Shock Force2 v2.06 patch is now available

Well, in my case it was a gracious gesture by BFC as I had had E-license problems.  They have migrated servers/tech and having bought other games, I will say e-license is now smoother than it was.  I will buy only from BFC in the future, but I am not going to repurchase SF2/DLC over a minor patch.

@John, is there anything you can do to motivate Steam or get Slitherine to do it as they are selling BFC Steam keys?  Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Do Dutch engineers still carry two rifles? I haven't been able to check. 

I'd just like to know if our bug reports are seen and acted on, is all. What were the major fixes here? 

"Matrix/Slitherine Tournament scoring fix" does not really address the bulk of the problems. I'm a little disappointed, if I'm being frank. 

Edited by DougPhresh

• 5 months later...
On 9/13/2023 at 7:17 PM, Yuiri said:

3 years of waiting and still got tiny issues like this...

Hopefully im still around when they fix this...cheers

We've been personally assured that Charles is working 24/7, three hundreed and sixty five days a year (minus holidays) to fix this stuff & that there's no serious need to improve the patching system.

Myself, I assume neither of us will be around when someone finally types "400" into a box.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Have been playing Paper Tiger's xnt updated "Gung Ho!" and rediscovered many bugs/weirdness that were reported many years ago but are still present.  Eg: 

Disembarking a TOW Humvee leaves one with a TOW unit that cannot move nor can it reembark. 

While mortar units can share ammo, Javelin units cannot even though the Jav ammo from adjacent units appears in the right hand box as if it were available.

There is still a way to have one FO order two different offmap arty missions simultaneously.  I reported that back in 2018 when I discovered that while playtesting TOC (CMBS).  (On the other hand, why is it that one FO cannot order more than one fire mission simultaneously, so maybe that is a "good" bug?)

Sniper teams equipped with rifles taking 7.62mm are also carrying 50 cal ammo.

Years ago I posted a Iist of over 20 such items in the hope that they would be addressed at some point.   But, it seems that BF is not that interested in updating CMSF2.  My hope is that it is because they are working on a CM3 engine.

Yea i noticed and start to think if is not some kind of  propaganda from Battlefront . I wonder why is US Army is so broken after last patch . Why only good guys ? Who knows maybe Battlefront joined  dark side!!  Make USA great again or elect Donald atleast . Thank you 🙂

Edited by David Jaros

On 1/7/2024 at 4:31 PM, Erwin said:

Have been playing Paper Tiger's xnt updated "Gung Ho!" and rediscovered many bugs/weirdness that were reported many years ago but are still present.  Eg: 

Disembarking a TOW Humvee leaves one with a TOW unit that cannot move nor can it reembark. 

While mortar units can share ammo, Javelin units cannot even though the Jav ammo from adjacent units appears in the right hand box as if it were available.

There is still a way to have one FO order two different offmap arty missions simultaneously.  I reported that back in 2018 when I discovered that while playtesting TOC (CMBS).  (On the other hand, why is it that one FO cannot order more than one fire mission simultaneously, so maybe that is a "good" bug?)

Sniper teams equipped with rifles taking 7.62mm are also carrying 50 cal ammo.

Years ago I posted a Iist of over 20 such items in the hope that they would be addressed at some point.   But, it seems that BF is not that interested in updating CMSF2.  My hope is that it is because they are working on a CM3 engine.

Is it just me that has a problem with the LAV TOWS not seeing anything in second mission?

9 hours ago, David Jaros said:

I think i found another bug and  it looks like Syrians using night vision now even reserve units . That is very sad and iam not willing to play SH2 anymore unless Devs give us patch 

Are you sure about that? I've been playing a few night missions with Reserve Syrian Infantry and they can't see squat at night unless it's a clear, moonlit night.

And I am constantly reminded that the Brits went into the Falklands without night vision against the Argentinian troops which did have. It sounds like that was 'bad scenario design'. I'd expect regular Syrian formations to be similarly equipped but perhaps not reserve. Perhaps the scenario designer had equipment set to EXCELLENT when he bought the formation?  I tend to set it at ABSOLUTE CRAP for Reserve formations. But who knows? Genuine question - if you know, I'd like to know too. :D

Edited by Paper Tiger

Am surprised no one has noted a major bug - that Javelins will deviate from attacking an AFV (or anything) and instead attack a bunker.  Have been playing Mission 5 of "Gung Ho!" and PT has placed many bunkers next to AFV's.  Even when manually targeting a Javelin at an AFV or other target, the Javelin will alter course in mid-flight and attack a bunker instead.  Unfortunately, a Javelin cannot destroy a bunker.  Will post SPOILERS on the "Gung Ho!" thread to help show how to overcome this in M5.

Paper Tiger I was so upset i deleted Sf2 from my computer . I could not emotionally handle it anymore haha ( yea it could be that equipment was set on elite but it is still bug and we need further testing before new patch arrive )

Edited by David Jaros

I want to apologize to Battlefront for reporting not existing bug with Syrian night vision .  It was not bug and  i had to test it again and it works Syrians still blind even with superior equipment . I mean regulars and militia infantry only . I just see bugs everywhere now haha

Edited by David Jaros