacillator
Before someone else says it, we should get a room

Good screenshot.  In my rather brief tests I didn't see that, I assume it 'works' for other units than Forward Observers?  Still shouldn't happen of course.

So do you have any bunker mods installed as metioned earlier?  I see you have the excellent JuJu's UI installed (as do I) so you must be a mod kinda guy 😉.

Okay, the plot thickens, here's my version of your setup:

gWmGLbH.png

As you can see, my FO team can 'see' the Soviets behind the bunker, even though they're looking the other way (which they would be of course) 😵.   There are no other Germans on the map.  And judging by their smiles, they obviously know something we don't.  At the back of the bunker there is a closed door and some sort of ventilation shutter, but they surely can't be looking through those. 

Setting is Iron by the way, in case anyone wonders.

Oh and I ran the above without the FO team and the empty bunker never spotted a thing, so that part seems okay for me?  But you originally suggested an empty bunker was spotting?

Anyway, now to check whether other types of unit have the FO's superpowers...

Edited by Vacillator

nou bunker mods and all infantry types work for replicate this . empty bunker spotting might be wrong  , my opponen told me that contact icons was moving when empty bunker is select but i coulden replecate empty bunker spotting . 

Edited by snarre